• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooter ballistic app for iPhone questions

kill_goose

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2010
MT
Ive had "Shooter" for several years on an Android.

I recently had to get an iPhone for work. First thing I did was get Shooter on it.

Ive been playing with it, and maybe im missing it, but are you not able to change wind calls from degrees to the clock method in this version? Im very used to calling it by the clock versus by degrees.

Thanks

Ideally I would like one that would take my position via GPS and add in temp - humidity -wind speed and altitude data to my calculation. Is that asking too much??

You can adjust a clock style wind call with it, it's not obvious but it is in the menu.

Do this and tell me if this is what you are asking:
Go ahead and calculate your shot....
You now get the default Table.
Click Solution.
Your now in the solution screen with the scrolling yardage, mph, and degrees.

From this screen, look to the upper right corner. Click the arrow.
Your Wind Dial will show up after clicking the arrow in the "clock" format your wanting. I fuck'n love shooter. All of Litz' trajectories match my handloads best.

Ideally I would like one that would take my position via GPS and add in temp - humidity -wind speed and altitude data to my calculation. Is that asking too much??

Mega, shooter does some of this. Follow the same instructions as I posted for kill-goose, and click the "atmosphere from station" button.

On the initial speed where you are entering everything in if you click on the space where you enter the wind a "Wind Input" screen will pop up with an arrow pointing in the wind direction that you can swing around to match whatever the direction is and then you can drag in or out from the center to increase or decrease velocity.

Go to your settings locate the shooter icon. Under units of measurement you will see wind angle unit. Change it to clock.

They will all get you close....but for me, none of these apps are as accurate as actual range data.

I had the icon for shooter disappear. It is still installed as I can go into settings and make changes to the settings. Anybody have any idea how I can get my icon back and get the app to work?