• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope Shopping FFP

jcsparky

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
Anchorage Alaska
Ive decided to get a new scope FFP.
Narrowed it down to the ATACR 5-25 MIL R, NXS 8-32 mil C 0r Kahles 6-24 SKMR?
Thoughts..??

Last edited:
Why mil-r in atacr and mil-c in nxs? You can get mil-c in atacr if that's what you want. Also, nxs scopes are second focal plane. The new nx8 scopes are first focal plane. If atacr is in your budget, i wouldn't even look at nxs/nx8. There is nothing wrong with them, but the atacr is a step up. Same with kahles. 6-24 is a proven scope but dated. Nothing wrong at all and you can find good prices on them now. Pick the price range first, then the reticle you like. You can't go wrong with any of those. Just be sure you know what you're looking at because it seems like you might be a little mixed up. Easy to do if you're new to this.

Sorry I Copied and pasted. NX8 FFP Mil C, I don't see many reviews on this one..
There's a deal i'm looking at for the ATACR MIL R. Not really and issue either way is it? Preference?
Mostly Target shooting, some hunting.

Looking for help on the quality of glass specifically. Not my applications. I don't have a Kahles or NX8 to compare, have a couple of older NF MOA/MOA
Looking for someone who has "ACTUAL" expierence with ATACR and Kahles.
I'm not running any competition.

Gotcha, if you are ok with the mil-r reticle, i would take the atacr and not look back. Some people don't like it, but i have it in a 2.5-10 and don't mind it. I would prefer mil-c, but it's not unusable like some people imply. Nx8 has some cool features, but there are trade offs...search dark lord of optics on youtube, he is a member here and goes pretty in depth on the nx8. Another member went pretty in depth on it too. The kahles and skmr reticle seem to be pretty universally accepted as a good to go optic. Not perfect, and not in the same class as the best of the best, but absolutely nothing wrong with them.

I had a 5-25x56 ATACR F1 with MLR reticle. I sold it and went to Kahles 6-24 with SKMR 2 and SKMR 3 reticles. I liked the ATACR, but I like the Kahles better. I like the Kahles parallax adjustment, reticles, and the zero stop better. Nightforce zero stops are not difficult, but my Kahles and Schmidt & Bender set when you zero the zero the elevation turret.

You'll be happy with either. Both are very good optics for the prices they are selling for now.