• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SHOOTERS LUBE / CLEANER you decide !

scorpio 25

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2005
guys i have been looking at this stuff for awhile thinking its some scam cleaner. But i gave it a go bought some on black friday to try it to see if it really worked.sprayed my real dirty BCG with it and as you can see it cleaned it pretty good. is it your go to cleaner probably not maybe brake cleaner will work the same ? 20201209_140828.jpg20201209_145905.jpg

I get emails from them ,but have yet to try it ,so you guys say it is good stuff?

That's all I use on my pistols and rifles, works as advertised, one of the best things I like about it is it's orderless.. Give it a try - they have a money back guarantee.. I just don't use the oil that came with mine, I use Lucas gun oil - the green shit, stuff is great.

I bought a bottle of it and honestly felt it was a pretty mediocre cleaner... I mean it cleaned the loose carbon build up like any cleaner, but didn’t help me really get the nitty gritty off even with a brush. I have better results with other cleaners

Reactions: Stoweit
Just another bullshit lube/cleaner like 99% of the market. If you look at the price breakdown per ML or OZ and then compare to high tech industrial specialty lubricants that are WAY more expensive to manufacture and have very tight tolerances, it tells you how its bullshit to pay for these gun lubes and cleaners.

The shit is not rocket science(or maybe it is). If someone has not come up with a miracle cleaner that WE WOULD ALL BE USING IF IT EXISTED, in the last 50 years with our industrial and chemical knowledge, then they probably won't.

I can make 3 Gallons of Ed's Red which will perform as good or better than ANYTHING else for around $40 using full synthetics. That is enough lube to last the average shooter a lifetime.

Any degreaser will clean. Throw some aircraft grade simple green (5 gals for $70) in an ultrasonic cleaner and it will clean anything you can fit. Let it drip dry then throw in Eds Red to keep it from rusting.

Its been the same story for the last 30 years everyone thinks they discovered the new wiz bang cleaner and a year later they are not even in business anymore.

Stop falling for the same dumb shit over and over.

I use a 50/50 mix of Mobil1 and ATF. Works just as good as anything else.

Reactions: BLEE
Just another bullshit lube/cleaner like 99% of the market. If you look at the price breakdown per ML or OZ and then compare to high tech industrial specialty lubricants that are WAY more expensive to manufacture and have very tight tolerances, it tells you how its bullshit to pay for these gun lubes and cleaners.

The shit is not rocket science(or maybe it is). If someone has not come up with a miracle cleaner that WE WOULD ALL BE USING IF IT EXISTED, in the last 50 years with our industrial and chemical knowledge, then they probably won't.

I can make 3 Gallons of Ed's Red which will perform as good or better than ANYTHING else for around $40 using full synthetics. That is enough lube to last the average shooter a lifetime.

Any degreaser will clean. Throw some aircraft grade simple green (5 gals for $70) in an ultrasonic cleaner and it will clean anything you can fit. Let it drip dry then throw in Eds Red to keep it from rusting.

Its been the same story for the last 30 years everyone thinks they discovered the new wiz bang cleaner and a year later they are not even in business anymore.

Stop falling for the same dumb shit over and over.

I’ve had issues with the Aircraft Simple Green causing discoloration of my ceracote. After a bath in the ultrasonic cleaner. Have you seen that on any of yours? It’s very noticeable on the tans. Only way I could get it to go away was to scrub it off with old school rem-oil. Just wondering.

My version of Ed's Red that I've been using for almost 40 years: 50/50 mix of Kroil and synthetic ATF. If I don't have Kroil, I substitute diesel fuel.

Reactions: BLEE
I shoot a lot of gas guns (all suppressed) and every so often there's a new miracle cleaner / lubricant that seems to come around, usually through viral / influencer marketing. Mostly a gimmick.

I have resorted to completely submerging assemblies like BCGs, adjustable gas blocks etc. in odorless mineral spirits and then attacking it with nylon brushes, and then using a small spray bottle or oiler bottle on large items or hard to reach areas and hitting it with small disposable swabs. I generally only do this when the guns are so sludged up they barely function, especially on nicer barrels where most of the cleaning voodoo is just scrubbing away barrel life.

With regards to lubricant, I've been following Chad @ "School of the American Rifle" who is a pretty squared away armorer and his YouTube has some awesome tips and tricks for maintenance / inspection / quality control. One of his tips has been a homebrew mix of red synthetic grease and synthetic oil, playing with the ratio until you get a nice consistency:

Reactions: earthquake
I've used CLR and brake-kleen to great effect. Be careful, as both will stain bluing, cerakote and need to be clean properly after. This is for stubborn brakes and DIRTY bolts.

I have used CPL and Mobile 1 but in my opinion the Lube is good I’ve never had any issues with it and all my guns functioned 100%. There’s also no smell of oil scent bothers some people.

For AR bolts and pistol slides-
I use a mix of water and simple green in the ultrasonic cleaner. Run it for a couple cycles, hit it with an old toothbrush, and throw it back in for a couple more cycles.

Thoroughly rinse in warm water and let dry.

I put a light coat of oil on everything- usually spray it down with Breakfree CLP or similar, then a thin film of Super Lube grease on all the wear points and bolt lugs. Super Lube has PTFE and stays put for a long time.

On a bolt action, I just pull the bolt and wipe it down, then apply some Super Lube on the lugs and call it good.