• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fieldcraft Shooter ready <Game>

Re: Shooter ready <Game>

Ordered one also today and look forward to it. This is my first purchase of the software so will be fun.

New version is out! Giving us a late Christmas present by giving us a discount until January 28th, then the price goes up.

That said, has anyone else monkeyed with the new demo? I had the old version down to a science working the numbers. Now I'm having so much difficulty with the bullet drift and wind that I still have to crank impact to the right with a friggin 9mph N-NE wind. I'm wondering if the demo has something wonkey in it or if I'm not working the formulas correctly. Was using the MOA reticle on the new demo.

Ok, I've worked through every scenario in the new demo and I'm frustrated. The stronger winds are not causing accurate transitions in the demo. Going from a 9 mph to a 12 or 15 mph should mean significant input at 800 yards, but the bullet impact actually transitioned to the left with increased wind. So WTFO?

Using mildot reticle. All winds in the demo are N-NE, so that should make things easy. Still can't figure out what is going on though. Anyone else having issues on the new Demo?

Should be getting mine today...
smile.gif

Ok Im playing catch up. Can you enter your caliber and other ballistic info or do you still use the fixed calibers and loads? Im at work and cannot download the demo....

Get mine today!! Has some great shooting scenarios, unfortunately I shot the hostage twice, -10 points each time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hide or Die</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New version is out! Giving us a late Christmas present by giving us a discount until January 28th, then the price goes up.

That said, has anyone else monkeyed with the new demo? I had the old version down to a science working the numbers. Now I'm having so much difficulty with the bullet drift and wind that I still have to crank impact to the right with a friggin 9mph N-NE wind. I'm wondering if the demo has something wonkey in it or if I'm not working the formulas correctly. Was using the MOA reticle on the new demo.

Ok, I've worked through every scenario in the new demo and I'm frustrated. The stronger winds are not causing accurate transitions in the demo. Going from a 9 mph to a 12 or 15 mph should mean significant input at 800 yards, but the bullet impact actually transitioned to the left with increased wind. So WTFO?

Using mildot reticle. All winds in the demo are N-NE, so that should make things easy. Still can't figure out what is going on though. Anyone else having issues on the new Demo?</div></div>

If you read the this thread and the instructions(first loaded page) you will see where you are going wrong.

From the instructions:
"The wind arrow points to the direction that the wind is blowing from."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The wind arrow points to the direction that the wind is blowing from."</div></div>

Which makes sense, because that's what the wind arrow on an anemometer does - it points into the wind.

I had fun - and no problems - with the demo. Heck, they gave you a drop table in both mils and MOA. Can't make it much easier than that.

I ordered the CD. I'm hoping it will be here tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok Im playing catch up. Can you enter your caliber and other ballistic info or do you still use the fixed calibers and loads? Im at work and cannot download the demo.... </div></div>

The menu screen is where you select the caliber (.223, .264, .308, .338,.50cal or classroom etc)and type of range you want to go to. Then for each range you pick either MOA or MIL and time limit or no time limit.

Thanks. User error on my part. Correction made and no more problem.

I actually hold the same practical view on Paypal. Sure there is nothing wrong with making it a personal crusade to point out anti-gun corps, but in reality......what about your computer, OS, banking company, and dozens of other products that you use every day? Many of these companies contribute to liberal organizations that rabidly pursue the end of personal freedom.

In our current culture, the only way to get away from it would be to disconnect entirely and start living off snowshoe hares in northern Canada.

Change what you can, but don't hinder the development of the gun industry simply because you don't like the economic mechanisms that are necessary to use........