• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sheriffs Are Taking a Bold Stand Against Gun Control

This is the stance of pretty much all local law enforcement. Us "locals" overwhelmingly DO NOT support new gun legislation and have the backing on high from our Chiefs/ Sheriffs to not enforce the laws if enacted. The only locals saying they favor it are toolbox Superintendents of large PDs and they are more than likely only doing it due to the fact that they owe their position to political patronage. The AWB argument flies in the face of logic and everyone knows it.

It is worth noting that there are plenty of laws on the books, especially in the Federal statutes, that local PDs either don't or can't enforce. It may be looked at as "passing the buck", but it definitely "isn't us". Do you think we want to turn in our own ARs and 30 rounders? We often joke that we have the most well armed PD that we know of and it's not due to the PD's guns.

The Feds are a different story all together and we would rather not be lumped in with them. But, I would also venture a guess that your average "boots on the ground" Fed does want an AWB.

But, you could just go get a double barrel shotgun and cap rounds off of your balcony for self defense...

In El Dorado county in California, our local Sheriff sent that guy in the whitehouse, a letter telling him NOT to expect LE in this county to enforce any new laws ....many other counties in CA doing the same......imagine that.... there is still some hope for us out here on the west coast!!!

Knowledge is not power. Belief is power. Power is power.

Power is an illusion. It only truly exists where the people believe it exists. Anywhere else is a sham.

What if they extended a firearms ban, and nobody complied? Where is their power then?

Good questions, I think...

By me, but just as valid here as in the other thread...

You should always shake a politician's hand, because only then can you have a grip on the real problem.

When somebody insists on making us into criminals, it's time to put away the sheeps' clothing.

This is my rifle, this is my gun;

One is for teaching damned fools how to respect us citizens, the other is for fun...

Damn straight I will not go quietly into that night...

Would you? Should you? Will you?

Greg

Last edited:
I live in Illinois the only state without a concealed carry permit law. But we have alot of assistant states attorneys and police officers who say they won't arrest someone for carrying in their vehicles if they have them in a case. I know the Federal court has given the state 6 months to come up with a viable concealed carry law but they are fighting it in every way possible. It stems from all of Chicagos gun violence which mostly stems from street gangs and drug dealers over their territories. No sort of gun ban will ever stop them from shooting people.

Last edited: