• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins NOXS Hand Guard Suppressor Clearance

Cwoods

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2013
I have purchased a Seekins NOX's builders kit with a 15" hand guard for my first custom build. I have a 14.5" Carbon Proof Barrel I plan on using. I am concerned that if I try and put a can on this configuration I may have clearance issues as the advertised I.D. for the Seekins hand guard is 1.350".

Have any of you guys used this set up with a can and if so did you have any clearance problems?

I have one of the handguards sitting loose, waiting for a barrel. None of my cans come close to fitting inside it (Ops Inc 12th, TBAC Ultra 7).
So I guess it depends on the can. I don’t know how small of an OD most modern 5.56 cans are.
Hope this helps.

That is what I was afraid of. Most 5.56 cans are 1.5' rings. I guess I will just have to mock it up and see if the QD mound protrudes from the hand guard enough to get a suppressor on it. If not I guess I will have to have it milled down a little.

Thanks for the response.