Scored at a flea market today

Suasponte

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Stopped at a local flea market today to pick up a Gadsden flag. Walking around looking at all the crap people was selling when a box on a table caught my eye. I opened the box and it had 500 Hornady 35gr Vmax's, 500 40gr vmax's, 500 55gr vmax's, New Redding 22 Hornet dies, a Lee Factory crimp die for 22 hornet, one lb of 4227, and 1k of CCI small rifle primers.

I asked the lady how much for the box and she said!!!!

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">$5.00</span></span>
grin.gif

Something went right today! However, when I got home the Hot water heater had shit to bed and the basement was flooded. $450 later and a sore back from humping the old one out and the new one in I wonder if it was pay back for the $5 buy!

Be loading some 22 hornets. Need to dust off the old model 40 and put a few down range!

Terry

Topstrap

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2009
East side of Ohio
Re: Scored at a flea market today

Ain't payback wonderful?

Great find ya got today, sometimes the planets align and ya win big but look out cause a disaster is usually just around the corner to even things up.

Topstrap

HOGGHEAD

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
Rivesville, WV

You should have given her a $20 bill, and said thank you. then your hot water heater would have not been broken when you got home!! Won't you guys ever learn??
grin.gif
grin.gif
Tom.

LWILLIAMS

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2006
Gillette, Wyoming

Is it just me or is it funny when they call it a "hot water heater" If the water was hot why heat it. I just run a water heater.

LegioX

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2009
Alaska

Mine is a cold water heater. Our ground water is damn near freezing!

jasonk

Very Snipery
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2007
Vancouver, Washington

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flashhole</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you get your Gadsden flag?</div></div>

We'd like pics of the flag
smile.gif

desertHK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2008
AZ

It still was a good price for the reloading components.

Suasponte

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flashhole</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you get your Gadsden flag?</div></div>

We'd like pics of the flag
smile.gif
</div></div>

DSC00890.jpg

Some of the spoils of flea market shopping!

DSC00891.jpg

I already dipped into the 35gr and 40gr stash!

DSC00892.jpg

Terry

Sean the Nailer

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Mb.

Look at it the other way around.... Your water heater was already "blowing" when you arrived at the swap-meet. Someone was watching out for ya, and blessed you with a deal.

Things work out in the end.

Clark

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jul 4, 2003
    WA the everblue state

The hot water heater leaked a little in my house.
    The insurance paid $30k.

I know another guy who had all the sheet rock replaced in the whole house, even the upstairs, after the hot water heater leaked. He got a lawyer to get the most out of the insurance. That was > $100k.

Call the insurance right away.
    If it is like my situation, they send over a half dozen guys in uniforms with de-humidifying equipment that will use all the 220 Volt power you have.

Lots of guys will be sent.
    The floor replacement guy was a hunter.
    The trim replacement guy's supervisor [program manager] has a license to build suppressors.

The anode, in the hot water heater, is sacrificed at a steady rate.
    You either replace the anode or the whole heater.

I now have a collector and electric monitors.
    No one ever falls for the leaky water heater twice, but the same house will get it twice, when under new management.

vman

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Nov 23, 2009
    Australia
    www.google.com

Far out thats an aweeeesome find

Sorry to hear about the other not so good news, but for $5 I would say your day worked out about even
    smile.gif