• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Servicing for Premier's Since Move to Canada

FALex

Headmaster of Romper Room
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
USA
Hey all, I am interested in purchasing a Premier but recently saw the buy out by Tangent Theta. Do any of you know if there would be a service facility in the US if something were to need repairing? Have any of you folks had any dealings with the new company? Lastly, do you like your Premier? I am looking for the 5-25x56 gen 2 XR. Thanks for the info.

Well, just received a response from ATI so consider this post information only. They said they will service premier scopes in Winchester VA and will be covered by a lifetime warranty. These guys were super quick with their response...now, if I can just get those opinions from those of you who are using Premiers and have used other high end optics, I would be thankful.

Premier is at the top of the food chain, along side S&B, Hensoldt, Steiner, Khales and the like. Paul Lange is a member on this board and the primary Premier rep for us here in the US. Scopes go to him for repair and he's quick to respond to emails and help requests. Great guy.

Don't hesitate to buy one.

I've got the same reticle in a S&B. It's awesome for holdovers and wind. I've only ever heard good things about Premier over the years, had a scope with one of their reticles in it way back (back when they would do installs in Leupolds), but at the time I was pricing/shopping the S&B I heard some reliable industry rumors about the buyout and/or other turmoil in the company and it didn't seem like a good time to buy. Glad to hear they've survived and their products are being supported.

Premier is at the top of the food chain, along side S&B, Hensoldt, Steiner, Khales and the like. Paul Lange is a member on this board and the primary Premier rep for us here in the US. Scopes go to him for repair and he's quick to respond to emails and help requests. Great guy.

Don't hesitate to buy one.
PREMIER SERVICE............????... Any one besides me ever owned a Premier boosted Leupold scope.???? That`s before Premier started their own line.....
THEY REFUSED TO SERVICE THE SCOPES THEY MODIFIED.... AND LEUPOLD WON`T TOUCH`M EITHER.....LEFT THE CUSTOMERS OWNING THIER MODIFIED SCOPES...WHICH THEY SOLD COMPLETE.....WITH DICK IN HAND...NUTT`N ELSE......POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE......

I own 2 premier LT and one needed some service. I called they told me what to do and it was completed and sent back to me in 2 week turnaround. I am very pleased with them so far and own both s&b 5-25 and 4-16 hensoldt, and new nightforce atacr. Premiers definitely have some awesome glass.

I have had a Bender.

I have Premiers.

I had a zero drift issue with the Premier (since ATI took over). I got a response from Paul in less than an hour, indicating I needed to get an RMA from Ted @ ATI. I got a response from Ted within 1/2 hour, providing me with a form to fill out and email back. Once I emailed the form, I had an RMA and return instructions within 10 minutes. My scope was returned within ~6 or 7 business days, fixed.

The Premier/Leupold situation was/is a serious bummer for those it affected and continues to affect. I've heard tell about the "old man" at Premier being good but the "kid" being horrible. From my understanding, it is definitely for the best Premier is under the direction of ATI now.

PREMIER SERVICE............????... Any one besides me ever owned a Premier boosted Leupold scope.???? That`s before Premier started their own line.....
THEY REFUSED TO SERVICE THE SCOPES THEY MODIFIED.... AND LEUPOLD WON`T TOUCH`M EITHER.....LEFT THE CUSTOMERS OWNING THIER MODIFIED SCOPES...WHICH THEY SOLD COMPLETE.....WITH DICK IN HAND...NUTT`N ELSE......POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE......

Sorry that you had troubles with Premier when it was run by the previous owners... I never had any experience with them, or Leupold scopes with Premier reticles in them. I can only speak from personal experience, and my personal experience has been good.

I've had 2 Premiers,LT Tactical sold it to get a 4-16 Henny & I still have a Illuminated Hunter 3-15.Both top of the line glass,Paul is one hell of a good guy.I've never had to use their repair service but the CS is as good as it gets.My scope is 2 yrs old & is my primary hunting scope,very happy with it & have never had even a hiccup with it.

Bill,
The problem is the parts are not available to me anymore. Leupold stopped selling parts to us back in 2004. Without parts we can't service the scopes. What I can do is remove the boost for you and then you can send the scope to Leupold for repair, BUT I cannot put the boost back on as I don't have the equipment to do that.
Sorry but it is the best I can do.
Thanks,
Paul

Premier makes a great scope. I have the 5-25x56 that is great. I bought it used and after the purchase I sent the scope back to Paul (Plange) for some service. The level of service I recieved was awesome. Premier offers a top tier product with service to match.