• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins sp10 6creed safety selector

mattman215

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2014
Arizona
Hello I had a question. I have a new Seekins sp10 in 6creed. The safety selector switch seems to have some play in it, is this the case for anyone that also has one.

Specifically it wiggles maybe 1/8inch when in the fire or safe position. It does function properly and does need solid pressure to actually rotate to safe and to fire etc.

I have checked detent and spring and it looks fine. Does anyone else notice a lot of play in the safety?
Should I be worried or call Seekins ?

Everything can be in spec, and you can still have play in the safety selector. Sometimes just replacing the detent can help things, as there can be differences in the tip profile. I've had good success using KNS Precision detents.

All my Seekins have done that. Maybe not a full 1/8" but had some decent play. It always kinda bothered me. I think it's the drilling on the shaft of safety for detent.

Reactions: mattman215
Thank you
It does bother me a little, rifle is a lazer but that safety wiggles and waggles. It may not be a 1/8 inch but it seems like a lot of play.

I may try some other detents as suggested.

Not SP10's but both of my Seekins DMR's have no play in the safe or fire position. Is yours setup for 45 or 90 degree? I would try switching it and see if it changes. If it's sloppy I'm sure Seekins will send you a new one if you're comfortable swapping it.

I believe it is a 60 degree flip I’ll try calling them it does bother me and yes I can change it. Thank you all for the help.

I believe it is a 60 degree flip I’ll try calling them it does bother me and yes I can change it. Thank you all for the help.

This is a easy fix, it has to do with the detent not pushing hard enough into the notches in the saftey selector due to the tail end of the detent being slightly oversized or the hole in the lower is little too tight

Take the detent out and remove some material from the tail end that is flat reducing the outer diameter of it allowing it to slide further up into the safety notches.

Thank you I’ll give it a try sense Seekins won’t answer their darn phone or return messages ha.

Well tried the detent idea it did help still some slop owell.
Anyone know a good safety that typically has 0 slop, 60 degree throw

Last edited:
Well tried the Derek idea it did help still some slop owell.
Anyone know a good safety that typically has 0 slop, 60 degree throw

Do this before you purchase another safety, take your grip off and remove the saftey, take the detent spring and push the detent pin up and see if it comes all the way up to where it looks like it's going to fall out of the hole where the safety selector goes.

If the pin travels all the way up and doesn't snag on anything, then yes something could be wrong with your selector. I would call seekins and let them know what's going on, they will send you another selector.

As for recommendations for a safety, I'm a huge fan of the Triggertech ambi saftey, it's designed to be removed and inserted without having to remove your grip, detent and spring.

Battle arms development makes some pretty decent ones, I prefer the 45/90 short throws.

This company also has some decent options that's budget friendly.

Thank you I will look at that. Seekins precision wont reply to emails, return voice message and won’t answer their phones. Tried for over a week now. So just left with working on it my own.

Last edited: