• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Semi Auto shooters, your preffered gear

TANGO2072

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2010
IL-stinkn-noi(d)
Wondering, to those who "do".
What's your preffered kit ?
Chestys, vests or belts ?

I'm not just talkn for Range ( plink ) time. I'm looking for ideas from those who have "battle" tested kits as a Sniper or DM and would grab this to go.
I'm seeking some knowledge, as I'm planning my 2011 Training Calendar and hope to get out to a good Sniper / DM or Precision Rifle course.

Just wondering I have a bunch of options and I dig on the chestys, mostly. I like the belt kit during the summer months, but...
realalisticly ya really gonna carry all the options.

So if you had to narrow it down to the 1- and only what would it be ?

I know.. At the end of it all, it's the end-user's preference.

Re: Semi Auto shooters, your preffered gear

I like the VTAC Battle Belt a lot. It's light and comfortable.

The negative: Can't think of one.

I'm going to get shredded for this, but frankly, I do like a lot of the stuff from Condor. It's cheap, durable enough and did I mention cheap? Yeah...you often get what you pay for. However, when I can buy multiple Condor bags for the price of the 'end of the world' Kifaru or other brand, for what I consider not a big loss in usability and quality I'll do it.

The negative: Not made in the US.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uscbigdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the VTAC Battle Belt a lot. It's light and comfortable.

The negative: Can't think of one.

I'm going to get shredded for this, but frankly, I do like a lot of the stuff from Condor. It's cheap, durable enough and did I mention cheap? Yeah...you often get what you pay for. However, when I can buy multiple Condor bags for the price of the 'end of the world' Kifaru or other brand, for what I consider not a big loss in usability and quality I'll do it.

The negative: Not made in the US.

Rich
</div></div>
Ok you are right on Condor being cheap but at the end of the day I do like stuff made where I live.
www.uscav.com sells tons of gear and I shoot 3-gun and do lots of tactical carbine-handgun shoots and I use a Blackhawk chest rig (made in the US) along with 3 fastmags and one three mag TAG pistol mag holders, and some molle gear for holding things I need along with four extra rifle mags and such.
I like tactical tailor stuff and you might find some Eagle for cheap. Good luck.

I favor a MOLLE vest along the lines of what Tactical Tailor makes, though there are cheaper alternatives. The big issue is whether or not body armor is part of the equation. If this is just for shits and giggles, then a vest is great. If you're looking for something to deploy with, the various RBAV configurations are the way to go IMHO.

I run a tactical tailor MAV-II 7.62 kit. You want the one that unbuckles in the front (the MAV-II, std MAV is full front) if you go this route so you can get low on the gun. If you're wearing it without armor, the standard straps will work fine. If you're wearing it with armor, you'll want the padded harness as this prevents the straps from riding up into your neck.

Yeah I got a few diferent options...
ATS 762, SOE Battle vest ( which is old-school cool ), a BH 556 chesty and a TT belt kit.

I am'bout sick of MOLLE, thats why I picked up the SOE vest i took the padding out of the shoulder pads and it sits better, she's a good split front too.
The ATS is nice, light but w/ no additional pouches I can only fit 3- AR-10 mags in'her.

I'm strongly considering spending the money on a TT MAV. As i prefer to run only 1- mag in a pocket might go w/ the 1-MAV instead of the 2.

ehhh its all just Gear talk.
Thanx for the input so far.
On another Ego-fighter forum, I've already been flamed for asking. Go figure...
it seemed pretty straight forward to me, but...