• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Scopes with level turrets/ reticles?????

stapletonb08.1740

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2012
lucasville ohio
Im looking to buy a new scope. My current scope on my 308 is a millett 4-16x50. The problem i have with the scope is that when the turrets and the bottom base is level the reticle is canted about 2-4 degrees. If you would look at a clock the crosshairs would be at 1 minute and 31 minutes. I called millett they said they could try to fix it but it would take over a month to get back. My luck is they wouldnt even look at it and send it back so i decided im going to buy a new scope. I really dont want to spend more than 800 bucks. I want the scope to have nice clicks, <span style="font-weight: bold">level turrets and crosshairs</span>. I perfer 30mm tube. Has anyone owned the vortex viper PST 4-16x50 with the EBR 1 moa reticle? It looks to be the perfect scope to put on my remington 700 308. I use the gun for long range shooting up to 1000 yards so my main interest is nice consistant clicks and level turrets. Clarity is not my main concern. Any advise would be great!

Re: Scopes with level turrets/ reticles?????

Just read some the reviews about the PST's. Use this link to search
Snipershide Custom Search this is like the full cavity search the TSA gives to old people that don't have cell phones, and guys wearing NRA jackets
wink.gif

Not to hijack your thread but how do you tell if your reticle is canted in relation to your turrets?

Use the search link above and look for optically testing your scope it should be in one of those threads. If your scope is level the reticle should be level. Some people use a string with a weight tied to it and once the scope is level it shod line up.