• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes scope options

sniper81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
i was looking on midway usa for a scope for my new 25-06,came across 2 around my price range, a bushnell banner 6-18x50mm,and a simmons whitetail 6.5-20x50mm both are the same price which is the better buy in your opinion will be using the scope for hunting,and the whitetail is a milldot reticle

Re: scope options

also found a simmons 44mag 6-21x44 a little cheaper than the last two on natchez

I could be wrong about this, but I'm not sure if anyone on here would actually use either one of those scopes. They may be a lil too low on the totem pole for anyone here. I'm into the "budgety" stuff and I wouldn't buy either of those. But, I could be completely out of line in saying that.

What rifle are you putting this on, and what is your budget? Although a lot of people on here, including myself, are going to point you towards higher end optics, your budget will dictate what you can get. Also, what is the purpose of the rifle? Are you using it for shorter range (400yds or closer) hunting, longer range, competition, etc.?

May I suggest a Minox? They make really good general hunting scopes for thier price tag. I think they have a series in the $200-350 range. Other than that IMO Weaver would be best. If'n yer gonna have to shoot crummy glass, atleast have crummy glass that will hold zero, like, forever... However, I am partial to Weavers... For that exact reason.

its going on a 25-06 for coyotes, i ordered a weaver 40/44 4-12x44 scope