• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Seekins DMB, two fold question

Advokaten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2007
Malmö, Stockholm, Sweden, Europe
Hi all,

I have about one statement and one and a half question,

1. Seekins have made two sorts, generations of detachable magsin bottoms right?

One older style for a seekin magasine and a new style for AI/AW magsines.

Yes I know I am a bit confused about this so please set me straight, the seenkins webpage gave me little comfort or info.

2. What COL can be used in the old vs new version, and even better if there only is one version,

then what COL is it possible to fit in there, to clarify, I am talking about the mag bottom intended for a short action, Rem or clones there off.

Please do advice.

Best regards Chris

Re: Seekins DMB, two fold question

If you run Seekins AICS DBM in a Rem 700 and use the type 2 Alpha Mags you can 2.985, helps to modify the feedramp though.

the footprints of the AICS bottom metal is slightly larger so a stock inleted for the Seekins 308 or 223 mags would need to be opened slightly we have some AICS units on the way but have every other mag system he makes in stock including the WSM units. now the WSM units are over 3" long and require the action to be modified on a Rem to allow the bolt to come back far emough they are the mag of choice when we build sporters in WSM's Rem SAUM's or 284 Wins. As mentioned the Alpha mags with their longer OAL work but you have to scoloup the feed ramp to allow the projectiles to lift up and feed. the AICS allows for 10 shots as apposed to Glens 5 shot units so the thing it realy comes down to is what capacity you require on your rifle you can now get AICS type mags in 10 shot for WSM's aswell but we realy like the 3 and 5 shot units of Glens for hunting rifles as they dont hang up. So there are actualy 3 diferent Seekins systems using his mags for a short action and another that takes any AICS type mags including the AW mags. So if you wanted to make the rifle the best it can be look at modifying the action and feed ramps to allow you to use AW 10 shot mags as they are a lot shorter than the AICS type 10 shotters and being double stack you can actualy add rounds to the mag while it is in the rifle when done correctly and they are easier to load and unload and that is why most military forces use double stack mags.

Bill- thank you for a complete answer, I am so thankfull for all the suppord and advice that is awailable in here.

I´ll start with the 5 rounder that is included and work my way from there.

As to having the action machined and the feed ramp adjusted, I think that I will have to check and see if I can find a smith to do that for me here.

Best regards Chris