• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    18156160_1316398661776296_8212717886404549760_o.jpg?oh=eef98dadd9836ea6960c4ac809c2e7bd&oe=597...jpg

Very cool
    Why would I want a 4 lug 90 degree bolt? What is the advantage?

if i recall, its essentially two rows of two lugs, so it functions as a normal two lug. If they hadnt done two short lugs, one large lug would foul on the feed lips of an aics magazine. You may have overlooked it, but the lugs are 90 deg off from a remington, so when you open the bolt, the lugs point to 12 and 6 oclock.

Reactions: McCrazy
    Glen and his team continue to come out with some truly impressive products. I'm just glad I have until August to come up with the money. I thought I had settled on a Mausingfield...maybe not.

Price point is excellent, the parts alone for a similar build i'm putting together for my dad are already 300$ above it with an X-Mark pro, and it hasn't even been built yet.

I emailed them about a week ago with some of the questions people have been asking and here's the reply:

"Thank you for your interest in our new rifle. I believe I have your questions answered below.

1. We use the same barrel (Rock Creek) blanks we use in our gas rifles. We do all the machining in house.
    2. The other short action calibers should be available before the end of the year.
    3. I believe the mags are AICS - AW style
    4. No accuracy guarantee do to all the factors that can affect it. However it does have our lifetime warranty and should you have any issues we will gladly work through them with you.

I appreciate your time and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Garrett
    Customer Service
    Seekins Precision, LLC
    159 American Way
    Lewiston, Idaho 83501"

The only thing that concerns me a bit is their lack of any sort of accuracy guarantee. For $2.2k I would think they could at least give a "Sub MOA guarantee with match ammo" or provide a target shot with each rifle and provide the name of the ammo used. These may be inexpensive as compared to a top of the line full blown custom but they're by no means a inexpensive rifle. What if you buy one and get it home and it just won't shoot - with multiple match ammo and handloads? It probably won't happen but what IF it did? They have a 100% "out" without any sort of accuracy guarantee. What are you going to do....sell a turd to an unsuspecting buyer?

Last edited:
    Anyone know anything more on the new 6.5 PRC cartridge? This is another rifle that is stating they will be chambering it in.

I handled them at the NRA show. The rifle on the Game Warden stock is light and handles well. They are planning to eventually offer their own magazines in addition to its ability to use standard AICS mags. The bolt handle as set up is very short and small, which I like but others may prefer a larger bolt handle. The bolt is threaded and will accept other handles. They plan on offering some bolt handle options too.

Can anyone comment on how this action could be better or comparable to a Defiance or other manufacturer?

I am still wondering about the ejection mechanism...is it a plunger style or mechanical ejector?

Anyone know anything more on the new 6.5 PRC cartridge? This is another rifle that is stating they will be chambering it in.

The 6.5PRC is another Hornady brainchild. Not much out on it, but I think it's *barely* short action compatible (2.96" COAL) with a magnum bolt face (.532"). Big brother to the 6.5 Creedmoor. Supposed to push 140gr ELD's to 3000fps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    As you can see by the picture, it is not a heavy barrel by any means. From briefly stopping at their booth and hefting the rifle, I would say it is no heavier than Medium Palma and possibly less. This struck me as a good option for a LR hunting rifle from the heft, feel and ease to my eye.

As you can see by the picture, it is not a heavy barrel by any means. From briefly stopping at their booth and hefting the rifle, I would say it is no heavier than Medium Palma and possibly less. This struck me as a good option for a LR hunting rifle from the heft, feel and ease to my eye.

Got an email back from seekins saying it's proprietary but close to a #4. Was hoping it was more like a rem varmint.

I emailed them about a week ago with some of the questions people have been asking and here's the reply:

"Thank you for your interest in our new rifle. I believe I have your questions answered below.

1. We use the same barrel (Rock Creek) blanks we use in our gas rifles. We do all the machining in house.
    2. The other short action calibers should be available before the end of the year.
    3. I believe the mags are AICS - AW style
    4. No accuracy guarantee do to all the factors that can affect it. However it does have our lifetime warranty and should you have any issues we will gladly work through them with you.

I appreciate your time and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Garrett
    Customer Service
    Seekins Precision, LLC
    159 American Way
    Lewiston, Idaho 83501"

The only thing that concerns me a bit is their lack of any sort of accuracy guarantee. For $2.2k I would think they could at least give a "Sub MOA guarantee with match ammo" or provide a target shot with each rifle and provide the name of the ammo used. These may be inexpensive as compared to a top of the line full blown custom but they're by no means a inexpensive rifle. What if you buy one and get it home and it just won't shoot - with multiple match ammo and handloads? It probably won't happen but what IF it did? They have a 100% "out" without any sort of accuracy guarantee. What are you going to do....sell a turd to an unsuspecting buyer?

I wouldn't worry, they don't offer it on their gas gun either. And they are tac drivers. If it's not shooting to your excpectations and can prove it's the gun and not you or crumby ammo they bend over backwards to make it right. I want to get my hands one one!

The 6.5 PRC has been in the works for about 6 years but got side tracked when George brought out the 6.5 GAP 4-S. It is on the RCM case with about 69 grains of capacity. This makes it a 0.532" rim with a 0.532" head instead of being rebated like the SAUM cases. The design will be an added attraction to Ruger since it is part of their development with Hornady. The naysayers are already having a heyday with this design but it simply gets the juices flowing and more conversation as to the technical information and release dates.
    clear.png

Regards.

Added:

New brass is available through GA Precision for $420/500 pcs.

Tagged in. When are these gonna be available? Are they already trickling out or is there a certain release date? It'd be sweet if they offered the exact same rifle set up in a long action too... Price point is very attractive! I might have to start selling off some of my other toys now to make room for one of these.

The 6.5 PRC has been in the works for about 6 years but got side tracked when George brought out the 6.5 GAP 4-S. It is on the RCM case with about 69 grains of capacity. This makes it a 0.532" rim with a 0.532" head instead of being rebated like the SAUM cases. The design will be an added attraction to Ruger since it is part of their development with Hornady. The naysayers are already having a heyday with this design but it simply gets the juices flowing and more conversation as to the technical information and release dates.
    clear.png

Regards.

Added:

New brass is available through GA Precision for $420/500 pcs.

300 RCM re-branded...

Tagged in. When are these gonna be available? Are they already trickling out or is there a certain release date? It'd be sweet if they offered the exact same rifle set up in a long action too... Price point is very attractive! I might have to start selling off some of my other toys now to make room for one of these.

They are supposed to be available in August. I just preordered mine.

Sweet! I appreciate it Panda. Also, I just found out that they will be doing a long action version in the near future too.

If you follow them on Instagram they did they have a release party or something. They also have a tactical bersion coming too.

I'm not usually an early adopter but have always had good luck with seekins products and have looked forward to this since it was announced

I start shooting 3 gun with Glen here in about 5 hours at the Seekins Precision High Desert Classic. I'm going to see if he has one with him that I can play with. There are some long range bonus targets he could break it out on.

Reactions: Sbui
    They really need to stop putting all these dumb ass flutes on these rifles. Looks like shit and does absolutely nothing other than make the gun harder to clean.

Beauty is on the eye of the beholder. You don't like them, then don't buy them. Others will be swayed to buy simply due to the "extras" included in the price.

And contrary to your opinion, flutes on a bolt provide a place for grit and dirt to go so that the bolt can keep operating when in a dirty environment. This is especially true when dealing with some of the tighter tolerances in many custom actions, where dirt/grit has the potential to lock up the bolt if it has no place to go.

Beauty is on the eye of the beholder. You don't like them, then don't buy them. Others will be swayed to buy simply due to the "extras" included in the price.

And contrary to your opinion, flutes on a bolt provide a place for grit and dirt to go so that the bolt can keep operating when in a dirty environment. This is especially true when dealing with some of the tighter tolerances in many custom actions, where dirt/grit has the potential to lock up the bolt if it has no place to go.

Bullshit.

They provide no performance increase whatsoever. In fact, if they did, then you would see AI and Sako factory SWS with them already. Ted would have put them in the mausingfield if they made a difference. The USMC would put them on the M40's they build in house if they increased performance.

My original quote was about fluting the barrel, which does nothing but look like a bag of assholes.

Bullshit.

They provide no performance increase whatsoever. In fact, if they did, then you would see AI and Sako factory SWS with them already. Ted would have put them in the mausingfield if they made a difference. The USMC would put them on the M40's they build in house if they increased performance.

My original quote was about fluting the barrel, which does nothing but look like a bag of assholes.

I know better than to try to discuss anything with somebody who already knows everything without a doubt. So I won't.

You may have meant the fluted barrels, but did not take the time to be specific, so you get what you got.

You are a self-proclaimed gun snob, which is most certainly apparent. The typical snob is a person who has a narrow opinion and a narrow mind, coupled with a high opinion of him/herself. Seems appropriate...

I think Lash is right about Primus meaning barrels, and not bolts, but regardless of intent, it's a stupid bitch to moan on about. I'm not a fan of the fluted barrel either, but lots of guys will, and I know they're going to sell a SHITLOAD of these rifles, to lots of satisfied customers. The number of quality options shooters have to choose from, without spending AI money is the real story with all these new rifles, and IMO Seekins is making a seriously shrewd move with a turnkey rifle at this pricepoint.

Seriously, I'd like to know -- is there a benefit to a fluted barrel other than weight loss?
    I have read but don't necessarily believe that fluting may increase barrel flex.
    Same caveat, I've read fluting doesn't really help cooling because air is a lousy transfer medium and less metal means less of a heat sink.

How can they get all those features at that price point? Frank gave us a pretty advertisement but has been mum.

I'm not a huge fan of the fluted barrel either. That said, in a conversation with Glenn he said that the ability to use these deep flutes in a #4 contour was the lightest/ stiffest combination they could come up with. A #3 didn't allow for the depth of flutes, ending up in a heavier rifle than the #4, any lighter than a #3 and the balance was shit.

One thing he for sure, anything Seekins does tends to have as specific reason for being. Like it or not they do not tend to add features for the benefit of looks alone, ever...

I'll get to spend some time with a HAVAK this week, if anything stands out I'll make sure to update.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I didn't get to play with one at the match. Glen ended up heading down south for a meeting and a little hunting by the looks of it. His wife Katie was there and she hung out with us a bit (she's good friends with my girlfriend), but she didn't have one with her.

So I have nothing to report. :(