• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope recommendation for a .308, need help to choose one, quarantine has made my brain numb

miscexpense

Never stop learning
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2018
Alabama
I never thought I would have a hard time figuring out what optic to get...... I have a rem 700 aac-sd .308that I bought a few years ago. I am only using it suppressed and my thoughts are I will let my daughter use it this coming Whitetail season. Someone throw me some recommendations for a new optic. I don't want to put one of my PRS scopes on it due to weight and $$. I bought a vortex diamondback for my .22lr and was possibly thinking it might work but haven't seen many reviews on them being used on larger calibers. I like MOA for a short distance (sub500 yd)

Have been seeing some Leupold vx5hd scopes for some really good prices. I have one on my 6.5 cm hunting rig and it’s great

Reactions: Stevo86
I’ll pull up these. I’m pretty sure the leupold may be more $ than I want to put in to a short range rifle. I’m with you there on the quality though. I put a vx6 on my 300wm and was floored at how clear it was. Trying to keep the price under 1k but would like to have it under 500.

My friend just a few weeks ago won a vx5hd on gunbroker for $675 give or take a couple bucks

How bout a Leupold VXR 4-12? Great glass little cheaper than the vx5hd

$750 buy it now on gb

Attachments

• 6C13615A-D358-4A39-B11D-7527395F6A11.png
    6C13615A-D358-4A39-B11D-7527395F6A11.png
    712.1 KB · Views: 54
I'd suggest that you take a look at the Bushnell Forge scopes that are going for some great prices on Natchez and Midway. For the price, I haven't seen anything better currently.