• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

See, they cut it off

It also took them 3 years to mail me that warning letter so I'm guessing they were not to worried about my violation..
Dang...laughing at myself...I didn't notice the date of the incident in the letter.

Sheeeeit...why we even talking about ancient history! haha

Good luck, friend.

Cheers

Reactions: RanchhandTCR
So they cut the lock off but sent your case/luggage on with a weapon, unlocked? How security minded of them.
TSA Bob Hope Airport in Burbank did the same thing to me, cut a lock from a bag containing secured firearms, no notification.

Raleigh NC was ridiculous as well.

TSA is surely the Trans Sexual Agency, cause they’re fake AND gay.
5E576DAB-CCE8-43C3-9DE8-C0CEEC44A404.jpeg

I hate to hear they are cutting locks off gun cases. It is one of the reasons I fly armed for work travel. Carry on has a bloody SBR in it on some trips…. They don’t even touch my stuff. Then when I fly for personal travel, all the head aches begin… I hope they don’t start cutting my crap off.

I flew into Houston this weekend from Europe and CBP freaked out that my ammo and rifle were packed together. Didn’t care what the TSA website or airline website said. Called all his buddies over to show them he caught an int’l terrorist 😀😀😀. He was so stressed about it that he completely forgot to ask for the 6NIA ATF Import Permit 😝😝😝.

What if you leave a padlock inside your case, unlocked, with a note that says, "if you cut my lock and are in here, please use this padlock to lock my case back up. Thank you".

Then carry the key in your carry on bag. Just an idea.

Makes me want to fly everywhere with a locked gun case full of cut off padlocks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Aftermath
If you want to know the incompetence of the TSA just read this letter.. I made a Bobo on a trip and had 3 loaded glock mags in a pouch. The TSA guy was cool the plane cop not so much, any how I walked my happy ass back to my truck to put them away. View attachment 8064271
I had a box of .380 in my briefcase, no mags, and the TSA actually hit the panic button. A local cop came barreling into the terminal with his weapon drawn. He ran up and when they told him what it was he got really pissed (not at me). He wrote my name down on his little pad, and told me I had committed no crime. I asked him if he could take the box of ammo so I didn’t have to go through security again and wouldn’t miss my flight. ”Sure, I’ve got several .380s”. The cop was cool, the TSA were total jackasses who did not know their job or procedures. The supervisor said if there were less than seven rounds they would have just confiscated them. Ridiculous.

What is a TSA lock if I may ask?

Add to add to the fuckery:
Once accidently traveled with 6 rounds of 44 mag to and from DFW to MSN. I had unloaded my handgun, but the rounds were sitting loose in my travel bag.

I discovered them when I got back home.

What is a TSA lock if I may ask?

Add to add to the fuckery:
Once accidently traveled with 6 rounds of 44 mag to and from DFW to MSN. I had unloaded my handgun, but the rounds were sitting loose in my travel bag.

I discovered them when I got back home.
That is a special 'branded' lock that THEY have a 'pass key' to. Which makes the whole thing sorta-reduntant then, eh?

The TSA does two things, Jack and Shit. They do nothing to make anything "safer" not one single thing. They will say the do and you will see "news" stories on all the box cutters and knitting needles they have taken.

There are so many holes in the system, the food service companies, how hard would it be to put something in a can of coke, not very.

1675355388682.png

Had to fly to TX for a day trip to help a friend move some stuff,

I carried an empty pelican and filled it with 70LBS of stuff plus had a firearm in it,

checked it in normal; they even took my number to call me if TSA needed to get in it, no call, no word, got the case in Denver with the lock cut

View attachment 8064081
This is why I normally carry TSA locks, but in this case, I just grabbed the first set of locks on the shelf

They will cut your stuff and send it on its way, and they gave me my cut lock back.
They sent it onward, with a gun in it and no lock??? WTF
If you want to know the incompetence of the TSA just read this letter.. I made a Bobo on a trip and had 3 loaded glock mags in a pouch. The TSA guy was cool the plane cop not so much, any how I walked my happy ass back to my truck to put them away. View attachment 8064271
I'm not fan of the smurfs but I'm not seeing evidence of incompetence here other than yours. You went through screening with three loaded mags, got caught, AND they let you off with a warning instead of a civil assessment fine and you're still bitching?
Do you know where every single loaded mag you have is?

I sure as hell don't. They're somewhere between my truck, other truck, other truck, garage, backpacks for various activities, camper, etc.

I buy lots of mags. Keep a few spares anywhere I'll need them for several different guns.

Not hard to forget you dropped a few in a bag and then grab it months later and not notice them.

Then again half the time I have to look 3 places for a particular pistol as I tend to stash them in my trucks and camper and leave them for months.

If you can't tell, crime isn't really a thing here. I may devote much more attention if I lived in a urban setting.
Now you're just trying to excuse your own laziness. I don't know where all my mags are, never brought one to the airport because I CHECKED the fuckin bag I was going to fly with before I left.

You're the guy that makes the rest of us look like assholes. They cut you a break and instead of owning it and saying "yeah that was dumb" you're on here like it somehow wasn't your fault LOL

Reactions: Pbgt
I thought at one time that TSA was no longer recommending "TSA Locks" on firearms as it seems that keys to these suckers are out there in the wild and actually facilitate baggage handler asshole stealing your gun. I can't find that now.

For those that are not familiar with them, the TSA locks are combo locks (and you set the combo and keep that private) but it also keyed and TSA has a universal key that opens them. Now, we can't seem to keep actual classified material secured in this country, do you really think this key hasn't fallen into the wrong hands. Same fucking key for every lock over all the years that they have been doing this shit.

So...I'm thinking that using a TSA lock is better than it going thru the system with the locks cut off (fucking idiots) but TSA locks are not all that secure to my mind and this was a total fuck up by TSA (oh, what a shock).

TSA locks are the best way to go you just have to special order the heavy-duty ones

When I carry the more available commercial ones, you bring spares because they break all the time

No doubt about that. The scams online have too. I just had to up my security for our freaking company email due to the fishing scams and criminals trying to break in. Incompetence at the top is massively evident in all aspects of our lives.
There is a new AI Scam app out now....... Don't even need a real person to be a scammer.... Like the burger joints with robot cooks. Soon, a human will not be needed.

I thought at one time that TSA was no longer recommending "TSA Locks" on firearms as it seems that keys to these suckers are out there in the wild and actually facilitate baggage handler asshole stealing your gun. I can't find that now.

For those that are not familiar with them, the TSA locks are combo locks (and you set the combo and keep that private) but it also keyed and TSA has a universal key that opens them. Now, we can't seem to keep actual classified material secured in this country, do you really think this key hasn't fallen into the wrong hands. Same fucking key for every lock over all the years that they have been doing this shit.

So...I'm thinking that using a TSA lock is better than it going thru the system with the locks cut off (fucking idiots) but TSA locks are not all that secure to my mind and this was a total fuck up by TSA (oh, what a shock).

Yeah, they're not hard to open.

Reactions: Baron23
They're not hard to pick either, so fuckin what?

You want your shit to get there or not?

The worst thing about this is that every airport is completely different on their gun check procedures.

PDX, PHX - super chill
DEN - goat rodeo

As far as I can tell everything was there,

Lot's stuff stacked in there hard to say, but the main part, is they never contacted me and gate agent specifically asked me to include my cell number for them to "call me" which never happened
Same happened to me. Can’t say I was surprised. I don’t like to cause waves with TSA. Trying to stay off their shit list.

Reactions: Lowlight
I have no clue what airport in Denver you used, but we have a separate room in Denver and it's ZERO DRAMA

they move you in and out, the only Goat Rodeo is the construction, the airport is getting an entire redo, and you have to walk in circles at times because they block the straight shot to the room. But process-wise it's the easiest really

PHX called me back from the gate, Nashville brought me down at the gate to open it, most CA sucks you have to wait

I wish there were a lock that they would not be able to beat.
If they can't cut the locks they will just cut or smash open your bag, wrap it up in tape and say tough.

Also happens when a razor knife is handier than a pair of bolt cutters & they feel lazy.

Dang...laughing at myself...I didn't notice the date of the incident in the letter.

Sheeeeit...why we even talking about ancient history! haha

Good luck, friend.

Cheers
I should've hinted at the date in the original post.
They sent it onward, with a gun in it and no lock??? WTF

I'm not fan of the smurfs but I'm not seeing evidence of incompetence here other than yours. You went through screening with three loaded mags, got caught, AND they let you off with a warning instead of a civil assessment fine and you're still bitching?

Now you're just trying to excuse your own laziness. I don't know where all my mags are, never brought one to the airport because I CHECKED the fuckin bag I was going to fly with before I left.

You're the guy that makes the rest of us look like assholes. They cut you a break and instead of owning it and saying "yeah that was dumb" you're on here like it somehow wasn't your fault LOL
Oh I surely fucked up and I admit that. But look at tge date of incident and the date they mailed it almost 3 years

Reactions: Baron23
I should've hinted at the date in the original post.

Oh I surely fucked up and I admit that. But look at tge date of incident and the date they mailed it almost 3 years
Gotcha, to be clear... Again... I don't work for those clowns and I'm not defending them. Unfortunately, I do get more occasion to deal with them than I'd like.

Very few are squared away, it's super high turnover because even they hate their jobs. I'm not super surprised at the timing you'd be shocked how often stuff like the oops you describe happens. It's multiple times daily, every day, day after day, week after week, etc at every airport in the US.

And those nerds generate reports that trigger a warning or a fine on ALL of them 🤡

I have no clue what airport in Denver you used, but we have a separate room in Denver and it's ZERO DRAMA

they move you in and out, the only Goat Rodeo is the construction, the airport is getting an entire redo, and you have to walk in circles at times because they block the straight shot to the room. But process-wise it's the easiest really

PHX called me back from the gate, Nashville brought me down at the gate to open it, most CA sucks you have to wait

Anchorage is really easy.
And nobody freaks out.

Have had more than 1 check in person at DIA have a reaction to me saying I have a gun to check.

But yeah, its not bad here.
Most of the time I drive.

Reactions: lash

Yeah, they're not hard to open.

Neither was that Brinks clone they cut off. (and I don't mean with the bolt cutters) lol

If you want to know the incompetence of the TSA just read this letter.. I made a Bobo on a trip and had 3 loaded glock mags in a pouch. The TSA guy was cool the plane cop not so much, any how I walked my happy ass back to my truck to put them away.

clarification- yes I was grossly incompetent as well however look at the incident date and the date it was mailed. Almost 3 years to notify me of my violation. View attachment 8064271
So what gun do you have that shoots .035" bullets (0.9mm)? How did they even find those 34 rounds? Muzzle velocity on those must be pretty good.

I thought at one time that TSA was no longer recommending "TSA Locks" on firearms as it seems that keys to these suckers are out there in the wild and actually facilitate baggage handler asshole stealing your gun.

That was my recollection as well. It's been a few years (pre-COVID) since I flew with firearms, but that was very much standard procedure... most places.

The worst thing about this is that every airport is completely different on their gun check procedures.

^ this

Drove me nucking futs how one airport would do things relatively sanely (Phoenix, with a cordoned off area for inspection and you *had* to be present) and another (Raleigh) would do bat$hit crazy stuff like ask you to give your keys to the ticket counter person... I said "No", and politely but firmly and referenced the applicable airline and federal policies at the time. They grudgingly took me back to watch a guy run it through a giant scanner, never needed to open it. Waste of time.

When I mentioned that it was interesting how different procedures were at different airports, they told me in quite the condescending manner that the procedures were the same everywhere. My response was "Really? How many airports around the country have *you* flown into or out of with firearms? I'm guessing I've got ya beat by a fair few."

Dumb fucks 🤬

Last edited:
TSA has also been busted running drug rings, directing drug runners to their security gates where they let them through.
Also, several theft rings, where they were stealing laptops and shit from travelers luggage and selling it.

Lastly, watch out driving in OK with any cash. Apparently they are well know to steal your money when traveling under "civil forfeiture" laws.

Lastly, watch out driving in OK with any cash. Apparently they are well know to steal your money when traveling under "civil forfeiture" laws.

Last I heard the Bandits with Badges in OK were getting so greedy and evil that they were getting credit card readers so they could go through your wallet and try to drain all your credit cards ATM cards debit cards and gift cards because "war on drugs."

I'm not going to go further in saying what I think should happen to filth like that and the departments that push it and the politicians that demand it and the people that allow that to be done in their name...