• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Shooter ready <Game>

Re: Shooter ready <Game>

The price will not be too much more than the previous version and will be announced when it is ready to ship. I've held the price at $39 for the last 7 years so it's time for a small increase.

Those who have purchased the CD since Nov 1, 2009, will be recieving an offer for a reduced rate on the new version. Since the new version is completely new with all new stages I won't be offering an upgrade price otherwise. There just isn't a way to keep track of all the buyers from over the years. I'm hoping that not too many people will be unhappy with that.
Karin

I have used shooter ready two for years and think that it was worth much more than the price I paid for it. With ammo costs up so much, this program would be a deal at an increased price. To get the real world feedback it would take hundreds of rounds of ammo, tons of range trips and access to various ranges and targets. I'm standing in line!! Can't wait!!

Josh

Karin
Would there be a chance of a "Group Buy" here for the Hide?
You may be able to get a lot more of these out there?????

By the way sign me up either way?
Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooterready</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The price will not be too much more than the previous version and will be announced when it is ready to ship. I've held the price at $39 for the last 7 years so it's time for a small increase.

Those who have purchased the CD since Nov 1, 2009, will be recieving an offer for a reduced rate on the new version. Since the new version is completely new with all new stages I won't be offering an upgrade price otherwise. There just isn't a way to keep track of all the buyers from over the years. I'm hoping that not too many people will be unhappy with that.
Karin </div></div>

The only way to give a quantity discount is if they are all sent to the same address. However, during the year I often have sales. I'll be sure to post it here when that happens. I'm still making decisions on all of this as I go. There may an introductory sale for the first week or so. I'll be sure to keep you posted.
Thanks for your support.
Karin

I would be interested in the new version, I have been piddling with the online Sim Demo and btween it and my touch with bullet flight I am getting pretty good at getting first round hits.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tag for when the new version is released. </div></div>
Ditto
cool.gif

standing by for this, should be good

You are a genius Karin!!

Great software and it really helps my shooting. Thanks.

-Mike

I've added demos for the new version and announced an order and shipping date. Notice that I will be offering the CD at the original price for one week beginning Jan. 20. Let me know if you encounter any problems with the site or demos. Thanks!
ShooterReady.com
Karin

I have both of the older CD versions, lots of fun to use. Glad to see you are upgrading them.

Website seems to be down, can't wait to check all the new stuff out.

Well, that's great timing. It was up 30 minutes ago. I'll try to find out what's going. The host was talking about moving the servers but that's not supposed to happen for a month.

What is wrong with the resolution on the Demo? It's super small. Looks pretty cool from what I can tell from the screenshots.
smile.gif

It'd be good if it were full screen like you say boomer. I have a 22" screen and it's pretty small.

How about this, If someone were to send in there old version then they get a discount for an upgrade. That way you know who has the original. Just a thought.

The images are pixel based. If the size was infinite then I'd have to make each file about 10 megs to accommodate the giant jpgs not to mention the 2 years it would take to render them out. It will resize with your browser up to its full size. Size was the main complaint about the previous version. So, I made it three times bigger and people still aren't happy. Remember, it's not the size of the tool that counts, it's how you use it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master_Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about this, If someone were to send in there old version then they get a discount for an upgrade. That way you know who has the original. Just a thought.</div></div>

This is the reason for the sale. It's a whole new version. Everything is new, all the stages are new. You could use both of them (or all three of them) and have a unique challenge with each stage.

shooterready,

From your web-site FAQ:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the CD run on a Macintosh?
The CD contains a Mac folder with the necessary files to run on Mac OSX. (testing on Snow Leopard will be completed on January 16, 2010).</div></div>

Would you provide a "Snow Leopard" update on this, say, Monday?

OMG, the new demos are very tiny...they show up like 1"x1" on my screen and I'm on a 15.4" laptop screen.

*It's a problem with Firefox, push CTRL & + to zoom in. Works fine with Internet Explorer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG, the new demos are very tiny...they show up like 1"x1" on my screen and I'm on a 15.4" laptop screen.

*It's a problem with Firefox, push CTRL & + to zoom in. Works fine with Internet Explorer.</div></div>

Thanks for this information. I use a 17 inch monitor at a resolution of 1024 X 1280 and it fills the screen. I'll post this information on the demo page. Can anyone else confirm this? What browsers are you using. Thanks, Karin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shooterready,

From your web-site FAQ:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the CD run on a Macintosh?
The CD contains a Mac folder with the necessary files to run on Mac OSX. (testing on Snow Leopard will be completed on January 16, 2010).</div></div>

Would you provide a "Snow Leopard" update on this, say, Monday? </div></div>

Maybe sooner.
Karin

In nearly any browser, you can right click on the flash object, and select "zoom" as well.

Its what I'm having to do.

I'm in the hospital right now, and my woman is in labor.
smile.gif
I was delighted to see a new version of shooter ready, so I'm running the demo on my 10" netbook.
smile.gif

Up and playing now, and I can see it. But.... unless I’m understanding the wind direction wrong, its off. This is on the mil-mil stage, wind is out of 0730 but in order to hit you have to hold for 0430 wind. Velocity is right, direction isn’t.

MOA/MOA seems to be the same as well.

The arrow points toward the direction that wind comes from, like a weather vane. So the wind is a 1:30 wind. You are seeing it as a 7:30 wind. This has been a problem for some of the testers. It is explained on the full version, but I will add the explaination to the introduction for the online demos.
Karin

I guess I was having the same problem as the other firefox users. It was super small even with zoom lol. Thanks for fixing the issue. I will be buying shortly!!

It would be a nice addition if there were a "widescreen" optimized version.

Every single one of my computers, whether it be laptop, desktop, or netbook has a widescreen display.

Lord knows it sure would make it easier to use on a 10" netbook screen. I have to constantly zoom in, and zoom out, and scroll the screen around. Just a suggestion.

Secondly... you REALLY need to get setup with a shopping cart that allows digital download capability, so that people can pay via CC and download the licensed program. This order, and wait for a CD thing doesn't really fit. There are several solutions available, and if you need... I would gladly help you get it setup.

Karin,
Ordering...How do you send funds for the special? What is your email address(for Gunpal, etc.) or physical address (I live just up the road from you), so I can mail a check.

Thanks, the new version looks GREAT!!

-Mike

HI Mike, the ordering links will be available late in the date on Thursday. Paypal at least frowns on preorder payments. But, four or five days in advance is not a problem. I also want to be absolutely certain that it will be ready to ship before I start taking orders.

The new simulation will never be available as a download. To do this I would have to have it a registerable product which is a whole occupation in of itself. I used to allow a download for some with the previous version. I now set aside a half a day a week emailing torrent sites to have the files removed, only to have them reappear a few days later. It became a huge problem.

It might be a hassle to wait a few days for the CD to arrive but that's how it's going to be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You use paypal for payment? Why not get setup on gunpal? Paypal is the fucking devil incarnate.</div></div>
I guess you haven't been to the website. Gunpal payments will be coming soon. Their sign up requirements for businesses are much more strict that Paypal so it may take some time. Personally, I like Paypal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooterready</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You use paypal for payment? Why not get setup on gunpal? Paypal is the fucking devil incarnate.</div></div>
I guess you haven't been to the website. Gunpal payments will be coming soon. Their sign up requirements for businesses are much more strict that Paypal so it may take some time. Personally, I like Paypal. </div></div>

I was there, just didn't read that part apparently.

Your personal feelings about paypal aside, they are a company that is openly against firearm owners. It would be good of you to think of that, considering who your product targets. I'll be ordering during the week of the sale, but I damn sure will not use paypal.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Your personal feelings about paypal aside, they are a company that is openly against firearm owners. It would be good of you to think of that, considering who your product targets. I'll be ordering during the week of the sale, but I damn sure will not use paypal.
wink.gif
</div></div>

It's not a personal feeling it's a business choice. However, given your strong convictions it would make it hard to ship it to you since I use the US Postal service which is a branch of the largest, strongest anti-firearm, anti-firearm owners' agency in the country. I could UPS it but that would be three times the cost. And, then you probably can't pay by check or money order because that would require you to use the above mentioned anti-gun postal service to send it, unless you want to send it with FedEx or UPS, but that's against government regulations in order to protect the USPS monopoly.

And, given your strong convictions you probably don't even have a bank account since it would be against your principles to pay federal income taxes which support the strongest anti-firearm, anti-firearm owners' agency in the country.

Givemeabreak. If Gunpal can capitalize on Paypal's name and success then I can capitalize on the fact that Paypal makes it easy to accept payments without, unlike Gunpal, turning over my federal id numbers. And, until they do so I will keep on using them. I'm up in the air about Gunpal's policies at the moment. Paypal is not openly against firearms, they made the decision to not (knowingly) process payments for firearms transactions. If they were against firearms I wouldn't be doing the kind of business I do with them.

I've only had a couple of people complain about Paypal. One was using a (very antigun) AOL email address which blocks emails from shooterready so I couldn't respond. Another one who called was a government employee who was in a hurry to go pick up his kids from a government indoctrination babysitting school. That one cracked me up. Then there was the military guy who works for the above mentioned anti-firearms agency and is not allowed to have a firearm on his person while off duty.

If you are going to have a conviction go all the way, baby. Make some REAL sacrifices.

With that said I'm going over and out here. Too much work to do. Thanks for the positive input from the few and the help with working out some of the bugs on the website.

Karin Christensen
Shooterready.com

I have spent so much time on the demo version, I feel like I should pay you the money anyway. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate the time and effort you have put into this program to save me hundreds of $$$$$$$$!!

Between learning from your demo version, and learning from the SWFA site, and learning from the experience here on the Hide, I owe everyone a huge THANK YOU!!

Like today, it is a crisp 9 degrees outside with the wind blowing like crazy. I am happy sitting here in the bed, all warm and cozy, shooting at the targets I would be shooting down in WindyGulch or on the L07 Mountain. I will definately be in on the CD purchase for this version. I have checked out the new demo, and it ROCKS!!

Thanks for helping us out with everything you have done!!

DK

Wow.

Well that marks the first time I've been chastised by a company who's primary customers are shooters, for standing up to a company that has mistreated gun owners more than any other payment service out there. At least rifles only here on the hide acknowledges paypal is no friend of gun owners.

I'm sure you are far too busy to do a google search on the subject.

I only own 3 businesses, so I'm sure I wouldn't know shit about making "business decisions" as well as you clearly do. Yeah, I used paypal as a gateway when I launched the most recent website because it easily integrated with my shopping cart. Didn't stop me from replacing it with a full merchant account within 1 month though... and I sure as fuck didn't defend paypal or my position in using them during that time period. I was apologetic if anything.

You do have a great product, and due to your updates, it appears you are keeping pace with the tactical shooting community... but you definitely don't take constructive criticism outside your product very well.

As far as sacrifices I've made for our rights... well... I'll just not go there.

Good luck to you.

I like the demo - it's good practice at ranging skills, and doing mental math on the wind calls.

Nice work. I'll be ordering that when it's available.

"$28.50 International Priority Mail and handling"

that's pretty serious postage for a CD
frown.gif