• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Scope Report: KonusPro M-30 6.5-25X44 (7281)

Ranmaniac

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2011
TX
Scope: KonusPro M-30 6.5-25X44 (7281) - Opticsplanet.com $275

Rifle: DPMS LR-308 24" SST Bull Barrel

This scope's parts are made in Italy and assembled in the good old PRC.

Well, I got this scope in and went to my local shop to get the right height of rings for my cheek rest... The LR-308 rail is raised a bit already so I ended up with short Leopold rings... If I buy them at this particular shop, they mount and level the scope for you... What a bargain for $75 beans...

It overhangs the charging handle by a short margin, maybe 1", so an over-sized latch for the T-Handle will be in order...

Anyway... The optics are exceptionally clear.. I’d agree with most other forums/posts that they are as clear/sharp throughout the focal range as higher priced scopes. Even at 25x, there's very little loss of focus and no vingnetting, bring it down to about 23x and it's clear as a bell again. The scope itself is well weighted, feels sturdy. The knobs are all nice & tight & metal, smooth clicks through adjustments with a locking feature on the knob. I started the break-in / Zero process with the LR-308.. In between the FTE problem that I was having with the LR-308, it was a breeze to zero.. I was at 50 yards at this point… I just hung out there just to get the initial break in over with… By the time I got to about 50 rounds, the rifle was broken in a bit and I was literally just shooting 1 round at an empty spot on the paper and then hitting that hole with a follow up shot… it was a beautiful thing… This was with Winchester 308 White box ammo as well.. Then it happened… On or about 80 rounds or so… the reticle appeared to cant slightly to the right… The inside level of the scope was no longer level… I fired another shot and the dang thing canted to about 30° right or maybe 1:00 to 1:30 ish… The scope body/tube was still level and loc-tited in place where it always was...

I was so ticked off I left the range… between the double-feeds and the scope, I just wanted to throw/break something.

I am going to give it one more chance because of the clarity/features/price aspect so I have a return/exchange setup with opticsplanet.com… I also have an email in with Konus to see if it is a known issue… if it is, I may get with them to fix it… I’ll update later…

Re: Scope Report: KonusPro M-30 6.5-25X44 (7281)

Gotta hate it when that happens, some people were having the same issue with the Vortex Crossfire.

Ive had a 3x scope from konus and a red dot, both mounted at different times on my AR. The scope worked awesome and had no problems with it within that time. The red dot i returned pretty much rite after I got it. I think it was the cheapest feeling POS I have ever encountered. I ordered it because I liked the fact that it had tactical type of turrets, but after I got it I realized you cant reset the knob after zeroing, and it felt like something that my son would be playing with out of his toybox. Seems weird how they have some good products and some really bad ones too.

Good lord... what a mess this has been.... Just to give you a starter... The DPMS has been sitting in it's case since this original post... Now the long version...

I got the email from opticsplanet that they received the Konus M30 return... but 3 days later and no notice of a replacement shipment so I called them... They had no more in stock and expected shipment by mid September... Unacceptable...

I then committed to spending a bit more money but try to keep it <$400... This is already over budget for me and I fear the first shot will be my wife shooting me at this point... On top of that, I already had the cool 30 mm Leupold rings so I would need a 30mm tube to match... This killed most Nikons, Bushnells, & affordable Leupolds... I wanted thumb adjustable turrets and side parallax & higher zoom range like 6-20 ish.. So I narrowed it down to 2 choices... The Millett Buck Gold 6-25 X 56 for $370 & The Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 PA for $400....

And guess which scope my fat cheap ass wanna save $30 went with? In all honesty, It had the 56mm wide glass, the nice thumb wheel turrets with locks, etc...

I get the Millet in today... and voila... It has a peesa shit debris in the glass, about 8:00 from center and 1/2 way to the edge... I was 2 seconds from just smashing it on the sidewalk...

The overall clarity was mediocre at best. The Konus was much better in that regard.

So.. It is prepped for return and the DPMS LR-308 weeps, silently...

I guess I'll give the Vortex a try now...

Update in a cuppla weeks....

Just to sum up...

I've bought a DPMS LR-308 and have got a chance to fire about 80 break in rounds of freaking Winchester White Box in almost a month's time, due to crap scopes...

I was so pissed today, I wanted to shoot something... Sadly, I couldnt hit it because I have no scope !!

Should have gone with the Falcon Menace 4-14

I have the Millet LRS 6-25 on my 12.7 x 48 suppressed and have been happy with it so far. Very bright and clear with the 35mm tube. Going to see if I can resolve 30 cal holes at 430yds when I head back down to the range. From what I could see at that distance, it looks like I should be able to.

The other reason I went with that (aside from price) is lifetime guarantee ( I believe). FOr what I use the scope for its worked fine. My other choice was a Sightron at about 200.00 more.
Steve

I've read quite a bit on Millet and most seemed favorable, which is another reason I went with it but If their QA isn't reasonable enough to not allow a scope with visible debris to leave manufacturing then I have to think that it could be a crap shoot as to what one gets. I have no fantasy that the Viper Vortex is leagues above in quality but at least they state that they have a QA department which inspects the scopes and for $30 more, I guess it's worth a try...

Dangit... a decent optic that holds zero and has reasonable clarity shouldn't cost more that the freaking rifle.

I've also read, here and other places that Vortex Viper is a bit clearer that the Falcon menace which is also why I went with Vortex.

You obviously never saw my post/'review on the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50mm.

I bought a Millet first, went to the range the day it came in, and had it boxed up ready for return within a few hours.

I then got the Vortex and realized what a quality scope is like.

Greetings from OpticsPlanet.com!

Thank you for your order. We apologize, but your order has been temporarily placed on hold because we have just run out of stock on:
==================================================================
Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 PA Riflescope with Mil Dot Reticle VPR-M-05MD $399.00 ==================================================================
They are very popular and hard to keep around. We do expect to receive the merchandise back in stock within 3-5 weeks. We will not charge your credit card until we are able to ship the order. You will be automatically notified with your tracking number when your order ships.

<span style="font-weight: bold">OH MY FREAKING GOD !!! This rifle will have sat dormant for almost 2 months by the time I get a scope !! </span>

I think I will rip my Bushnell Trophy XLT off my varment rifle just to go shoot the dang thing...

So I thought I'd be slick and just get a refund and get the Viper somewhere else... nope... every reputable seller is out of stock...

I bought a used 6.5-25 m30 Konus scope on eBay. Put it on my 597 .22mag and was quite impressed with the clarity. I liked it so much that I bought another one, new this time for my 1022. That is when things went south. The cross hairs were canted from the factory. Called Konus and the sent me a new one. The replacement is just not sharp. Called them just before Thanksgiving and I was told an RMA would be sent out Monday. Guess they forgot to send it so I called, and called and called and left message after message with the girl who answers the phone. I have not received the RMA as of today 12/8/11. Needless to say, I will not recommend or buy another Konus product.

smile.gif
<span style="color: #FF0000">I HAVE TO WITHDRAW MY COMPLAINT. UPS SHOWED UP TODAY WITH A NEW SCOPE AND THE RMA SLIP WAS WITH IT. CHECKED OUT THE SCOPE AND IT IS PERFECT...SHARP AS A TACK...VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER.</span>

Sorry I havent gotten back to this until now... I finally found the Viper, in stock, at some obsure vendor, about a week after this post and I've just been having too much fun with it to post... Seriously though... The Viper turned out to be the right choice. Very clear, shoots a box and returns to zero, spot on, and has been through about 500 rounds now and keeps on ticking.