• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Shipping Problems

Iron Worker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2005
Nevada
What shipping problem have members had . I sold a Ruger Red Label to someone in WA . My local gun shop satisfied all FFL laws between gun shops. It was sent through Fedex, a tracking number was generated . It arrived 2 days later and was loaded on truck out for delivery . Gone, never arrived ! I've opened up a missing package claim ,they said "They opened up and investigation 12 days ago" Package has been missing for 17 days now.

• Angry
Reactions: GreenMan345
What shipping problem have members had . I sold a Ruger Red Label to someone in WA . My local gun shop satisfied all FFL laws between gun shops. It was sent through Fedex, a tracking number was generated . It arrived 2 days later and was loaded on truck out for delivery . Gone, never arrived ! I've opened up a missing package claim ,they said "They opened up and investigation 12 days ago" Package has been missing for 17 days now.

USPS is a total disaster right now. Multiple packages looking to be a week or more late.

haven’t had any issues with UPS, yet

USPS is a total disaster right now. Multiple packages looking to be a week or more late.

haven’t had any issues with UPS, yet
OP said he shipped it via fedex....

For OP. If your local ffl shipped it. If they charged you some stupid $100 to satisfy “all FFL laws”—which there are NONE. They are now financially liable for it. Since they are the ones who you contracted to ship it and they contracted Fedex. Its entirely their problem. And I would hang their asses out for it.

Usually if you contact FEDEX or UPS. Escalate to a supervisor. Then ask for a point of contact for the ATF for the agent to contact them regarding the firearm they lost or delivered to a child—magically they mysteriously find it. Like quickly. Its amazing.

But I would hang the FFL out for sure for taking advantage of you for not knowing any better...

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
I would agree with YotaEer and would not ship anything usps that was worth a substantial amount of money. FedEx and UPS have still been good, but I would insure big ticket items.

Reactions: YotaEer
I would have either FFL report it to the ATF, and let FedEx know that the ATF is involved, it will put a fire under their ass in trying to locate it.

Reactions: zenbike
Always ship high dollar value items with ups. Not Fedex or USPS. UPS will pay out if you bought insurance if you know the trick. The other two will not. Nor can they be compelled to. UPS can be compelled

Always ship high dollar value items with ups. Not Fedex or USPS. UPS will pay out if you bought insurance if you know the trick. The other two will not. Nor can they be compelled to. UPS can be compelled

UPS lost a barrel I shipped back in May, and I'm still waiting for them to pay up on the insurance. Every time I call, they lie to me saying it's been paid and a check sent out, which never arrives, or they tell me I need to refile the claim, which I've done several times.

UPS lost a barrel I shipped back in May, and I'm still waiting for them to pay up on the insurance. Every time I call, they lie to me saying it's been paid and a check sent out, which never arrives, or they tell me I need to refile the claim, which I've done several times.

File a small claim against this guy in your state and have him served:
CD192FFA-384A-4A5B-BD1D-94AE4A59405A.jpg

They will pay IMMEDIATELY

I’m going through an issue now with FedEx.

I bought a scope and the member sent it out with FedEx insured and SIGNATURE required.

I took off work the day it was supposed to be delivery. Amazon delivered 3 packages, UPS delivered 1 package, FedEx did not deliver the ONE package I took a vacation day for.

But here is the kicker.

I get the notification saying package was delivered uummmm nope no package delivered at my house.

I call the seller to send me a picture of the signature. Yuuuuppp you guested a curved line with a name that is not mine nor any of my neighbors.

I started the lost package procedures right away. I’m going on 6 days now without my scope.

FedEx has a real problem with the SIGNATURE required as today I had another scope delivered that was signature required. My dog started barking at the door. No knock or ring of the door bell. I opened my door to check out why my dog was barking. You guessed it leaning against my door was the scope that i purchased, and the FedEx truck driving off.

So yes FEDEX is jacked up right now. I just hope they honor their insurance policy. Luckily for me the seller still had his original purchase receipt which is a MUST have for the claim.

Yes. Why do you think I was suggesting it did?

Ive had it work even threatening it.

UPS legal is very easy to get in touch with. Ask them for his address so he can be served because it says its his personal responsibility right there. You just need to get the info to perfect service for your small claims court filing

Reactions: Maggot and jymbeux
I figured you did as you respond to another post to do something else involving court matters.

Which I took your advice and as you suggested it worked just like you said it would.

Don’t even know why I would question you @bachelorjack

Fedex people said they will credit me regardless that I didn't pay for insurance . I like the one about mentioning a ATF agent .

Reactions: Holliday
Whenever shipping with UPS anything of real value, always insure for over $1000. This kicks in chain of custody paperwork that follows the package. This decreases the chance of loss dramatically.

I always put two labels on too. This discourages a worker from slapping a label over yours to redirect the package.

I have been told by a museum to avoid shipping across a weekend too.

Finally my philosophy on packaging is that I should be able to drop the package from a two story window onto concrete without damage or breaking open. Also tape is cheap (compared to loss) Tape the fucking shit out of it. ALWAYS tape over your label!

The tough part of this is carrier services are all over the place throughout the country. USPS here sucks, but I now have the post masters personal cell. I don't have an single issue now. FedEx is awesome here, and UPS... well They can choke on a cock.

I know some places FedEx is horrible and UPS is perfect... you never know. Both UPS and FedEx have certain insurance levels that kick in chain of custody. I always insure to full retail and if under 1000 and I always make it over 1000 to activate that.

I’m going through an issue now with FedEx.

I bought a scope and the member sent it out with FedEx insured and SIGNATURE required.

I took off work the day it was supposed to be delivery. Amazon delivered 3 packages, UPS delivered 1 package, FedEx did not deliver the ONE package I took a vacation day for.

But here is the kicker.

I get the notification saying package was delivered uummmm nope no package delivered at my house.

I call the seller to send me a picture of the signature. Yuuuuppp you guested a curved line with a name that is not mine nor any of my neighbors.

I started the lost package procedures right away. I’m going on 6 days now without my scope.

FedEx has a real problem with the SIGNATURE required as today I had another scope delivered that was signature required. My dog started barking at the door. No knock or ring of the door bell. I opened my door to check out why my dog was barking. You guessed it leaning against my door was the scope that i purchased, and the FedEx truck driving off.

So yes FEDEX is jacked up right now. I just hope they honor their insurance policy. Luckily for me the seller still had his original purchase receipt which is a MUST have for the claim.

I asked the delivery guys about the signature packages being left on my porch. Every carrier has said they stopped collecting actual signatures because of "COVID". So the drivers are signing for them and leaving it wherever. Total waste of money to pay extra for that.

fedex has delivered nearly 90% of all packages received by me, or sent by me - ( requiring direct signature (on the receipt and package) - but didnt collect a signature of any kind. I dont think they care if it needs a signature or not.

Reactions: Iron Worker
I asked the delivery guys about the signature packages being left on my porch. Every carrier has said they stopped collecting actual signatures because of "COVID". So the drivers are signing for them and leaving it wherever. Total waste of money to pay extra for that.

I signed for 2 UPS packages today. One from Mile High, one from a member here. But FedEx just left it on my door step.

I shipped an H-59 XRS2 on the 10th of October VIA Usps. It never got delivered and I doubt I’m getting paid. It was insured. I filed a service request after it sat for 5 days with no tracking activity. I filed the insurance claim 16 days after I shipped it. I bet I have had 50 phone conversations with 5 different people with zero progress. I have already sent the member who I traded with $1250. I will never ship another package of value with usps, which sucks because it’s the only place in town.

Im getting refunds for postage from UPS (I do not use FEDEX because they are awful here) for every adult signature or restricted delivery package they do not obtain a signature for. Full refunds. They credit my account. I dont push them for insurance claims because I dont use UPS insurance for my insurance on UPS packages. And dont want to lose my UPS discount rate.

Every signature confirmation USPS delivery without signature I treat as a lost package and file $50 insurance claims. They mail paper checks.

None of them are exempt from fufilling their contractual obligations because of the pandemic. But you will need to hold them to it.

Have a claim with ups now for
Over a month. I am going to try this trick.
About two years ago they lost 800 rounds of 308 ammo. In the notes it said package damages and disposed of. That all suck

If anyone is sending items out with a signature required. Good luck. FedEx, UPS and I believe USPS are supposed to be having a face to face interaction with a customer if that option is enabled. They will then write in the customer's name and sign their tablet as CV-19. Sometimes in a few cases drivers leave packages with signature required without a face to face interaction at all.

I deal with this every week. I've lost nearly every claim on those packages where they were left without an interaction with the customer as well. Even though the signature required option is enabled.

My suggestion is to expedite the shipping and send it 2 day. The less time in the mail stream the better. Also, re-directing a package with a signature to a FedEx or UPS store is ideal, but also prone to abuse/fraud.

Here is one of mine. It stipulated adult signature required. As you can see—they did not obtain a signature. Full refund for charges. I did not try to hassle them for the $100. Because it was delivered. I know the guy got it. But they failed to collect the signature of someone 21. So they breached contract on shipping charges. Hence refund.

1Z738V2XA831988925

My new trigger tech Black Friday gold trigger was delivered to the wrong address recently by usps. I called immediately about it and all they said we will check to if they left it in their mail box and call you they had a gps marker showing they delivered it to the wrong address (this is like the 10th time they have did this).No call back so I called the postal inspector and filed a mail theft claim. As soon as the investigation started I got a phone call saying they got my package back. Now all of my packages are held at the local facility for pick up. The whole mail/package carriers not being liable for lost is bs if you ask me. Why do I have to pay for a service and have it not be completed and only get my money returned for their negligence if I buy insurance? Bulls shit flag is at full mast on that.

Does anyone who we can file a complaint against at FEDEX
FedEx drivers are contractors. Each of them is an independent business, running their own truck. No one is responsible for their losses except the driver. And it's common for drivers to shortcut signature required stuff by signing for it themselves using whatever name is on the label and leaving it at a lobby door or somewhere that they think it will be delivered. I lost a PC that way

Fed Ex is a fucking disaster right now. Their the worst in my area. I've had 3 packages delivered to my neighbor. Then they flat out fucking lied and said a 2x package was attempted delivered & it wasn't, 2 days later I got delivery notification & nada. 2 days later I get 1 fed ex delivery from normal truck (not the missing packages) & 1 hour later a fucking youhaul/fed ex truck pulls up with 1 of the 2x missing package. It looked like a front end loader dumped the shit in the back. I spent about 5 minutes digging through the mess looking for the second pc...............it arrived 3 days later.

I guess what I was trying to say in the above is it's liable to show eventually!

Hell it took 8 days shipping to get bullets from PVA & that is a 3hr drive from me.

OP said he shipped it via fedex....

For OP. If your local ffl shipped it. If they charged you some stupid $100 to satisfy “all FFL laws”—which there are NONE. They are now financially liable for it. Since they are the ones who you contracted to ship it and they contracted Fedex. Its entirely their problem. And I would hang their asses out for it.

Usually if you contact FEDEX or UPS. Escalate to a supervisor. Then ask for a point of contact for the ATF for the agent to contact them regarding the firearm they lost or delivered to a child—magically they mysteriously find it. Like quickly. Its amazing.

But I would hang the FFL out for sure for taking advantage of you for not knowing any better...
Hang my FFL ? My FFL is my local gunsmith that has built me a few precision accurate rifles,1st class craftsmanship............ Anyhow I like what you said about asking for a point of contact with an ATF agent .

Hang my FFL ?
Did he lead you to believe you needed to pay him to ship it so as to comply with ffl laws. If so—Hang his ass. You could have mailed it yourself the same as a fishing pole. For the same price as mailing a shipping pole of the same size and weight.

Ive grown intollerant of FFL’s misleading customers who trust them. Making up shit and charging bullshit fees. Your post lead me to believe you were another victim of this behavior.

If you didnt mail it—someone else did on your behalf, FEDEX does not and likely will not deal with you. Because you have no contract with them. Someone else does. At no point in your dealings with FEDEX does who actually owns the item matter...

Well he charged me the shipping fee ? Ya I just googled it ,your right . Fedex people said a few times that I will be credited . Were they saying that just to get me off the phone?

Last edited:
If you didnt ship it. You did not contract with fedex. They will not do anything for YOU. Period.

They may credit whomever shipped it. No telling. If they send a check it will be to the name of whomever bought the postage. Which is not YOU.

Everything fedex says to you—they are not actually saying to the person who contracted them. So it does not count.

All to often these FFL’s who mislead their customers to make a buck refuse to put in the work to sort out these problems when they do happen. To actually earn that money. I had something similar happen to me believe it or not. It did not end well which is why this topic has me riled.

I really hope this works out for you. I really do.

Reactions: Iron Worker
Okay so they make a check out to my gun shop that sent it then, maybe ? Also when I talked to them ,I should mention they provide a contact name with the ATF ? Thank you for responding to my thread .

I ordered some stuff from Scheels and it's on its way. I've been watching the tracking and just laughing. I live in Peoria, about an hour from the Phoenix distribution center. It's been in transit to the next facility for 3 days for what should be a 1 hour drive.

December 13, 2020
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
December 10, 2020, 5:44 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 10, 2020, 5:23 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 9, 2020, 4:17 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
KANSAS CITY KS NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 9, 2020, 3:57 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
KANSAS CITY MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 8, 2020, 7:02 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
KANSAS CITY MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 8, 2020, 5:47 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
OVERLAND PARK, KS 66223
December 7, 2020, 6:18 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
OVERLAND PARK, KS 66223

Something really wrong going on with the USPS.

they want a bailout so, they have to have problems...

I shipped a package on 11/28 that still hasn’t delivered and was supposed to be a 2 day priority delivery. Just checked this morning, still on way to next facilit and it’s been 15 days.

Reactions: GreenMan345
Something really wrong going on with the USPS.

Ummm...it's the holidays, people are not travelling so they're ordering their gifts online or mailing their gifts, instead? Pretty much with any commercial carrier. I've been waiting on about three packages for days. All of them are stuck somewhere. For now, I'll be patient. There's nothing I can do about it.

they want a bailout so, they have to have problems...

I shipped a package on 11/28 that still hasn’t delivered and was supposed to be a 2 day priority delivery. Just checked this morning, still on way to next facilit and it’s been 15 days.

Yeah, they screwed me out of $80 this summer by losing a package. Tripod I just sold hasn't been updated since the day I shipped it. I'm done with usps...never again.

You almost sounded smart but we are not in a third world country and this is not the first Christmas ever in human history. There's a way of things that help keep things in order. Ask yourself how does FedEx and UPS do it ?

By handling less packages than USPS. ;)

We ship UPS and USPS.

Only issue we're seeing with UPS is drivers scanning packages as delivered a few stops in advance. So if someone is really eagerly tracking something, occasionally it shows delivered 20-30 minutes before it actually is.

USPS we use for lower value/weight items. About 1/20 end up delayed, sometimes 1-2 weeks at a time. They always end up delivered, they're just late sometimes. I've also experienced it with personal purchases. Had an item that took 10 days to go from KC to STL metro, and am currently waiting on an item that shipped on 12/1.