• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins SP 10

kwak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
MI
If you use a SP10 would you please give me some input on the quality and accuracy vs GA Precision or JP?

Thank You

I have a SP-10. The GAP is made my Seekins Precision and the GAP makes a couple modifications to it. JP is great but twice the cost.

Seekins Precision is about the best bang for buck. If you want a high end SP-10, then get the SP-10M.

Reactions: Maxwell
Seekins doesn’t make GAPs rifles, they make the receivers and hand guards GAP uses to GAP’s spec. Different barrel, different trigger, different assembly, different QC, and a lot of different small parts.

Reactions: jackinfl
I love Seekins, honestly just a great company with a quality product.... BUT!!

If you can snag a SP-10 with the updated gas system under $2,500 it's a good deal but if you're able to build I'd personally go with the Seekins builder kit and a Compass Lake or Craddock Barrel headspaced to a JP Bolt.

Reactions: Earnhardt
All the current rifles being sent out should have the extended gas system.

I'm sure there are lots of inventory still out there that are not though. Best to call and confirm before buying.

It appears that several of the posts to this thread have been removed for some reason or other. If you posted and follow this thread please repost.

What is wrong with the old gas system that Seekins had to update it? That might explain why there are so many in 6.5CM available at reduced prices.

It appears that several of the posts to this thread have been removed for some reason or other. If you posted and follow this thread please repost.

What is wrong with the old gas system that Seekins had to update it? That might explain why there are so many in 6.5CM available at reduced prices.

So basically the 6.5CM Hates!! a rifle length Gas system on any barrel shorter than 18" and it just beats the shit out of the brass and is prone to showing false pressure signs on the case heads, it really needs a shorter dwell time and that's what a longer Gas System provides. Proof was the first to figure it out with the design of their CamGas system.