• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Sheds from 09

heavychevy

Private
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2009
miles city montana
Here are some sheds me and my bro found while out hunting during a lousy hunting season one decent set of sheds there is a pic of a dead head from a few years earlier. A couple of pics of the country we hunt in close to home here PGS OAM and BIGMIKEY will recogonize it.
huntingpics09045.jpg

huntingpics09046.jpg

huntingpics09049.jpg

huntingpics09043.jpg

huntingpics09044.jpg

Re: Sheds from 09

I am envious that you call that your hunting grounds! great looking sheds too. I hope one day I can get out west and hunt Elk. Sure is beautiful country.

-Z

Rappeller-11,used to be some real toads!! Not so much anymore,take that dead head there,good young bull had a chance to really be something. Unfortunately and I'm sure I'm going to ruffle some feathers here on some bow hunters but the bow hunting in my opinion has completely fu**** things up in our neck of the woods anybody and their dog can get a tag and they shoot the first thing they see with out letting it grow up and then they can't find it. I know of 2 guys last year in that exact same spot as those pictures that stuck 5 bulls and found1.
Then they wonder why there are no big bulls!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308155</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rappeller-11,used to be some real toads!! Not so much anymore,take that dead head there,good young bull had a chance to really be something. Unfortunately and I'm sure I'm going to ruffle some feathers here on some bow hunters but the bow hunting in my opinion has completely fu**** things up in our neck of the woods anybody and their dog can get a tag and they shoot the first thing they see with out letting it grow up and then they can't find it. I know of 2 guys last year in that exact same spot as those pictures that stuck 5 bulls and found1.
Then they wonder why there are no big bulls!!!</div></div>

Reluctantly, I agree. It's not so much that everybody and their dog <span style="font-weight: bold">can</span> get a tag, it's that everybody and their dog <span style="font-weight: bold"> do</span> get a tag, it's a real circus in the breaks come stick and feather time. Most all bow hunters I know have wounded multiple animals and never recovered them. I have nothing against bow hunters but many don't stick to their self imposed limit of 25 yards or whatever and many who do have an arrow deflected or some other marksmanship tradgedy. I also think most stick slingers are better hunters than most rifleman but not as good at killing when the event presents itself. If you are a bow hunter and don't take forty yard shots and have never hit and not recovered an animal don't get your panties in wad, that wasn't directed at you.

But this is: God rot your eyes for being first in the fall woods and whipping up the critters until by rifle season they are well hidden and wild as........well you my drift.
grin.gif

ETA: Nice sheds 308155, looks like a fun time in your corner of heaven.

I found all these mulie sheds in about a 3 week span in November 2009.
P2070064.jpg

P2070065.jpg

P2070066.jpg

I agree about the bow hunting.
Hunt 3 Mos. including best times (rut) etc.
Shoot and not recover unlimited animals. Remember, no one hears the shot, so it does not really count.
If they finnaly kill something, claim it is a superior trophy, as I was "killed with a bow", which is "harder".
Most do not hunt at all but sit in a tree or over a waterhole. Or in the really sporting tent blind.
And I do not care if they are offended.
All game seasons should be open to any weapon. Just limit the hunters. Let them choose their weapons. An amimal is just as dead by any weapon. Bow hunting would dry up fast on a level playing field.
Look at Alaska, how many bowhunters do you see there. They have never given it to their whining for special areas or seasons. Good for Alaska.

you want to see and hear some real stupid crap on bow hunting check out full moon productions and tyeir site called bow cast those guys claim to shoot deer at 100 yds the have several videos on shotys out to 100 some kill shots aome misses but mostly stupid risky shooting.

Great sheds, the only shed I have ever found in NY was a spike, now dead bucks is a different story, unfortunately.

I have found some nice sheds on a hunt in Idaho years ago, both in the same week. A big whitey single and a skull form a 170 class mulie.

Nice work guys! I'm a little bit of a shed junkie myself but by the time I'm done with them they usually end up looking a little more like this...

D001.JPG

D003.JPG

D002.JPG

D004.JPG

Finding sheds in November? Do they drop em that early or are they from the previous year and the critters havent got to em and chewed em up yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cody those look awesome! How do they sound? </div></div>

I hate to hijack his thread and don't want to take it off course...

But, they sound pretty much like any other closed reed call. There is really only one company who manufactures the reeds and just a few options so there isn't much variation. The call body is more for looks than anything...

I waited until later in the year to pick them up this time. Didn't want to fight the snakes and the ticks.