• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scrap brass price!!! (WOW!!!)

Suasponte

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I had four 5 gallon buckets filled with scrap brass I took to the scrap yard today at lunch. Each bucket was right at 40lbs each. The last trip I made it was going at $1.35/lb. Well today it got a whopping $1.75/lb. I just about shit when she handed me the slip and $350.00. Looks like a new GSG-5 for the little boy all thanks to digging brass out of the cans at the club and picking up brass after the pistol shoots.

Shit, I got a bunch of pistol brass bagged up to sell! At $1.75/lb I just might take it to the scrap yard and not be bothered with Shipping the shit!

The $350 was including other scrap I had too! The brass total was $280.

Terry

Re: Scrap brass price!!! (WOW!!!)

I have kept a scrap bucket for a while. It is only about half full, so hopefully the price will go up while I continue to fill it. I think I will start sweeping up the thousands of 22 empties when I go to the range from now on.

Not bad....almost makes me think that I'm not wasting my time keeping all the culls together when I'm sorting to reload.

Copper was $3.57/lb! Ain't no damn wonder that all the house sitting empty end up have the copper pipe and wire stole out of them. Last week some guy down the road that had copper roofing on his house got removed and sold for scrap.

Lead was $.30/lb.

I got $2.12 a lbs two weeks ago, called back today and it is up to $2.29 for brass, I got a few extra buckets of 9mm and 223 I don't need that can be recycled.

they'll take .22s won't they ? do your guys complain about the primers ? I have all manner of spent primers in a cup and didn't know what to do with them.

Can't get the re-cycling place down here in Central Arkansas to touch scrap rifle brass/22rimfire cases. Got one of those 45gallon trash cans(plastic thing w/wheels) about 7/8th full...no telling what it weighs.

Good for you on that big payday!!!!

Scott

I have 2 big buckets that I use for recycling my brass, and have been holding onto it since the last metals drop. Sounds like its time to go sell it. My recycler gives me a premium price for recycling only de-capped and tumbled brass.

JeffVN

Remember ... the fired primers you punch out are brass as well.

If you sort out all the steel, al, paper ect you will get top price.

Brass has been classified as ordinace and it can not be shipped to China any longer that is why some scrap yards will not give top price.

I just took some brass to scrap dealer before Christmas and got $1.90 per pound and the market has gone up since then.

Check with 3 or 4 different dealers and make sure you take them a sample before you drag all your brass around as they will surely cry and lower there quote.

I had 1800 lbs and I used it to purchase a new REPR.

I may need to make a trip to the scrap yard too, I have 2 buckets full of brass. One full of assorted range pickups and worn out reloads. The other of french and SA BMG brass. Should help with the Giraud fund.

Thats good news...and bad news. It means we're gonna pay more for the new stuff next time....ouch!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember ... the fired primers you punch out are brass as well. </div></div>

Bingo!! I even toss the shavings of the case trimmer into the bucket!

Terry

As an electrician,I save scrap copper and brass.About twice a year it makes for a really good gun show. Pete