• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Shemagh?

Re: Shemagh?

I wear mine as face/head camo when hunting coyotes and hogs. I have used it as a brass deflector on and AR too.

Keith

I don't own one but I've thought about trying one out.

I've been weaing one of these "Buffs" for a few years when fishing and as part of my desert wardrobe. It's very lightweight, cool, protects against the sun and can be worn about 14 different ways...
http://www.buff.eu/en/USA/products/-/c/H/s/A/f/9

hers me in my badassedness crawling at big bend state park wearing it:
P6150201.jpg

That's a useful information you gave here.. I will use it for my business purpose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anneparker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a useful information you gave here.. I will use it for my business purpose. </div></div>

great first post.....now if I only understood it.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anneparker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a useful information you gave here.. I will use it for my business purpose. </div></div>

great first post.....now if I only understood it....... </div></div>

*cough* It's a spambot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cluebat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anneparker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a useful information you gave here.. I will use it for my business purpose. </div></div>

great first post.....now if I only understood it....... </div></div>

*cough* It's a spambot. </div></div>

I am slow.....not that slow......
smile.gif

They are useful for all manner of things such as cleaning your rifles, etc.

IMAG0075.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yesterday someone just gave me almost 50 brand new shemaghs; now what to do with them...?
</div></div>

Was BOLTRIPPER cleaning out his closet again? </div></div>

Nah, just leftovers from a SHOT Show vendor. </div></div>

So you're saying you need my address?

I think Shemaghs are the coolest. They look awesome to wear when your playing COD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uncledillers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its always kind of bugged me seeing guys wearing these. I understand, hearts and minds, ie showing that we can accept parts of a foreign culture we are operating in. But I would think tactically a 42"x 42" piece of camo material would be better used. Why go the lengths of having a multi-cam knife handle, webbing and boots to match everything else and then throw on a black and tan checkered shemag? </div></div>

Is there a law that says it need be black and tan?

They look awesome draped over your action which has to be open on the line at a match next to a d-bag with a howitzer brake on his 300mag, trying his best to fill your action up with gravel.

I carry a couple with me all the time when shooting . They have saved me from tearing a few shirt sleeves off. As they are great for emergency Ass Wipe .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uncledillers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its always kind of bugged me seeing guys wearing these. I understand, hearts and minds, ie showing that we can accept parts of a foreign culture we are operating in. But I would think tactically a 42"x 42" piece of camo material would be better used. Why go the lengths of having a multi-cam knife handle, webbing and boots to match everything else and then throw on a black and tan checkered shemag? </div></div>

Is there a law that says it need be black and tan? </div></div>

No. Its just been my experience that most guys that have them, have them in either tan or OD. The black is referring to the checkering common to all of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aggiesig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't own one but I've thought about trying one out.

I've been weaing one of these "Buffs" for a few years when fishing and as part of my desert wardrobe. It's very lightweight, cool, protects against the sun and can be worn about 14 different ways...

P6150201.jpg

</div></div>

And my ears get 3rd degree burns .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But he looks so tactically metro.....</div></div>

That is just qoute worthy......carry on.

Tactically metro LMFAO

I dont see anything wrong with wearing a Shemagh. Its not like its a dishdash or anything like that... just a headscarf that has multiple uses.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aggiesig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't own one but I've thought about trying one out.

P6150201.jpg

</div></div>

And my ears get 3rd degree burns . </div></div>

I don't have any shots of it in the "bank robber" position, but you can pull that thing up pretty high because it's very long as seen in the add photo, I've even seen them pulled over the top of your head like a balaclava:
ffr_buff.jpg

It's amazing what a little bit of water on one of those things will do for you when it's 117 degrees...

i wear one all the time fishing, covers up everything from the son. plus it helps me to look like i know what im doing wearing something exotic like that

where is the cheapest place to get these? does anyone make one in silk, i know it sounds gay but silk is better at keeping cool and wicking moisture. i have been using a black silk scarf around my neck in winter for years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">White guys wearing Shemaghs make up for small penises. </div></div>I won't ask you how you know that, or what you've seen them do to make up.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I see them pull them out of their underwear at the urinal in Hooter's to take a piss then stuff them back in. </div></div>

Why the hell are you looking at guy's junk at Hooters,,,,, wait the girls at Hooters arn't your thing weight wise ,,,, ????? some things wrong with this picture,,,, where are the Hooter pictures.
</div></div>

You just had to ask huh?

If you have shot anywhere in WY you know your round lands in the next county due to wind. The shemagh works great for keeping chillin wind or blowing sand off the neck.
I wore mine gangsta/outlaw style when I was up hunting. It was awesome not having to breath freezing cold air. And they're light enough to not be uncomfortable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uncledillers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its always kind of bugged me seeing guys wearing these. I understand, hearts and minds, ie showing that we can accept parts of a foreign culture we are operating in. But I would think tactically a 42"x 42" piece of camo material would be better used. Why go the lengths of having a multi-cam knife handle, webbing and boots to match everything else and then throw on a black and tan checkered shemag? </div></div>

Like that piece of cloth is going to give your 15 foot tall 32 ton MRAP's position away?

I don't know about Afghanistan (I should be finding out realtively soon) but in Iraq they knew your location and probably knew where you were going.

If we wanted to be tactical we wouldn't be wearing 70lbs of bullshit on us!

i recently found out that many urban hipsters / commies and hip hop types are wearing shemagh's to show 'solidarity' with their 'oppressed' muslim brethren.

the one thing i like about them is the breathability of the fabric.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brutus1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i recently found out that many urban hipsters / commies and hip hop types are wearing shemagh's to show 'solidarity' with their 'oppressed' muslim brethren.

the one thing i like about them is the breathability of the fabric. </div></div>

I'm not sure solidarity with muslim brethren has as much to do with it as it being fashionable does.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdShotKill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone even know what the hell a shemagh was before the war on terror? </div></div>

Yup. My kids ride me about it, but I've been wearing 'em for 20 years - way before they were urban tacti-cool. I still have a few tattered rags from my first trip to the desert in 90-91.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wicked Weapons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdShotKill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone even know what the hell a shemagh was before the war on terror? </div></div>

Yup. My kids ride me about it, but I've been wearing 'em for 20 years - way before they were urban tacti-cool. I still have a few tattered rags from my first trip to the desert in 90-91. </div></div>

yep, me too, the Brits had them figured out way back in the day... WWII era maybe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uncledillers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its always kind of bugged me seeing guys wearing these. I understand, hearts and minds, ie showing that we can accept parts of a foreign culture we are operating in. But I would think tactically a 42"x 42" piece of camo material would be better used. Why go the lengths of having a multi-cam knife handle, webbing and boots to match everything else and then throw on a black and tan checkered shemag? </div></div>

Like that piece of cloth is going to give your 15 foot tall 32 ton MRAP's position away?

I don't know about Afghanistan (I should be finding out realtively soon) but in Iraq they knew your location and probably knew where you were going.

If we wanted to be tactical we wouldn't be wearing 70lbs of bullshit on us! </div></div>

Yeah that all makes sense. A overt mission, is overt, you could be wearing a green cadpat uniform in the desert and still do the job. Iam just saying if your trying to use cam for concealment, there might be better option then a shamag. Plus I like the to support north american products.

Not tryen to say the guys usen them aren`t doin a fine job. I sure a ton more ass kicking is done by our guys wearing them, then there is done by insurgent wearing them

When this is comming at you and you have to operate in it as a gunner or other it is nice to have something to filter out some of the dirt! I took this in 2006.
3173947939_1fba83a65f_b.jpg

3173948465_e7957ae572_b.jpg

3174784372_e7a8f07f0a_b.jpg

3174783808_4e07e81d5e_b.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Enough already. Here's your final answer on the proper way to wear a shemagh.</span>

4292d15f25d51.jpg

769634cf11742.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Enough already. Here's your final answer on the proper way to wear a shemagh.</span>

4292d15f25d51.jpg

769634cf11742.jpg
</div></div>

Where in Alaska are you? I might be headed up to Wainwright.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wicked Weapons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdShotKill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone even know what the hell a shemagh was before the war on terror? </div></div>

Yup. My kids ride me about it, but I've been wearing 'em for 20 years - way before they were urban tacti-cool. I still have a few tattered rags from my first trip to the desert in 90-91. </div></div>

I was 4yrs old during that one, heck i was only in high school when this one kicked off...much respect!

Like some other posters have said they are great for temperature control, also hand to cover your face if there is a lot of blowing dirt or smoke in the air.

I was thinking of using more for mosquito control...even if you use off they will bounce all over your face so I could just cover it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuppressorJunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking of using more for mosquito control...even if you use off they will bounce all over your face so I could just cover it </div></div>

You know, that had never occurred to me. My company makes a mesh that holds permethrine next to forever, I might could use that as an outer layer on a way too involved piece of headgear!

You know, that had never occurred to me. My company makes a mesh that holds permethrine next to forever, I might could use that as an outer layer on a way too involved piece of headgear! [/quote]

Anything to keep me from loosing my mind from endless waves of mosquitoes...I do alot of my shooting in a Southeast Texas swamp so it get pretty obscene

pretty sure cowboys have been wearing these for a hundred years to keep sand out sun off and body heat in or out. They just ware bright colored ones! I like a good silk blaze orange one.. o and they just call them wild rags..

They're vital in a dust storm, for sure. Kefiyya + goggles = essential.

If you're just talking walk in the park, some parts of the world find it fashionable >.>