• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Shipping a knife to Connecticut?

Yippeekiay

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2008
Connecticut
Just wondering if I bought a knife from someone here, would they be able to ship it to my residence in CT, legally, or have to go through a dealer or something. I looked but either can't find the answer or it's so ambiguously stated it doesn't make sense to my non-legal vernacular understanding. (pursuant to that is...)

Re: Shipping a knife to Connecticut?

Knives are not controlled. As long as it's legal in CT it will be fine to ship.

$5 flate rate box, plus insurance.

Simple....

It's a shame that the state of affairs there are so bad that you have to ask....

Unfortunately TN isn't much better on knives as automatics are illegal for civilian ownership/carry, so I carry a Glock instead!
laugh.gif

well it's gotta be illegal in Mass everything is controlled there!

UPS was pretty bright, they left my new Mercworx Sniper on top of my mailbox by the main street outside my house,,,,,luckily it was still there when I got home,,,,,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reloop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">UPS was pretty bright, they left my new Mercworx Sniper on top of my mailbox by the main street outside my house,,,,,luckily it was still there when I got home,,,,, </div></div>

UPS always does that, 99% of the time when they deliver something to our residence my wife is home and she doesn't know that it came because they don't even knock or ring the doorbell, nothing. Just drop the package and leave. People are getting so useless and F-in lazy it drives workaholics like myself nuts. Just yesterday afternoon I was going out my front door and didn't notce the package on top of our steps and almost tripped over it and took a nice fall down a flight of stairs.

If I track something of value for delivery, I may drive the area and intercept the UPS driver,,,,if I had the time,,,beat them to the punch.

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E3C3H3O3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reloop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">UPS was pretty bright, they left my new Mercworx Sniper on top of my mailbox by the main street outside my house,,,,,luckily it was still there when I got home,,,,, </div></div>

UPS always does that, 99% of the time when they deliver something to our residence my wife is home and she doesn't know that it came because they don't even knock or ring the doorbell, nothing. Just drop the package and leave. People are getting so useless and F-in lazy it drives workaholics like myself nuts. Just yesterday afternoon I was going out my front door and didn't notce the package on top of our steps and almost tripped over it and took a nice fall down a flight of stairs. </div></div>

If an automatic knife you cannot use the USPS.
UPS or FEDEX are OK. No law regulating ownership in CT just what you can carry re size. Also, cannot carry an automatic, gravity or dirk knife(unless on duty LE or paramedic).

In the Peoples Republic of California, a person can own an automatic, buts its illegal to purchase, sell or transport. An auto may be stored and carried on private property.

The question that i have is how does this knife get to the property if it cant be transported. How does the owner get his knife if he cant legally buy it? Perhaps it can be a gift, then magically appear on private property?

Searcher The question that i have is how does this knife get to the property if it cant be transported. How does the owner get his knife if he cant legally buy it? Perhaps it can be a gift said:
Santa Claus as viable entity.

No, it's just a Becker BK11. Hell's it barely qualifies as a knife.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Knives are not controlled. As long as it's legal in CT it will be fine to ship. </div></div>

As long you aren't carrying one that has a 4.01" blade as it's considered a dangerous weapon in CT, EH Robby boy?