• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins Precision HIT Rifle #MightCancelAT-XOrder

Tritiumdials

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2020
CONUS
This looks really promising. Quick change barrel, folding stock, sweet chassis, adjustable magwell to accept AICS/AW pattern mags and we're not forced to buy red.

placeholder.jpg[

Action

• Changeable bolt head
  • M16 style extractor
  • Quick-change barrel system
  • Integrated 20MOA Picatinny rail
  • Integrated recoil lug
  • R700 trigger compatibility
  • Extended barrel thread tenon

Chassis

• Dust door
  • Toolless length of pull adjustment
  • Toolless cheek height adjustment
  • Recoil pad fully adjustable
  • Carbon fiber cheek piece
  • Bag rider
  • Adjustable height magazine latch
  • Folding stock over bolt
  • M-Loc pattern forearm
  • Enhanced magwel design for AI pattern mags
  • Barricade stop
  • AR-style vertical grip
  • Optional forward-mounted top rail
  • Optional Arca Swiss rail designed specifically for HIT chassis

Barrel

• 416 SS 24”
  • LT Tactical contour
  • 5R rifling
  • 5/8-24 muzzle thread with thread protector
  • Open-source head space tenon specifications
  • Drop-in barrels available
Calibers available

• 6MM GT
  • 6MM Creedmoor
  • 6.5MM Creedmoor
  • 6.5 PRC
  • 308 Winchester

Attachments

• sekin hit.JPG
    sekin hit.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 230
This looks really promising. Quick change barrel, folding stock, sweet chassis, adjustable magwell to accept AICS/AW pattern mags and we're not forced to buy red.

placeholder.jpg[

Action

• Changeable bolt head
  • M16 style extractor
  • Quick-change barrel system
  • Integrated 20MOA Picatinny rail
  • Integrated recoil lug
  • R700 trigger compatibility
  • Extended barrel thread tenon

Chassis

• Dust door
  • Toolless length of pull adjustment
  • Toolless cheek height adjustment
  • Recoil pad fully adjustable
  • Carbon fiber cheek piece
  • Bag rider
  • Adjustable height magazine latch
  • Folding stock over bolt
  • M-Loc pattern forearm
  • Enhanced magwel design for AI pattern mags
  • Barricade stop
  • AR-style vertical grip
  • Optional forward-mounted top rail
  • Optional Arca Swiss rail designed specifically for HIT chassis

Barrel

• 416 SS 24”
  • LT Tactical contour
  • 5R rifling
  • 5/8-24 muzzle thread with thread protector
  • Open-source head space tenon specifications
  • Drop-in barrels available
Calibers available

• 6MM GT
  • 6MM Creedmoor
  • 6.5MM Creedmoor
  • 6.5 PRC
  • 308 Winchester

I'm intrigued.... will keep an eye on this thread for some additional input.

Very interesting -- looking forward to the results of the testing of the quick-change barrel system

Got my dad an original Havak PH1. I've played with it a bit, and loved everything about it except the bolt lift was really heavy.

If they've lightened the bolt lift on their gen 2 Havaks, then this rifle looks like an awesome option for the price.

Wow, waiting anxiously on some field tests of this rifle. That is a great looking gun for an amazing price point from a very respectable company.

I hope this is a good rifle. I'm cautious to think it would be good enough to pass up an AI.

Reactions: DMP
no weight listed is a poor marketing choice
There was a weight listed last night on seekins site but has disappeared now... it was listed as 11.5

Maybe it was eurooptic.com cause they have it on the description... probably add an additional pound for the muzzle brake and arca rail.
Screenshot_20211102-193312_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AwesomeDude
There was a weight listed last night on seekins site but has disappeared now... it was listed as 11.5

Maybe it was eurooptic.com cause they have it on the description... probably add an additional pound for the muzzle brake and arca rail.View attachment 7733484
seems like an odd weight

too heavy for a hunting gun and too light for PRS. kind of just a target weight for the average person which i guess is okay for most people who want more weight than a stock savage/rem700 but dont want 20+ pounds

Reactions: reubenski
I like this rifle I will be watching this develop.
Is this available ? I could not find it at euro optic?

Reactions: ashworth
seems like an odd weight

too heavy for a hunting gun and too light for PRS. kind of just a target weight for the average person which i guess is okay for most people who want more weight than a stock savage/rem700 but dont want 20+ pounds
I thought the same at first but after researching the rules for the PRS Production division, you are allowed to add weights. So this might not be much of an issue depending on how the rifle balances from the start. I figure it'll be around 15-16 pounds the way I will set it up before adding any weights.

The question is what the barrel thread will be for the prefit market, either way it's alot of rifle for $2k

I emailed them about it.

Thank you for contacting Seekins Precision! All versions of the HIT rifle will be able to change calibers very easily! The main difference with the Pro version will be extra accessories and an upgraded trigger. If changing between standard short action calibers (308, 6 Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor) only the barrel will need to be changed. If switching to the PRC you would need a magnum bolt head ($95) and a 6.5 PRC magazine ($90). I hope this info helps and please let us know if you have any other questions.

For anyone interested

Reactions: buggz
Do you think a pre-fit barrel for the HIT rifle would be more expensive and/or more difficult because of Seekins' quick-change system ?

Or would it be just as simple as the others?

So, my Zermatt TL3 that STILL sits in the box, may do so for an even longer time now?

Nice looking rifle and price. The dust cover is interesting.

Any idea if they will make a left handed model?

Might be a good gift for my oldest in a couple years.
Based on Seekins' own video footage it sounds like a LH model is not a priority for them- they laugh about it.

Anyone know if this will eventually be offered through Cabelas/Bass Pro? I have a ton of points.

Do you think a pre-fit barrel for the HIT rifle would be more expensive and/or more difficult because of Seekins' quick-change system ?

Or would it be just as simple as the others?
In another thread on this I read $500/bbl if you order it/them with the gun or $550 after that.

Hands-on experience in this thread

Reactions: deersniper