• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins or Surgeon DBM?

MuleyTime

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2008
Utah
Hi guys-

So, my question goes out to those who have used or been around both Seekins and Surgeon DBMs...

I am Getting the parts gathered for a new build and I want to go with either Seekins or Surgeon detachables. I have narrowed it down to those two, as I prefer a lower profile mag eject button.

Hopefully, some of you have experience with both and can give me some details.

Thanks!!

Re: Seekins or Surgeon DBM?

Surgeon DBM is the BEST!!!!
Fit, Finish, and Function is perfect

Seekins is a great choice if your going to build WSM and seat the bullets longer than a AICS mag allow. Good luck getting one though...

Glen Seekins is a great guy, SO I say his stuff just because he's cool like that!
grin.gif

Go with the Surgeon. As .257 said the fit and function is perfect. I love mine.

Im with chiller. I liked and went with the APA bottom metal. My rifle should be at there shop for inletting and installation on Monday. Im excited about finally getting a DBM system. All i have ever had is internal box magazines on my bolt rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait until you see the new AI mag DBM we are doing...Just got the first run off the machine. They will be available as soon as they are all ready to ship. </div></div>
ooh interesting..i may have to grab one of those.

but to the op, i know this isnt what you asked (seeing as i have no experience with either), there is the new latch from rd precision for the badger m5 that replaces the old one that sticks out. just another consideration

I've got a Surgeon and really like it. No issues at all.

My .308 rifle is having a Surgeon put on right now, and the .260 already has the KMW Sentinel bottom metal, which is basically the same. That said, you won't go wrong with either one, although I'd say wait for the Seekins that uses AI mags if you go that direction.