• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Shemagh?

ggmanning

Bird Dog
Minuteman
  • Apr 23, 2010
    Rural South
    Not a smart@&$ question here......I see them more and more on guys in their shooting photos. I have noticed in most videos Frank wears one especially when shooting. What is the purpose? Are they better than hats....benefits of using one? Not something I have ever seen in backwoods NC so I was curious.

Re: Shemagh?

It is highly versitle ... when properly employed it can cover you head and neck from the sun, cover your face from dust/wind... work a cooling system when wet or provide some insulation to the neck/head in moderate weather...

and if all else fails, functions as a tactical table cloth

It has many uses, if you're not in Venezuela with other Middle-Eastern dictators who are also not in Venezuela.
    laugh.gif

before shemaghs became "tacticool" we had old t-shirts or cravats from the first aid kit around our necks.

If you spend any time in the outdoors it's just handy to have something to wipe sweat, douse with water, wipe glasses and keep the bugs from eating the hell out of your neck.

They are also great for use in photographs when you need to cover the block that is keeping the subject upright.
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">White guys wearing Shemaghs make up for small penises. </div></div>

Only the shankster
    grin.gif
    thanks for the replies. Fills the role of a bandana around here....just bigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">White guys wearing Shemaghs make up for small penises. </div></div>I won't ask you how you know that, or what you've seen them do to make up.
    laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">White guys wearing Shemaghs make up for small penises. </div></div>I won't ask you how you know that, or what you've seen them do to make up.
    laugh.gif
    </div></div>

I see them pull them out of their underwear at the urinal in Hooter's to take a piss then stuff them back in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">White guys wearing Shemaghs make up for small penises. </div></div>I won't ask you how you know that, or what you've seen them do to make up.
    laugh.gif
    </div></div>

I see them pull them out of their underwear at the urinal in Hooter's to take a piss then stuff them back in. </div></div>

Why the hell are you looking at guy's junk at Hooters,,,,, wait the girls at Hooters arn't your thing weight wise ,,,, ????? some things wrong with this picture,,,, where are the Hooter pictures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">White guys wearing Shemaghs make up for small penises. </div></div>I won't ask you how you know that, or what you've seen them do to make up.
    laugh.gif
    </div></div>

I see them pull them out of their underwear at the urinal in Hooter's to take a piss then stuff them back in. </div></div>

Why the hell are you looking at guy's junk at Hooters,,,,, wait the girls at Hooters arn't your thing weight wise ,,,, ????? some things wrong with this picture,,,, where are the Hooter pictures.
    </div></div>

Enjoy:

fat-hooter-girl.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bet she has boneless buffalo wing crumbs, in her belly button....</div></div>

From the looks of it, no crumb goes un-noticed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PittsDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bet she has boneless buffalo wing crumbs, in her belly button....</div></div>

From the looks of it, no crumb goes un-noticed.</div></div>

You suck. I actually scrolled back up to look. Argh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bet she has boneless buffalo wing crumbs, in her belly button.... </div></div>

I just vomitted in my mouth a little

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a smart@&$ question here......I see them more and more on guys in their shooting photos. I have noticed in most videos Frank wears one especially when shooting. What is the purpose? Are they better than hats....benefits of using one? Not something I have ever seen in backwoods NC so I was curious. </div></div>

I went shooting with NTRP group and they all had them. They used them to block out the sun coming up from the east at the range. Worked better then my hat.

Jamie

Can someone tell me how "Shemagh" is phonetically pronounced? My buddy and I are laughing at each other beacuse we both have different pronunciations and my wife just chimed in with yet another.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a smart@&$ question here......I see them more and more on guys in their shooting photos. I have noticed in most videos Frank wears one especially when shooting. What is the purpose? Are they better than hats....benefits of using one? Not something I have ever seen in backwoods NC so I was curious. </div></div>

I went shooting with NTRP group and they all had them. They used them to block out the sun coming up from the east at the range. Worked better then my hat.

Jamie </div></div>

yes they do.

b68ohu.jpg

It's one of those self correcting issues.

I use mine in cold weather to keep me warm, and hot weather to keep me cool. Wouldn't go bush without one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I won't ask you how you know that, or what you've seen them do to make up.
    laugh.gif
    </div></div>

Oh NO he didn’t......

Oh YES, yes he did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Enjoy:

fat-hooter-girl.jpg

</div></div>

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yesterday someone just gave me almost 50 brand new shemaghs; now what to do with them...?
    </div></div>

Was BOLTRIPPER cleaning out his closet again?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yesterday someone just gave me almost 50 brand new shemaghs; now what to do with them...?
    </div></div>

Sell 'em on here.
    grin.gif

Maybe I will try one. I will definitely be an oddity here unless they come in Confederate stars and bars, Natural Light logo, Realtree or Earnhardt. Most of my buds look at me funny anyway 'cause "a short action ain't enough for shootin' far off". Thanks for the replies....learned a bit.

Any significance to certain colors? I would pick earth colors anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mine is actually a cape in disguise </div></div>A cape that will cover what part of <span style="text-decoration: underline">your</span> body...your little finger?
    laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mine is actually a cape in disguise </div></div>A cape that will cover what part of <span style="text-decoration: underline">your</span> body...your little finger?
    laugh.gif
    </div></div>

this from someone who can't even hold one down in the wind

That's the best idea I have heard. I am going to get one, and just wear it like a cape. Can't wait to try it out at my next pistol match. I bet I am faster with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mine is actually a cape in disguise </div></div>A cape that will cover what part of <span style="text-decoration: underline">your</span> body...your little finger?
    laugh.gif
    </div></div>this from someone who can't even hold one down in the wind </div></div>That was wind I was passing.
    grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helidriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone tell me how "Shemagh" is phonetically pronounced? My buddy and I are laughing at each other beacuse we both have different pronunciations and my wife just chimed in with yet another. </div></div>

Don't feel too bad, WhenI first read the title, I thought he was asking about schmegma (SP?). EEEwwwwww!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike Casselton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helidriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone tell me how "Shemagh" is phonetically pronounced? My buddy and I are laughing at each other beacuse we both have different pronunciations and my wife just chimed in with yet another. </div></div>

Don't feel too bad, WhenI first read the title, I thought he was asking about schmegma (SP?). EEEwwwwww!! </div></div>

This thread keeps getting better and better.

Just call it a keffiyeh (keh -FI-Ah)....its the same thing...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yesterday someone just gave me almost 50 brand new shemaghs; now what to do with them...?
    </div></div>

Was BOLTRIPPER cleaning out his closet again? </div></div>

Nah, just leftovers from a SHOT Show vendor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlaw973</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Enjoy:

fat-hooter-girl.jpg

</div></div>

That's just wrong......
    laugh.gif
    [/quote]

Ahhhh! Howd you get that? I thought I deleted that!?

Worked good for helping to keep warm while on the gun in the winter. They were also helpful when the sand storms kicked up in the summer. The terps that I used in Iraq gave me a couple as gifts and I bought a few after I had used them some.

Its always kind of bugged me seeing guys wearing these. I understand, hearts and minds, ie showing that we can accept parts of a foreign culture we are operating in. But I would think tactically a 42"x 42" piece of camo material would be better used. Why go the lengths of having a multi-cam knife handle, webbing and boots to match everything else and then throw on a black and tan checkered shemag?