• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scotch Drinkers

Had a few of the Laphroaig 10. Not a fan. Very smoky. I added ice and let it thin out a bit but no joy. Finished one and had another just to see if my pallet would warm up to it but it did not.
if your local to the DF-Dub hit me up and the bottle is yours.

Reactions: RLinNH
Had a few of the Laphroaig 10. Not a fan. Very smoky. I added ice and let it thin out a bit but no joy. Finished one and had another just to see if my pallet would warm up to it but it did not.
if your local to the DF-Dub hit me up and the bottle is yours.
A pat on the back for even trying it. Most people merely nose the rim of an Islay Single Malt and they push the dram aside. Now you know that's TOO MUCH peat for ya.
For me, Islay's are my favorite. The flavor profile grew on me after a period of time. To each his own. Still 3 other regions of single malt for you to explore. Enjoy!(y)

if you like the Glenlivet 12, you’ll like Macallan. My favorite so far was a Macallan Cask Strength that I cant find. I also like the Balvenie Portwood. Some of the cheaper Balvenies aren’t near as good But the Macallans are all good 12-25.

Reactions: texastonk
🤩
IMG_3035.jpeg

Am wanting to start trying the different distilleries from the Clan Lands. Does anyone have a good link? The ones that my Google-fu found have been seriously lacking. Clan Leslie

Aberlour 16 hasn't been mentioned yet but is my current favorite.
I also really like the Aberlour 16. They jacked the price of it around here from $86 to $129 over the last two years. At $86 I was buying, but it's not a $129 bottle in my opinion.

What are you paying for a bottle?

Alright gents, this may be if help. The paper is one of two that used scotch whiskey data to demonstrate the efficacy of biostatistical methods. The classification should help you identify scotch with similar flavor profiles. But if stats are not your thing, just skip to page 242 for the dendrogram and the Appendix.

Merry Christmas

I also really like the Aberlour 16. They jacked the price of it around here from $86 to $129 over the last two years. At $86 I was buying, but it's not a $129 bottle in my opinion.

What are you paying for a bottle?
I bought a bottle for $99... but I've also seen it for as high as $155 here in MN.

Reactions: bkglock
My niece gave me a bottle of French single malt. Wtf was she thinking

My "EDD" is not scotch, but Crown Black. My "go-to" for a good Scotch whiskey is Macallan 12 or Glenmorangie 10. My favorite is Balvenie Doublewood 12. Currently the cupboard has Macallan 12 & 15, Glenfiddich 12 & 15, Laphroaig 10 and Blue Label.
1000007886.jpg

By the way, if you make bourbon balls with JW Blue Label, think of the name you get to call them!
1000007870.jpg