• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooter Ready Simulator-problems?

0311 Hesco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2010
Ohio
Ok, I bought the new version of Shooter Ready, really good concept that I know has been talked about on here before. I had the hard copy sent home and I downloaded the file. Didn't realize I needed to get WinZip too, another 30 dollars or something. My frustration is this, I have been going thru the stages, almost finished with all the stages once, and I keep having glitches pop up. Now in the defense of the creator, Karin has been keeping in touch very promptly and respectfully, and is the lone wolf on this project. But Karin cannot reproduce the issues I am having. I would like to see if maybe others are dealing with the same annoying glitches in a program that has now cost me over 70 dollars. DO NOT GET ME WRONG I LOVE THE TRAINING AID, especially while I'm 7500 miles from my rifles, but I guess I was just hoping for a more standard and bug-free operation.

-this is just a list of a couple instances (I'll omit the minor spelling and redundant bugs and get to the ones that are more obtuse).

Some of the wind calls, according to the information given, were up to a half a mil off of the target even when there was no other input, like crosswinds downrange or updrafts or whatnot. (yes I understand full and 3/4 wind)

Some of the target sizes might be off of what the program thinks it is. ( I range estimated -properly- and then fire and I get impacts 3 mils low). Yes I have checked myself and troubleshoot-ed me-the-shooter

Some of the stages reset and leave the stage buttons able to be hit again.
Some of the ranges reset at the end of the stages so you can't see your score. But it does not happen all the time.

Anyone having anything like this happen? Is it maybe Windows 8? I'm not very computer-literate and hope its not something I'm doing. I have tried just about everything I can on my end.

Please read all of my post before you post anything stupid or unnecessary, I'm simply trying to get this worked out.

By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHESTY WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!

I have a Hardcopy and am on a MAC. The only thing I have seen is sometimes what I get for a mil reading doesn't match what the program spits out as the actual distance after the shot. Most I recall seeing is about 1 mil difference from my mil reading. The target appears about the same size/mil reading as the previous shot but actual distance given by the program after the shot is farther away. I haven't seen any of the other issues you have mentioned.

Like you, I like the product and like using it. Hope what ever the bug is, it is identified and fixed as I really like the program.