• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Shoot something

redirt78

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2011
Georgia ***USA***
Went out last Sunday to test some holdovers on the G2 and this coyote showed up before I could get a target set out. He was trotting into a 3-5mph wind at 415 yards. I held the lead and used the 2 mil mark that I mapped with the free Strelok app as 412 yards. Dropped him. This was the first time aiming out in front of something and getting a good hit. I have sent a few coyotes into high gear over the years at long range. Probably the best shot I have ever put on a moving animal. Getting him skull mounted for the memory.

The hog made the mistake of showing up right before dark at 330 yards Monday afternoon while I was deer hunting. She was also moving but it was a much easier shot. I had the shoot something itch and this has helped but I can't lie, I still have it. Need a giant buck to go with these.

Re: Shoot something

Great shooting. That is a tough shot on a moving coyote. I have put more than a few into high gear.Lol.
grin.gif

Regards, Paul

I wanna level a coyote soooooooooo bad!!!

Time to start politely approaching property owners... After the deer season of course!

Thanks guys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifle specs?

How do you like that PWS brake? </div></div>

Rem700 barrel/action in a Manners T5 90% carbon fiber with Badger mini chassis. Tactical profile barrel. Cut and threaded down to 18" by Accurate Ordnance. Bushnell 3.5-21x G2DMR that I got on slow pay from GAP, Seekins 20 base and Rings, USO level, Atlas bipod and Troy two point QD padded sling. I wear it muzzle down, ready to shoot on the way to and from my stands. The bungee and pad in the sling make it carry lighter than it is. Never weighed it but I really don't mind the weight. I like the PWS on it. Barely kicks, nice and loud though. I got them to make a thread protector but now that it is cooling off I just wear the Pro Ears. Maybe Georgia will pass suppressors for hunting and my Templar Tactical Archangel will be here by this time next year. I like the hell out of the whole setup. Shooting Southwest ammo 175 SMK and 180 Gamekings right now

I think the sling is the only part of this rifle that did not come used from a Hide member or new from a vendor here. Thanks to everyone here who has parts on this gun

I feel like a dickhead for not first and foremost giving you props on your kills!!!
grin.gif

I'm just tryin to get opinions/feelers on .30 cal brakes (that include a peel washer ect.)

My bitch jumps hard as hell to the left, even with proper bipod loading!!! Just need something for a temporary filler until I choose a suppressor.

MMM Bacon does Georgia require the salvage of hogs or are they shoot on sight and leave em where they lie if you want like some other states? I cant wait to get down to the lower 48 again up here in AK the only predator hunting we have is fox and arctic fox which is fun but I want to get down for some yotes and dogs.