• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope Replacement Suggestions

army_eod

Retired Army
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2008
AL
Looking to replace the ACOG on the FN15 DMR. Looking for something like LPVO or 2-10ish. Looking at about 1K budget.

Will put the ACOG up for sale to pay for the optic.

Appreciate any good suggestions. I have been reading and researching and it gets old.

Reactions: JS8588
Looking to replace the ACOG on the FN15 DMR. Looking for something like LPVO or 2-10ish. Looking at about 1K budget.

Will put the ACOG up for sale to pay for the optic.

Appreciate any good suggestions. I have been reading and researching and it gets old.

I'm going with a Leupold VX-5HD either 3-15 or 2-10 for my underway RECCE build.

They can pretty easily be found for $800ish.

Reactions: army_eod
You can snag an Aimpoint Creedo 1-6x24 or 2-10x36 for under $1k with a MIL/LE discount.

I considered a Burris XTRII 2-10x42 for a precision AR build, but 28 ounces was a no-go for me.

And what kinda ACOG are you getting rid of? :unsure:

You can snag an Aimpoint Creedo 1-6x24 or 2-10x36 for under $1k with a MIL/LE discount.

I considered a Burris XTRII 2-10x42 for a precision AR build, but 28 ounces was a no-go for me.

And what kinda ACOG are you getting rid of? :unsure:
5E549F36-E15C-45B6-BC1E-2CA712DE7FBA.jpeg

The ACOG is mounted on the FN15. Probably 50 rounds fired with this optic. Like new.

I replaced my TA-11 with the USO 1.5-6 but that was a decade ago (custom one Frank had built and tested). Good move going towards a real scope in this application; old eyes here as well and that TA11 reticle gets smaller and smaller with every passing day.

Well Doug at Cameraland just gave me a great deal on the Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 RD FFP - M-Rad. Hard to pass up.

thanks for all the ideas.

Reactions: JS8588
Well Doug at Cameraland just gave me a great deal on the Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 RD FFP - M-Rad. Hard to pass up.

thanks for all the ideas.

You'll be very happy with it. I'm familiar with some of the other glass you have from your posts over on THR. If my 1-6x24 is representative, you'll be pleased.