• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope situation.

Porter24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2011
Ohio
In the process of buying a savage 17 rifle from a local guy. He has a bushnell banner 3x9 scope now. The situation is do a give him $50 for the scope. Or do you guys think I could find a better scope for $75? Thanks guys

Re: Scope situation.

Let him keep scope and either watch for a good deal or save your money. Most accurate rifle in the world is no good without a good piece of glass. What will you be using the gun for primarily?

id say give him the extra 50 if you dont have a diffrent scope to put on it, but you will defintally want to upgrade that scope

I just wanna use the gun for squirrel or bird hunting. Looking for a good 100 yard scope

that scope brand new is around 80 bucks , so i guess your looking at a 35 % discount if you pay 50. Maybe if it comes with decent rings and the glass is in good condition. You could always but some shitty rings for 5 or 10 bucks.

personally i dont like to mess with scopes that shitty. But on a 17 hmr, why not.

It's the heavy barrel so it's gonna be an accurate rifle. I'd kinda like yo have some nice glass on it just not sure what would be over kill just for shooting birds lol

I would get some better glass for the rifle. I have a cheapo Mueller Eraticator that I got from JoeBob's for about 200 bucks. My rifle is a 93R17BVSS that has the barrel cut to 16.5in with a target crown. I shot this group at 100 with the stock old style trigger, the flyer was my fault but these rifles are way more accurate than most people expect.

DSCN4994.jpg

I have just the regular model also and it surprised me to on how accurate it was