• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos send the mail

Re: send the mail

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put your first mildot below the crosshairs on the top of his hat and squeeze...... </div></div>

That would account for a microcephalic head throwing our calulations off right?

Nah, at your yardages (which I think are good) I'd just hold the first mil mark (assuming 308) on his upper head and be done with it (him) if he were a target cleared for engagement.

is there another photo a little later on?

Ridiculous. This guy probably isn't a terrorist... probably just a regular Iraqi eeking through life and someone thought hed get his jollies off taking a "Hardcore" picture. Right.

Even if he did take a shot at the guy, Why SHoot for the head and risk missing? Whats the probability you hit the guy at 300? Not very good If thats an m110 (looks like it since its an illuminated scope) Then the ods of making a headshot at that range are low. The gun has alot of problems. I wouldn't even try a headshot at that range with a 24. Go for the sure thing. Its not the wild west anymore. Sometimes a sniper goes all year in country with only a handful of target exposures. It would really make me feel like shit to botch one of the only shots I had all year. Whatever

They must be civilians.

Those guys are so close if they were up to evil deeds there would be no time for taking pictures. Imagine explaining that to the wife of your dead teammate, "But Sally, I got a good picture of the guy who shot your husband."

240m
smile.gif

As stated by 1917

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Reading through, working the math, it's good ed. </div></div>

I just jumped in for the math. I didn't advocate shooting any one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charles</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ridiculous. This guy probably isn't a terrorist... probably just a regular Iraqi eeking through life and someone thought hed get his jollies off taking a "Hardcore" picture. Right.
</div></div>

Amazing how probably the only dude that's posted so far that has a clue gets it, but all you prepubescent dorks think it's so cool to shoot someone.

If you thought it was so "awesome", "cool", "bad ass" to murder, what is probably civilians, why don't you sign the dotted line and find out just how "sweet" it can be...

Here, I'll help you. The number is- (910) 432-1818
</div></div>
Sounds like experience talking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Kinda like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, the world may never know. </div></div>

IIRC, Mr. Owl said it was Three licks...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm getting 1.5 mils for the head and compensating for the diaper on his head. </div></div>

I get 1.3 mils for head and subtract .3 for turbin. If we assume a 10' head... 280 yds to target.

308 Zero at 100 yds with no angel or windage correction I am 15 up with a ground temp over 85.

7 targets are all men of fighting age but non combatants at this time. If targets dig up weapons and are designated as combatants 3rd party assets will not be able to engage as shooter is danger close... decisions decisions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm getting 1.5 mils for the head and compensating for the diaper on his head. </div></div>

I get 1.3 mils for head and subtract .3 for turbin. If we assume a 10' head... 280 yds to target.

308 Zero at 100 yds with no angel or windage correction I am 15 up with a ground temp over 85.

</div></div>Spot on man, spot on

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charles</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ridiculous. This guy probably isn't a terrorist... probably just a regular Iraqi eeking through life and someone thought hed get his jollies off taking a "Hardcore" picture. Right.
</div></div>

Amazing how probably the only dude that's posted so far that has a clue gets it, but all you prepubescent dorks think it's so cool to shoot someone.

If you thought it was so "awesome", "cool", "bad ass" to murder, what is probably civilians, why don't you sign the dotted line and find out just how "sweet" it can be...

Here, I'll help you. The number is- (910) 432-1818
</div></div>

Damn homie, did you have a rough time in the Nams or something??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Kinda like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, the world may never know. </div></div>

IIRC, Mr. Owl said it was Three licks... </div></div>

Negative, ghostrider. He SAID it was tha-ree, but then the little cocksucker bit it. Mr. Owl is nothing but a fucking perpatrator.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm getting 1.5 mils for the head and compensating for the diaper on his head. </div></div>

7 targets are all men of fighting age but non combatants at this time. If targets dig up weapons and are designated as combatants 3rd party assets will not be able to engage as shooter is danger close... decisions decisions </div></div>

Are you including his chin? Look closer at the pic. Drop your elevation reticle down to his chin, I think it will change your mil.

I appreciate you input.

I say its about 200, they seem to be half-way to the skyline and the skyline seems about 400-500 in the background.

Anyway, good opportunity for a semi-auto.
smile.gif

Note to self: never visit mom's grave with 3 friends in an occupied territory.

Note to self (2): never wear a turban out in the woods during deer season.

This type of thing makes our military look...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teleos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Note to self:
This type of thing makes our military look... </div></div>

...Like they pay attention to their surroundings, so that they can survive their tour, come home, and be second guessed by people with the kind of judgement and tastes refined by long periods of safety and comfort provided by the same military???

Don't go throwing the hippie tag at me. This guy took a photograph through his scope of him aiming at some guy's head...If this was actual reconnaissance then it's even worse. Don't get me wrong, it'd be a great shot in the next Marky Mark film, but the fact that he actually used the surveillance equipment they gave him for this shit is childish.

Hate to be the stiff prick and ruin anyone's fun, but I think people these days take way too many guilty pleasures without any guilt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teleos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't go throwing the hippie tag at me. This guy took a photograph through his scope of him aiming at some guy's head...If this was actual reconnaissance then it's even worse. Don't get me wrong, it'd be a great shot in the next Marky Mark film, but the fact that he actually used the surveillance equipment they gave him for this shit is childish. </div></div>

In Vietnam, Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock ran a training school for snipers. He used to have his students sit on a hilltop, take aim at the civilians going about their daily business in the village below, and dryfire their weapons at them. Was Gunnery Sergeant Hathcock childish as well?

You hyper sensitive people really piss me off sometimes. Folks like you have a lot to do with why this country is so fucked up these days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teleos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't go throwing the hippie tag at me. This guy took a photograph through his scope of him aiming at some guy's head...If this was actual reconnaissance then it's even worse. Don't get me wrong, it'd be a great shot in the next Marky Mark film, but the fact that he actually used the surveillance equipment they gave him for this shit is childish. </div></div>

In Vietnam, Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock ran a training school for snipers. He used to have his students sit on a hilltop, take aim at the civilians going about their daily business in the village below, and dryfire their weapons at them. Was Gunnery Sergeant Hathcock childish as well?

You hyper sensitive people really piss me off sometimes. Folks like you have a lot to do with why this country is so fucked up these days. </div></div>

Well said Jimmy....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In Vietnam, Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock ran a training school for snipers. He used to have his students sit on a hilltop, take aim at the civilians going about their daily business in the village below, and dryfire their weapons at them. Was Gunnery Sergeant Hathcock childish as well?

You hyper sensitive people really piss me off sometimes. Folks like you have a lot to do with why this country is so fucked up these days. </div></div>

Oh please, that was a form of realistic training that has absolutely no relevance to this picture. You couldn't knock them for doing that in home territory. I'll drop the argument, though, since you'll just find another rationalization.

There you have it. I'm a liberal douchebag who thinks a kid who takes photos during surveillance of him almost "bagging a raghead" to send back to his buddies is a moron and should be discharged.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some Obama collectibles that need to be alphabetized...

Edit: That last part was a joke.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nsnutter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nsnutter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Assuming the raghead centered on the scope in white has the standard 10" head I'm gauging 1 mil for head, again subtracting appx. .3 mil from the obvious 1.3 mil for the turban, puts target roughly 278 yards away ... correct me if I'm wrong. </div></div>

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Height of target in yards</span> X 1000 = Distance in Yards
Mils

10" = .27 yards

Head = 1 mil

<span style="text-decoration: underline">.27 </span> = .27 X 1000 = 270 yards
1 (Mil)

Or:

<span style="text-decoration: underline">height of target in inches</span> X 27.78 = Distance in yards
Mils

So;

<span style="text-decoration: underline">10"</span> = 10 X 27.78 = 277.8 yards
1 (Mil)

I guess it pays to learn how to decipher fractions of mils and calculate to more than two decimal places!

</div></div>Excellent. We are on the same page ... 278 yards give or take
smile.gif
</div></div>

ok this math is driving me batty,
i got you take the hight of the target and multiply by 1000, ie the 270. where does the 1 mil come in? How would the math look if it was 2 mil, or 1.5 mil. I just cant get my hands around this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nsnutter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nsnutter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Assuming the raghead centered on the scope in white has the standard 10" head I'm gauging 1 mil for head, again subtracting appx. .3 mil from the obvious 1.3 mil for the turban, puts target roughly 278 yards away ... correct me if I'm wrong. </div></div>

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Height of target in yards</span> X 1000 = Distance in Yards
Mils

10" = .27 yards

Head = 1 mil

<span style="text-decoration: underline">.27 </span> = .27 X 1000 = 270 yards
1 (Mil)

Or:

<span style="text-decoration: underline">height of target in inches</span> X 27.78 = Distance in yards
Mils

So;

<span style="text-decoration: underline">10"</span> = 10 X 27.78 = 277.8 yards
1 (Mil)

I guess it pays to learn how to decipher fractions of mils and calculate to more than two decimal places!

</div></div>Excellent. We are on the same page ... 278 yards give or take
smile.gif
</div></div>

ok this math is driving me batty,
i got you take the hight of the target and multiply by 1000, ie the 270. where does the 1 mil come in? How would the math look if it was 2 mil, or 1.5 mil. I just cant get my hands around this. </div></div>If you have a known target size and a mil dot reticle you can determine appx distance. Take the target size (height in yards) divided by the number of mils on the reticle from bottom of target to top, and multiply the quotient by 1000 to give you an approximation of the distance to said target. In this instance, if said target was two mils instead of one, the target would have been twice as close. Hope this helps!

They are 200Mts distance from the scope

It's a Leupold with TM illuminated reticle (TMR)
Assuming the guy has it on max magnification the stadia lines will read correct for Mils.
Average person is 1 metre from waist to top of head
1 metre subtends 5Mils at 200Mts

Only use the width of the head when you can't see the body. The smaller the 'known size' of object the larger the margin for error.

As for those of you trying to work it out in Imperial(yards and inches)...my hat goes off to you. A non-decimal system of maths has got knobs on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crazy Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We've got all sort of yardages coming in,.....I think somebody is going to miss! </div></div>

+1 HAHAHA!!! Yup

200mtr
if not spottter will call
no where to go for cover ---poor raghds
still within 1MOA of body at a 100m zero
squeeze and be done with it
on the 338 wont matter if its 100- 300 less than .5 inch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teleos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In Vietnam, Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock ran a training school for snipers. He used to have his students sit on a hilltop, take aim at the civilians going about their daily business in the village below, and dryfire their weapons at them. Was Gunnery Sergeant Hathcock childish as well?

Oh please, that was a form of realistic training that has absolutely no relevance to this picture. You couldn't knock them for doing that in home territory. I'll drop the argument, though, since you'll just find another rationalization.
</div></div>

How is that any diffrent from what Hathcock did? They are both aimming at people who are possible innocent and as far as we know they werent killed. The only diffrence is in our day and time we are capable of posting pictures of it.

I just wish the pic was like the "ready-fire" trainer so's I could drag the scope around a bit and change the power... dial the elevation up and down and add or subtract wind
whistle.gif

If you think "they" won't do anything to you from a cemetery, read Dan Mills' "<span style="text-decoration: underline">Sniper One</span>" He talks about that the whole book, which pretty much encompasses their tour over there. I'm guessing if they didn't go to the cemetery to bury someone...which doesn't appear to be happening...they went there to dig up something they're gonna use against our guys. I don't really care to see them do that.

Then again, I don't really care if they live or die either....

(1.4m /5 mills)x1000 = 280 meters give or take 10m. Center of mass shot. Didn't anyone here read TC 23-14, Sniper Training and Deployment? LOL

PS. These clothes they are wearing, what a great wind flag in the bare terrain! Allah Akbar! LOL again

I got 166 yards. Figure 39 inches crotch to top of head x 27.77/6.5 mils= 166 yards

i say 200 meters or around there and id hold about a half mil higher and sqeezzzzzz

Scott