• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sheridan Wyo Bound!!!

Welcome to Wyoming. Winters are long!
Out the window now at 5000'
20210419_125400.jpg

Our place at 8500' over the weekend, snow still up to the windows. Snow usually melts by end of June.
image000002(2).jpg

Do you shoot in PRS style matches? Theres some pretty good ones down that way that are apart of the Western Precision Rifle.

Reactions: Nomad Farrier
Glad to hear you guys up North got some snow. We're actually getting snowed on currently but not a ton is sticking, probably only have a couple inches on the grass. As long as we don't get another 40" in a week like we did a month ago I'll be fine, that wore me out.

Whenever I'm in Billings, there's always a crap load of Wyoming plates at the Home Depot/Lowes....
Mystery solved. I already figured out the one where most of the gas stations sold out of beer after the first weekend of the month...

Reactions: MarinePMI
So basically everyone in Wyoming is an asshole that owns the entire state, everyone else is a Blue Tourist that votes the wrong way and drives the wrong cars, once you get to Wyoming hurry up and leave and don't fuck up anything while your there... Huh very enticing sounds like a great place I can see why you wanted to move there... :ROFLMAO:

I remember the bumper stickers from the 70's that said "Don't Californicate Oregon" which were prophetic. Wyomans have good reason to be concerned. The OP sounds like a good guy; one of my sons lives in Prineville and it still isn't completely overrun. I live farther east, but we're still part of the PRO. If I wasn't old and sick I'd move on, too.

So basically everyone in Wyoming is an asshole that owns the entire state, everyone else is a Blue Tourist that votes the wrong way and drives the wrong cars, once you get to Wyoming hurry up and leave and don't fuck up anything while your there... Huh very enticing sounds like a great place I can see why you wanted to move there... :ROFLMAO:
Yup. Fuck off.

Started snowing in Kemmerer @ 14:45 hrs.....32F! Not supposed to get much precip here! memtb

Yep pretty close....very perceptive! 😂 memtb

Tell FT Worthless to turn on that switch heater
That’s actually all me on that one, breaker is off and on a snow sensor anyhow,. Had to pull the duct work out last week for surfacing, and haven’t gotten it back in yet and too many trains running to get the tracks to get it done. It’s a rarely used industry switch, but I’ll take the OT if they really want it thrown at 2am.

I'm tagging for a report back after the op has made it through his first winter there which I hear ends first week or so of June lol
SO, ya the rest of the story is that we've lived here before for a few different jobs. Thermop and Cody. Just never had the opportunity to buy in Wyo. Winters keep the people away, mostly. I have to be honest though, the winters we've spent in Calgary make the winters we've spent in WYO seem like Childs play. So anyhow folks don't worry we aint moving there with flip flops on. I appreciate the defensiveness of your state, we despise Californians for ruining Oregon. Y'all have to chill out though, remember what site we are all on. Ive been here since 2009, aint no blue troll here....

Yup born and raised there. Total loss now that Facebook and Apple moved in there.
I used to live out at the Ochoco Ranger Station. Loved that place. They tore it down moved everyone to town. All part of the USFS becoming a clean hands agency and moving the employees further away from the resource.

Good Luck in Wyoming man!

Last edited:
I used to live out at the Ochoco Ranger Station. Loved that place. They tore it down moved everyone to town. All part of the USFS becoming a clean hands agency and moving the employees further away for the resource.

Good Luck in Wyoming man!
Ah man, Walton Lake and Big Summit Prairie are a couple of my favorite places. Thank you sir

Reactions: DuneBoer
SO, ya the rest of the story is that we've lived here before for a few different jobs. Thermop and Cody. Just never had the opportunity to buy in Wyo. Winters keep the people away, mostly. I have to be honest though, the winters we've spent in Calgary make the winters we've spent in WYO seem like Childs play. So anyhow folks don't worry we aint moving there with flip flops on. I appreciate the defensiveness of your state, we despise Californians for ruining Oregon. Y'all have to chill out though, remember what site we are all on. Ive been here since 2009, aint no blue troll here....

why is your Avatar a big blue O? I’d be concerned WY hahah

I'm one Wyomingite who actually welcomes people coming who don't as mentioned continually talk about "back home we..." and who aren't squishy on conservative principles. I think that will actually help us keep our awesome state awesome as we simply don't have enough people to outvote a mass influx of libs from CA or CO or OR ;). So if you are willing to be a part of WY culture, I say welcome sir, to you and your family.

Well the family and I have finally gotten a place bought just outside of Sheridan Wyo! We were all born and raised in the High Desert of Oregon. Seeing what Oregon has turned into made us decide to go someplace more RED and less populated. Any suggestions for things to do, and places to visit in the vicinity? We hunt and fish, and the kids play hockey but other than those pastimes we really don't have much knowledge about the region.
How many times will you have to recharge your car to get that far?

The weather is a bit off but you get use to it. I grew up in Cheyenne and get back often but the younger crowd (teenagers and twenty somethings) are not much different from what I have out here in CA. Time will tell if Cheyenne and Casper can keep the state from flipping. This was taken on June 8, 2020 in Cheyenne.

IMG_3461.JPG

I remember the bumper stickers from the 70's that said "Don't Californicate Oregon" which were prophetic. Wyomans have good reason to be concerned. The OP sounds like a good guy; one of my sons lives in Prineville and it still isn't completely overrun. I live farther east, but we're still part of the PRO. If I wasn't old and sick I'd move on, too.
Reminds me of a popular bumper sticker in Alaska in 70's:
"Happiness is 10,000 Okies headed south with a Texan under each arm"

I've been wanting to print up some updated ones for Idaho:
"Happiness is 10,000 Californians headed south with a leftist under each arm"

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
The weather is a bit off but you get use to it. I grew up in Cheyenne and get back often but the younger crowd (teenagers and twenty somethings) are not much different from what I have out here in CA. Time will tell if Cheyenne and Casper can keep the state from flipping. This was taken on June 8, 2020 in Cheyenne.

View attachment 7608490
I doubt highly california people will be heading to Wyoming and deal with the weather...they just move up the coast which is why Oregon and WA State are so screwed up right now...it's people like me who aren't progressive trying to get away from them and all the changes they've caused who are/will be moving to places like Wyoming.

Last edited:
No one really thought about the end result when all types were sneaking in over the years...well now we know what happens though right...I would think eventually people would band together who have had enough and make a stand against this ever increasing nonsense...I think eventually you're going to see a rebellion if these clowns keep going the way they are...my lifes about over so I'm just wanting a peaceful place to fertilize the ground...but if I was still raising a family and had young kids in school or little ones about to start I would be horrified living in some of these progressive places.

Last edited:
Outside our general ire for lefties, here's why Wyoming hates California, Oregon and Washington. We have a metric fuck ton of high quality, very low sulphur coal, and we want to sell it to Asia where there is massive demand, especially for our coal. To do that, we need a western port to make it economically viable. Well, the greenie left coast has basically colluded to ensure all deep water ports are off limits for our (as well as Montana's and Utah's) coal to be transited through. If we got a port, that would be around 25k new jobs for our state, and high paying jobs at that for the working men and women of our state and our country, as well as billions a year in net revenue. The coal states have been trying for over a decade to get a port, and the left coast has blocked the effort all the way with lawsuits and political bullshit. Ports have been certified they will not cause water contamination, but they still get blocked by carbon based environmental regulations that they alone have, even when the products aren't going to be burned within thousands of miles of their land.

Imagine if we said no Oregon and Washington forestry products could be transited through our state because we're jealous they have trees and we don't, or more relatively that they're cutting down CO2 munchers. How about prohibiting California produce because we believe it's a gross misuse of water they don't really have rights to? What would be the response be to that? Exactly, it would be fought with the fervor it deserves.

So when someone from Wyoming tells a left coaster to fuck off, we mean it. It's not supposed to be personal towards them, but they made it personal to us.

Outside our general ire for lefties, here's why Wyoming hates California, Oregon and Washington. We have a metric fuck ton of high quality, very low sulphur coal, and we want to sell it to Asia where there is massive demand, especially for our coal. To do that, we need a western port to make it economically viable. Well, the greenie left coast has basically colluded to ensure all deep water ports are off limits for our (as well as Montana's and Utah's) coal to be transited through. If we got a port, that would be around 25k new jobs for our state, and high paying jobs at that for the working men and women of our state and our country, as well as billions a year in net revenue. The coal states have been trying for over a decade to get a port, and the left coast has blocked the effort all the way with lawsuits and political bullshit. Ports have been certified they will not cause water contamination, but they still get blocked by carbon based environmental regulations that they alone have, even when the products aren't going to be burned within thousands of miles of their land.

Imagine if we said no Oregon and Washington forestry products could be transited through our state because we're jealous they have trees and we don't, or more relatively that they're cutting down CO2 munchers. How about prohibiting California produce because we believe it's a gross misuse of water they don't really have rights to? What would be the response be to that? Exactly, it would be fought with the fervor it deserves.

So when someone from Wyoming tells a left coaster to fuck off, we mean it. It's not supposed to be personal towards them, but they made it personal to us.
Well that's just a bunch of crap...as far as those states not letting you market your coal to Asia by way of shutting down access to ports. WTF...CleElum WA wouldnt even exist if it wasnt for mining coal...who did THEY sell it too ? They didn't use ports within the state to do the same damn thing all those years ?

Annointed1, I do not know the details.....but, I believe that Redmanss is pretty accurate with his statement pertaining to coal shipments from west coast ports! memtb

Annointed1, I do not know the details.....but, I believe that Redmanss is pretty accurate with his statement pertaining to coal shipments from west coast ports! memtb
I'm not saying he's not...I just think it's hypocritical for WA State at least to bar activity like that when I'm sure they did the exact same thing. Hypocritical for WA State I mean. Like I said...they have a town that wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for mining coal...I know because I bought 25 acres just outside of it and come to find out it used to have an open field coal mine running right thru it lol. If I miss understood what you were saying my bad.

Reactions: memtb

That's the second half of the story of how they screwed one of our major industries over. The first half of that story is that the ignorant left coast hippies decided they weren't going to use coal fired power, and by continuing to push for "green" power they helped create the coal slump in the first place. Not to mention one of the left's goals was to put so many environmental regulations on coal it became less and less viable. Obama summed up their goal “If somebody wants to build a coal-fired power plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them,” obviously a distinction without a difference, what a smug jerk. So basically the left coast states actively pursue policies that kill one of our major industries, then when we get creative with it and decide we're going to sell it to Asia, they say "well, you can't use our ports". Their leaders (and by extension the majority of their residents who elected them) are bullies who literally could care less about anyone who does not have the same way of life that they do.

Their leaders (and by extension the majority of their residents who elected them) are bullies who literally could care less about anyone who does not have the same way of life that they do.
Well I sure as hell didn't elect them...but that battle's been lost for awhile now anyhow I guess =/

Annointed1, I believe that it is I that needs to apologize .....I misread your intentions in your post! It does appear that their actions to be rather hypocritical ! memtb

I keep thinking...where are all the like minded people at...this time the vote will be different finally...but...it just keeps getting worse /boggle...I guess like minded people have already moved out...just like what the OP is doing. Don't get me wrong I don't blame them/him...just hard to accept the defeat after being here 60 years...I've been on the same property for 53 years and even have a daughter buried in this area...guess I'm going to probably have to leave her behind =/

I keep thinking...where are all the like minded people at...this time the vote will be different finally...but...it just keeps getting worse /boggle...I guess like minded people have already moved out...just like what the OP is doing. Don't get me wrong I don't blame them/him...just hard to accept the defeat after being here 60 years...I've been on the same property for 53 years and even have a daughter buried in this area...guess I'm going to probably have to leave her behind =/
It is sad to watch. I am not very old and have already seen a pretty radical shift in my lifetime. I mean CA's electoral votes went to George Bush for crying out loud, it almost seems unthinkable that anyone other than an ultra lib could win there at this point. In my lifetime I've seen CO shift radically, MT seems like it's starting to, NM is gone, AZ is turning left, VA went from East coast hold out to all out lib, NC will probably be next. I know it's the major cities that decide all of these state's policies and elections, but it's still sad to see these cities take over some great places. Sorry about your daughter @Anointed1

Yeah I don't know what to say anymore to be honest...it sure seems like everything (undesirable change) has sped up considerably as of late =/

Ritz sporting goods has just about everything you could want, and that Southern section of the Big Horns is about the most beautiful place I've ever been. My buddy's dad has a cabin in Story that I helped build a lifetime ago. I can't even begin to remember all the little streams we fished, but if there was water moving there was trout in that water.

I'm jealous.

Annointed1, I too, am sorry for the loss of your daughter!

I left my area of birth many years. All of my immediate family is still there, including my children which elected to move back.....my grandchildren and now great grandchildren are all there. I wish there was some way to get them all here. But, they are comfortable where they are....which means they will likely choose submission over freedom! memtb