• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scout Shooting Supply questions

Redman797

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ These ads.......

First off, I AM POSTING THIS FOR A FRIEND WHO DOES NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT HERE.

The questions is:

1. Is the service good, bad, or middle of the road?
2. Is he good at communicating?
3. Has anyone shot his rifles and found accuracy issues?
4. Is his service worth the money?
5. Is Scout Shooting Supply a one man (Russell) operation?
6. Are his quotes for prices and lead times accurate?

My friend and I are both aware of other outfits, but more interested in just answers pertaining to the 6 questions above.

Thanks!

I have never had scout supply build me a rifle, but i have only heard nothing but good things from people who have.

SSC has a good reputation here, and it seems a loyal following which speaks to many of your points. I am sure SSC fans will speak up. Along with this, and maybe a little old school, but I think a phone call and a first impression go a long way.

I had Russell rebarrel and work over my old beat up 700pss into a 16.5" 6.5x47mm Lapua.

as for your questions,

1-service is great even emailed after I took receipt of the rifle to make sure I was happy with the build
2-kept me well informed via both email and Several phone calls
3-my rifle has been sub 1/2moa with multiple hand loads and factory Lapua ammunition
4-I consider my money very well spent
5-as far as I know Russell is still the only one running the shop
6-all quoted prices of my build was quoted exactly and lead time was only 1 week longer than expected due to ordering a custom reamer