• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Shimming a TacSol 22/45 Barrel?

RoosterShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2011
Kentucky
I picked up a Tactical Solutions 22/45 Barrel/Receiver this past week, and the fit is not exactly perfect. I talked to TacSol and they said that on the 22/45 there are minute variances in the polymer frames that cause there to be very minor play in some pistols.

Does anyone have any idea on how to shim it? Their tech won't be in for two weeks, and I kind of want to shoot it before then.
smile.gif

Re: Shimming a TacSol 22/45 Barrel?

This might sound a little ghetto, but I used some pieces of electrical tape on the frame, almost like a pressure pad that you see on some rifle stocks. I placed them at the forward part of the frame, which would ordinarily be considered a dust cover on most pistols. I think I used two layers and it fit perfect.

Re: Shimming a TacSol 22/45 Barrel?

I was instructed to peen the bottom of the reciever with a .25in punch until i got the desired fit. shims shouldn't be nessesary. mine slide on and off without touching anything. Don't be afraid to hit your puch hard. The aluminum is harder to massage then you might think. Make sure to test fit after each adjutment so you don't go too tight. You may want to remove your sites if you don't have a fixture that will hold it securely