• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sharps Bros Billet?

Halfnutz

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 14, 2008
    Peoria County, Illinois
    Any experience with Sharps Bros 5.56 Billet upper? Are they Thermal fit?

Other options? I would like to stay with a forward assist as well.

I have my first Billet lower(s)(17 Design), and want to use a billet upper for a dedicated thermal (coyote) build.
    I'll be using a Geissele MK18 hand guard that has anti rotation tabs. Looked at a Gibbz side charger but the Geissele hand guard may need the anti rotation tabs cut.

Thanks,

Youd be hard pressed to find a better upper then vltor mur. Its not thermal fit but theyre built really solid. Bcm's forged uppers are thermal fit if thats a requirement. I honestly havent seen any difference in accuracy even on the ones i bedded the extension.

Youd be hard pressed to find a better upper then vltor mur. Its not thermal fit but theyre built really solid. Bcm's forged uppers are thermal fit if thats a requirement. I honestly havent seen any difference in accuracy even on the ones i bedded the extension.
    no dog here but comments like these always spur a peaked eye. How is this 'better', different look that some sure, more expensive due to design and number produces sure but 'hard pressed to find a better upper than vltor mur'???

I've had them, in no way did I personally think they were 'better' by any stretch so curious

no dog here but comments like these always spur a peaked eye. How is this 'better', different look that some sure, more expensive due to design and number produces sure but 'hard pressed to find a better upper than vltor mur'???

I've had them, in no way did I personally think they were 'better' by any stretch so curious
    Theyre stiffer/ more solid then standard recievers. Load hard into a bipod and you can see poi shift with most. You wont with a vltor. Also qc is great im yet to hear anyone say otherwise. As far as accuracy i mentioned above i could never tell any difference though

MUR upper receivers have long had a reputation for stiffness. No doubt there. Still looking for billet as MUR are forged.

The only billet I've dealt with is a large frame Larue UU kit; barrel fit was sloppy as fuk btw.
    Having both the upper and lower made from billet is cosmetic. I like my shirt to match my socks :giggle:

Still no one has experience with Sharps Bros?
    They make "The Jack" and other novelty lowers as well as a conventional billet lower. Just because they can profile a neat lower doesn't mean the tolerances are held. Of the 17 Designs lowers all had good fit and finish, assembled correctly, and mated well with multiple (forged) uppers.

Attachments

• sharps295__95243.jpg
      sharps295__95243.jpg
      342.1 KB · Views: 20
    I emailed Sharps Bros a while ago and asked. They are not thermal fit. Nor is Fortis. Spikes says theirs are. Grey Ghost's are, but as far as I know, they don't sell them individually