• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Shipping a USO scope out of country to France? Any regulations laws etc?

Kubitza123

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
Central Texas near Waco
I have a guy interested in buying the USO I have for sale that lives in France.

Seems like somewhere on military optics before I've seen regulations or something on shipping the out of the country?? Maybe not.

If there's not any great but if anyone knows of some reason I might have a problem please let me know.

Thanks Mark

It's called ITAR and yes there are restrictions. Call USO and they can tell you specifically for that scope what the deal is. You'll need the number on the bottom of the scope.

Cheers,

Doc

Hello one and all. I am quiet set on a USO scope but live in Aus. What was the conclusion to this? Is it possible for you to ship internationally? Thank you.

Yeah mate, you can get US optics scopes in Australia as I have several of their scopes, US optics themselves will sell direct to you but there is an export fee of $500 dollars from memory but you would be better off confirming that with them.

Australia is one of only 2 countries the UK being the other that gets exempt from a lot of the ITAR regulations and export dramas we are also in zone 0 as far as the remaining ITAR rules goes which loosely means no restrictions on non military items. The full ITAR rules and regs can be found at the US state departments website it's a long and boring read and can be quite confusing the problem with buying from the US is sometimes it's just too damn hard for the seller to be bothered shipping shit overseas when they have such a large market domestically.

Also Euro Optics is fantastic to deal with and have the ITAR shit well and truly sorted out they will be able to tell you what can and cant be sent

Last edited: