• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Scored a HK P7 ?

DXT_Shooter

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2017
Chandler, AZ
Got a smoking hot deal on a HK P7...what a great handgun I have had it out a few times and love shooting it. I may have to get another one ?.

85D5BB4C-39F8-4ED0-B6BE-3E922D6CD5B3.jpeg

Awesome pistol, they are amazingly accurate, now you need a P7K3 to go with it.

Reactions: kocustoms
Lucky bastard!!!
I was, I kept looking and as I was about to buy one locally for about $2500 but they were at shot show so could go until the Friday when they reopened. Well on Thursday night one come up on Armslist at a pawn shop in Texas called them Friday morning right as they opened and bought it...saved more than $1000

• Wow
Reactions: Basher
They are a great little pistol a friend of mine has one and I love shooting it.

I was, I kept looking and as I was about to buy one locally for about $2500 but they were at shot show so could go until the Friday when they reopened. Well on Thursday night one come up on Armslist at a pawn shop in Texas called them Friday morning right as they opened and bought it...saved more than $1000
That’s a good deal! Not a steal... but damn good price!! Well done! I still kick myself for not buying one at $400. Oops. Damn you Hans Gruber... damn you to Hell!

Sirhr

That’s a good deal! Not a steal... but damn good price!! Well done! I still kick myself for not buying one at $400. Oops. Damn you Hans Gruber... damn you to Hell!

Sirhr
$400 holy smokes now that would be a steal. Hindsight is 20/20 and I would have bought 10 at that price and made some serious $$$

Reactions: Basher
Awesome pistol to shoot, bought and sold a couple P7M8's over the years, everytime they went up in price! Wish I kept one.

$400 holy smokes now that would be a steal. Hindsight is 20/20 and I would have bought 10 at that price and made some serious $$$
In the 1990s, thousands of ex West Grrman police guns came in. Yours looks like one, but can’t tell from pix. They were $400 in The Gun List... 399, actually. Yes, I should have bought 10! Didn’t appreciate them back then. Silly me!!!

Sirhr

Reactions: Middle Man
It will never be said that suffers from high bore axis...

In the 1990s, thousands of ex West Grrman police guns came in. Yours looks like one, but can’t tell from pix. They were $400 in The Gun List... 399, actually. Yes, I should have bought 10! Didn’t appreciate them back then. Silly me!!!

Sirhr

I remember well. I actually bought a NIB P7M13 for $1K in the mid 90's. Loved that gun. Lost it in a divorce and have always missed it.

So you paid $1500?

Not a bad deal.

There is one sitting at my LGS for $2000

I bought mine back quite some time ago when $1100 was the going rate.

Now if you find the ones that have the magazine release in the grip instead of on the heel, those sell for a lot more.

So you paid $1500?

Not a bad deal.

There is one sitting at my LGS for $2000

I bought mine back quite some time ago when $1100 was the going rate.

Now if you find the ones that have the magazine release in the grip instead of on the heel, those sell for a lot more.
Actually was $1400 with free shipping and obviously no tax and $20 to pick it up at my FFL so not bad.

The P7M13 was a striker fired design way ahead of its time. Advantages of H&K P7M13 include:

1. Truly ambidextrous controls

2. Grip safety

3. Slide lock reloads require only a grip squeeze, not required to find a slide release lever or use a mechanical tactic to release the slide with one-handed operations

4. Removal of striker assembly by simply pushing in the striker bushing and rotating it 90 degrees, allows removal of the striker assembly which renders the gun inert……place the assembly in your pocket until ready to change the readiness status of the gun.

5. Its fluted chamber allows it to function flawlessly without an extractor, the only purpose of which is to extract a live round from the chamber.

6. Despite its ergonomic frame grip angle, it is designed to allow the magazine to be almost exactly perpendicular to the slide which
affords virtually no angle of cartridge feeding to screw things up.

After a few magazines though the top of the trigger guard gets really hot due to the hot gases heating it up.

IMG_9962 copy.JPG
P7M13 See Thru Schematic copy.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 7.17.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 7.27.58 AM.png

Last edited:
At least somebody scored. I’m still trying to figure out who till my money for then p7m13!!!! Cops said impossible to track guy. Aka Not enough money involved.

You motherfucker you...

Well, now you got one for a price you won't feel bad about carrying, check out Milt Sparks VM2 holster, by far my favorite holster for Glocks and shit, however, it was originally designed for that pistol. As good as that rig is I can only imagine it's just the titties for the weapon it was designed for.

Saw some of these going for nearly $4k on Gunstroker. No lie. I bet the SS M13's are going for $10k, wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Hope you got some mags, those were ranging from $100 to $300 ea.

Still kicking myself in the ass for not buying up every M8 I could when some Euro police dept. traded 'em in and they sold here for around $1k. Some wear, little use, had police markings. They turned out to be work about as much as the rest in the end.

But really, is it THAT good of a pistol? Or is it just more of a collector item at this point? I'm serious here, handled but never fired or carried one, do folks just buy these to put in the safe anymore or do people actually carry 'em daily? I'm sure a few do, but I mean by and large. I know I carry a Glock, know that even if I had that Ed Brown 1911 I want that I doubt I'd actually carry it, so I wonder.

To answer your question -- and of course this is just my opinion -- but yes, they are that great of a pistol. The bore axis is very low, the piston-retarded gas system keeps the action from moving until the round is gone, and the barrel is fixed. P7s are the most accurate pistols I own. They are also sexy as hell with wood grips, as a bonus.

The single biggest reason I carry one is that until you squeeze the cocking device, the pistol is completely inert. The striker is not armed. You can pull the trigger all you like -- no bang. To activate the cocking mechanism takes about 12lbs of force -- more than a child can muster even with two hands. This added measure of safety in a house with kids, not to mention just being carried in a holster, is worth a premium to me. BTW, to hold the cocking lever after it is squeezed takes only a pound of pressure. You can relax your grip to the point of almost dropping the pistol before it is deactivated.

Detractors will point at the all steel design, but I and many other see this as a good thing. The piston system requires cleaning, perhaps more so than modern polymer striker fired designs, but I really don't mind fondling my favorite pistols after a session. The biggest real problem is the heat generated by the piston. These aren't pistols that you take to the range and put a few hundred rounds through without a break every couple mags or so. I have two M13s that I bought used and refurbished/refinished that I use at the range or in comps.

In all I have four M8s and four M13s. Two of the M8 have been refinished and rotate as my carry pistols. Two are unfired, NIB and waiting for my sons to reach carry age. Two of the M13s are beaters and one is pretty minty. I was fortunate enough to pick up a PD trade-in M13 for under 2Gs just a couple winters ago. All the usual wear points showed low miles and I had it refinished at Ford's in Florida. They do beautiful work.
CCHM3.jpg
CCHM5.jpg

To the OP -- you've done it now! You've contracted a terminal disease and you'll be looking for P7s to buy for the rest of your life. Also, if you show me a pic of the other side of the slide I can tell you more about it.

Last edited:
I wish I’d been old enough to get in on the P7’s golden days. Much as I lust after one, I just can’t justify $1800-2000 for a pistol (same goes for Wilsons, custom BHPs, etc.). The best I’ve been able to do is a Beretta Elite II that’s been a grail gun for me for years. Had others (Elite, 92FS Compact Type M) that had to be sold years back. I’ll never stop wanting a P7, haha. I just don’t see myself having one any time soon, so I’ll live vicariously through you lucky SOBs!

Just a side note. Most small children place the pistols, revolvers etc on the ground and lean over on them with their weight while their little paws are all over the trigger playing with it, which is why 12 lbs of force can easily be generated or small hands can discharge the firearm right into them.

Just a side note. Most small children place the pistols, revolvers etc on the ground and lean over on them with their weight while their little paws are all over the trigger playing with it, which is why 12 lbs of force can easily be generated or small hands can discharge the firearm right into them.

So you’re saying that a kid is going to keep the pistol stood up on the back strap and step or kneel on the cocking mechanism or something like that?

I guess that’s theoretically possible but so is monkeys typing Shakespeare.

I’m not saying it’s a substitute for responsible handling and storage or education from an early age, but humans fuck up and a small child is many times more likely to discharge a glock etc than a P7.

My local shop often has these.

Now I will have to give them a look.

My comment regarding children discharging firearms was not at all directed at the P7, that's why it wasn't mentioned in the comment.
However the public at large often don't understand how a small child can perform the act since the trigger pulls can be heavy as well as their hands too small to establish a normal shooting grip to pull the trigger. Forensically it has been well established that is how little kids persevere to often do it all by themselves. That is all.

it's the only pistol my better half will shoot....she loves it.

if you ever have a chance, have Mr. Bruce Gray further optimize the pistol. It's unbelievable what that man does.

he used to make a long slide version that was to die for. one day

To answer your question -- and of course this is just my opinion -- but yes, they are that great of a pistol. The bore axis is very low, the piston-retarded gas system keeps the action from moving until the round is gone, and the barrel is fixed. P7s are the most accurate pistols I own. They are also sexy as hell with wood grips, as a bonus.

The single biggest reason I carry one is that until you squeeze the cocking device, the pistol is completely inert. The striker is not armed. You can pull the trigger all you like -- no bang. To activate the cocking mechanism takes about 12lbs of force -- more than a child can muster even with two hands. This added measure of safety in a house with kids, not to mention just being carried in a holster, is worth a premium to me. BTW, to hold the cocking lever after it is squeezed takes only a pound of pressure. You can relax your grip to the point of almost dropping the pistol before it is deactivated.

Detractors will point at the all steel design, but I and many other see this as a good thing. The piston system requires cleaning, perhaps more so than modern polymer striker fired designs, but I really don't mind fondling my favorite pistols after a session. The biggest real problem is the heat generated by the piston. These aren't pistols that you take to the range and put a few hundred rounds through without a break every couple mags or so. I have two M13s that I bought used and refurbished/refinished that I use at the range or in comps.

In all I have four M8s and four M13s. Two of the M8 have been refinished and rotate as my carry pistols. Two are unfired, NIB and waiting for my sons to reach carry age. Two of the M13s are beaters and one is pretty minty. I was fortunate enough to pick up a PD trade-in M13 for under 2Gs just a couple winters ago. All the usual wear points showed low miles and I had it refinished at Ford's in Florida. They do beautiful work.
View attachment 7246243View attachment 7246245

To the OP -- you've done it now! You've contracted a terminal disease and you'll be looking for P7s to buy for the rest of your life. Also, if you show me a pic of the other side of the slide I can tell you more about it.
Here’s the other side

69E10BA4-0E74-472F-88C4-3D568BCBB568.jpeg

I think your P7 is commercial, not a PD trade in. Yours has a date code IB which means it was made in 1982. PD trades aren’t date coded typically, they have a numeric mm/yy date. They also have unit insignias or the area where the insignia was has a mark where it has been milled off. The pictograms of the eagle and antler that appear on the slide with the sn, date codes and import markings are the proof marks of Germany and Ulm (a specific proof house in Germany), respectively.

You can read more here if you’re interested:

Reactions: DXT_Shooter
I think your P7 is commercial, not a PD trade in. Yours has a date code IB which means it was made in 1982. PD trades aren’t date coded typically, they have a numeric mm/yy date. They also have unit insignias or the area where the insignia was has a mark where it has been milled off. The pictograms of the eagle and antler that appear on the slide with the sn, date codes and import markings are the proof marks of Germany and Ulm (a specific proof house in Germany), respectively.

You can read more here if you’re interested:
Thanks for the info and link.

I still kick myself for not buying the P7-M13 that the shooting team issued to me when I had the chance. When the team closed the sponsor (HK) offered all members the opportunity to buy the weapons that they had been issued at used gun prices. The only one I bought was the Benelli M1-Super 90. I just didn't have the cash to buy the HK-91, P7-M13, and HK-94. The HK91 was the second one I was issued as I shot the hell out of the first one and wore it out so the second one only had about 500 rounds through it...the HK-94 probably had about the same through it. A buddy of mine bought the P7-M13 and he isn't selling it. He got it with 4 extra magazines too! I probably put close to 15-20,000 rounds through the pistol.

I'm still looking for a p7m13...theyre ridiculously hard to come by and when you do, theyre generally in the 3k range...

Great guns. I had a PSP and sold it like an idiot. Only thing I didn’t like was the frame is a heat sink for the gas system. After 3-4 mags the upper frame is nearly as hot as a suppressor. Later models had a thermoplastic heat shield above the trigger finger.
I did redeem my remorse partly when I got a mid 70’s threaded P9S.

Reactions: Pugster
Recently saw this, they had a P7M13 with it for $3800. Was used, so that, the cost difference....
1590867641856.jpeg

Last edited:
Kicking myself for not picking up a p7 15 years ago when they were all over the gun show tables. But at least my usp’s have appreciated in price since that time. I think they retail for almost $500 more than I paid back then.

Great guns. I had a PSP and sold it like an idiot. Only thing I didn’t like was the frame is a heat sink for the gas system. After 3-4 mags the upper frame is nearly as hot as a suppressor. Later models had a thermoplastic heat shield above the trigger finger.
I did redeem my remorse partly when I got a mid 70’s threaded P9S.

Reading all these posts brings me down memory lane. I foolishly sold my P7M8 many years ago.

I sold the P7M8 because even the plastic heat shielding couldn’t prevent the gun from getting too hot after 4-5 mags.

Reading all these posts brings me down memory lane. I foolishly sold my P7M8 many years ago.

I sold the P7M8 because even the plastic heat shielding couldn’t prevent the gun from getting too hot after 4-5 mags.

Yup, burned my hand too. Big design flaw.

For a ccw, the heat thing is largely a non-issue. Sucks at the range no doubt, but in a realistic scenario where the pistol will likely never be fired, one mag dump’s worth of heat isn’t a deal breaker for me.