• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seeking clarification on buy sell trade posts

Trent A

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Just read the welcome message with the site rules, of course after I had already made a post in the buy sell trade as a potential buyer. Is anyone able to tell me if I am allowed to post in the PX as a buyer, I just can't as a seller? Or am I not supposed to as a buyer either? Is PX and 'buy sell trade' even the same thing like I'm thinking it is? Are you allowed to direct message sellers to potentially buy an item? Just signed up today with a free account and will gladly remove anything in violation of the rules, just having a little trouble understanding what I can and can't do on PX/buy sell trade. Thank you in advance to anyone who can clarify this for me, and I apologize if I seem a bit dense in not understanding the ins and outs of the introduction message rules. Excited to be here, and trying to avoid getting booted the same day I finally make an account instead of just reading, lol.

Correct. You can buy with out the supporter upgrade. You cannot sell without the supporter upgrade.

Reactions: Trent A
    Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate it! Glad to hear it, sounds like I’m ok then. I was afraid I was going to get signed up and booted all in one day, lol.
    Let's be clear...you are NOT allowed to create any post whatsoever in the PX without having Supporter status. This is sell, buy, or trade posts.

What you can do is respond to a PX post that another member with Supporter status has created....respond to buy, sell, or trade for the advertised item.

Cool?

Let's be clear...you are NOT allowed to create any post whatsoever in the PX without having Supporter status. This is sell, buy, or trade posts.

What you can do is respond to a PX post that another member with Supporter status has created....respond to buy, sell, or trade for the advertised item.

Cool?
    Thank you, that makes it clearer. Black and white, no grey, I like it! I truly appreciate it so I don’t miss interpret what was said down the line.

Reactions: Baron23
    Out of interest for the future, if I wanted to post a for sale item, can I subscribe for a month while I have the post up, and then unsubscribe the following month after the item has been sold? Or is it a one and done, once your account is a paid account you can’t go back? Just wondering since I would rarely, if ever, find myself wanting to post an item for sale.

One other question. Is there a way to subscribe to get a email/notification every time a post is made to the buy sell trade forum?

Thanks in advance!

Out of interest for the future, if I wanted to post a for sale item, can I subscribe for a month while I have the post up, and then unsubscribe the following month after the item has been sold? Or is it a one and done, once your account is a paid account you can’t go back? Just wondering since I would rarely, if ever, find myself wanting to post an item for sale.

One other question. Is there a way to subscribe to get a email/notification every time a post is made to the buy sell trade forum?

Thanks in advance!
    Yes to the first

No to the second (I think)

Thanks in advance!
    Yes

Wait... just to clarify on the first question... is it yes to being able to become a paid member, sell an item, and then unsubscribe the following month? Or is it yes to once you become a paid member it is a one and done deal? Realizing I probably worded the question poorly.

Wait... just to clarify on the first question... is it yes to being able to become a paid member, sell an item, and then unsubscribe the following month? Or is it yes to once you become a paid member it is a one and done deal? Realizing I probably worded the question poorly.
    Yes you can buy for a month. Sell your stuff. Than cancel whenever

Thanks in advance!
    as said by @hafejd30, yes...you can join Supporter for whatever period you want and then cancel. So, if just for a month to sell something then cancel...yes. Just for six months to sell whatever then cancel...yes. Ad nauseum.

As for following a subforum and getting email notifications...I do not believe so.

You can follow an individual thread....hit the WATCH button at the top right corner of any page of the thread and you can choose to receive email notifications or not.

You can also follow a member and get notifications, hold your cursor over the members name in a post and you will see a pop up window and at the bottom left is "Follow".

Cheers

You can get an email notification to the PX. Just click "watch" the forum. I do, and get an alert for each new PX thread, but not each post.

I did find that, thank you! Might have to turn it back off… there are a lot more posts coming across than I had anticipated!
    I amended my post to be more accurate. I watch the new threads, so I get the jump on something I may want. Think long, think wrong, on the Hide PX.