• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shmedium Game Changer

jsimonh

Minuteman
Feb 4, 2011
Altus, Oklahoma
Just saw this little gem tonight and ordered one. Right in the middle of the OG and pint with heavy fill. I always thought that the pint was solid but didn't care for the way it fit on anything bigger than a couple of inches wide. Hoping this new bag is the ticket! Did a search and didn't see anything, sorry if this has been posted already.

I used mine at k&m this past weekend and it done really well off the barricades. It was a little bit too much for anything prone for me but everything else it worked excellent.

I got one last week. I immediately took the sand out and put the regular beads in it like they use the regular size GC. weighed 9.38lb with sand, 3.88lb with regular beads. (a regular GC weighs about 6lb)

will be using it for the first time in a match this weekend. I've only dry fired with it and used it as a rear bag so far. but i think it's gonna be a winner.

Have you got a link to it. I can't find it on their website

Have you got a link to it. I can't find it on their website

Well I was interested enough to try one. I thought the pint size was a bit too small when I got to borrow one at a match and just handling the original it seemed way to unwieldy. I am interested to see how it will perform as a rear bag. I am still trying to find that perfect bag that works well on barricades and works as a rear bag. I hate carrying so much shit around at matches.

Reactions: MOshooter
Wish there was a sticky version of the Shmedium..love my Waxed Canvas full-size, but some sticky panels would also be great to have.

Wish there was a sticky version of the Shmedium..love my Waxed Canvas full-size, but some sticky panels would also be great to have.

i wish they'd use something similar to the grippy side of the wiebad mini fortune cookie. it's like a black rubbery material. the "sticky" material AG uses on their sticky bags is nice - but i don't see many people using them and they all say the same thing - you drop that thing in the dirt and it's a mess. everything sticks to it.

My initial impression is disappointment. Its not near as stable as my WC Mini Fortune Cookie. I might try to let some of the fill out to see if that helps.

i wish they'd use something similar to the grippy side of the wiebad mini fortune cookie. it's like a black rubbery material. the "sticky" material AG uses on their sticky bags is nice - but i don't see many people using them and they all say the same thing - you drop that thing in the dirt and it's a mess. everything sticks to it.

I've got the Wiebad "milk toast" bag, and love that black rubber-type material. Might be worthwhile to source some material and stitch a hybrid bag together.

Reactions: Olen_4504
Mine will be here Wednesday and I have a match on Saturday. I'm hoping to be able to post a comparison between the Shmedium and the pint size next weekend.

Quick update. Was able to do a little dry firing tonight with the shmedium. I removed roughly 1lb of the fill to get it to settle a little flatter on common sized baricade stuff. As it came, it tended to hump up some. Anyways, I've had all the game changers at this point, all of them lol. The one I still have and use is the original one I bought from Reasor Precision when they first came out. I will not get rid of that bag, but the shmedium is an outstanding addition and will probably take its place in my pack. Using it on my baricade its rock solid, like cement solid when it settles. On the 1" tubes I have it didn't fair as well and kept rounding where my Reasor original would still provide a flat surface. On the few larger items I tried it on it was solid as hell layed on its side. I need to do some live fire with it and maybe a match or 2 but I think they got a winner on their hands for sure.

I've got some "regular" heavy fill and debated on putting it in there but I think removing about a pound of the sand was the sweet spot.

Reactions: 4066.5

I've dropped my pint size sticky in dirt plenty of times, it's not hard to clean the dirt off.

Didn’t know there was one with the railchanger attachment loops already sewn in. Awesome.

Mine will be here Wednesday and I have a match on Saturday. I'm hoping to be able to post a comparison between the Shmedium and the pint size next weekend.

Hello David. So how do you like that bag compared to the pint-sized one? I've been looking at both. Thanks

Hello David. So how do you like that bag compared to the pint-sized one? I've been looking at both. Thanks
I got my Shmedium today and it has the support of a brick compared to my pint size. The fabric is so stiff I would consider it un usable. I will be contacting armageddon gear and I hope they can sort it out

Reactions: STex
I got my Shmedium today and it has the support of a brick compared to my pint size. The fabric is so stiff I would consider it un usable. I will be contacting armageddon gear and I hope they can sort it out
They come over-filled. I dumped .5-1 pound of sand and it became perfectly pliable for me. Hope you get it sorted, it really is a great bag

Just like the previous statement. Over filled on purpose dump a little out. Everyone that tried mine bought one.

Reactions: david8989
Ditto above, took quite a bit of sand out, and the fabric is just as supple as my WC PSGC.

They come over-filled. I dumped .5-1 pound of sand and it became perfectly pliable for me. Hope you get it sorted, it really is a great bag
The problem isnt how much fill is in it the waxed canvas is aboit as pliable as cardboard. Changing sand in it doesn't change that. My pint size is so soft when you sit a rifle on it it forms the pattern of every bolt hole and every indentation in the bottom of your stock. This with the heavy fill is what makes it so stable. My Shmedium makes a cordura bag seem like its made from goose down

That doesn't sound right McMillan. Send it to AG and ask to exchange it for a softer one, they are quick and will do you right. I once had to send a sticky heavy back to remove some sand because it was sown together with too much fill. They were quick and friendly.
Here's a AREA419 rail and the action screw hole visible imprinted. You're right the fabric is a bit thicker, but to me it's just as pliable.
The Rail settles in and locks down just like my psgc.
MVIMG_20200720_074707.jpg

Let us know how that works out McMillan. Good luck.

The problem isnt how much fill is in it the waxed canvas is aboit as pliable as cardboard. Changing sand in it doesn't change that. My pint size is so soft when you sit a rifle on it it forms the pattern of every bolt hole and every indentation in the bottom of your stock. This with the heavy fill is what makes it so stable. My Shmedium makes a cordura bag seem like its made from goose down

Take some of the sand out and beat on the bag a bit. Trust me, the fabric will break in.

Reactions: Mxridr

Waxed canvas is like leather, it needs to be broken in. It's like a carhart jacket, needs to be slapped around a bit like a cheap whore before it treats you right

I've got one of these one the way. Haven't handled one but have heard nothing but good things about em. Buddy has a pint sized but I feel that's a little too small in some cases. Interested to see how the material feels compared to @McMillan's bag.

So update on mine. I've beat shot out of it every day for hours a day. It has now come up super super soft. Almost too soft so I have re waxed it with otter wax and it's now great.
I'm not sure if I like it yet. So far I'm more stable using my pint size but I'm going to give it a few months training to see if that is jist because it's new and I'm not use to it.

Got to borrow one at a PRS match Saturday. The perfect size. Used it on a support side 10 shot stage. First time ever firing support side and my first PRS match, I got 8 out of 10 shots at 600 yards. Would have cleaned it if I didn't time out, probably. Just not used to getting myself situated in all the situations.

I also did really well when I used my own Hanes sock filled with rice "bags", hahah. The larger almost "air puff" like bags I didn't like much.

Reactions: silphidae