• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooters World Match and 308 w/ 168 & 175 SMK

JimmyT

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017
Does anyone have any sweet spots tha I should start looking at using this powder and bullet combo with the SMKs? Can’t find my go to powders locally and wanted to try this stuff.

I was shooting 43ngrns of Varget today w/ 175 gr SMKs, some at 44 gr. With 308 my experience has been to try to around 2,600 -2625 FPS...I get less recoil and can sill stay sonic to 1,000 yds...around 43.00 gr s in a 26” barrel will come in higher at 2650-75../The nice thing about 308 with Varget is it is usually Accurate regardless of how fast you push it or how much jump you use...easiest round to load for

Reactions: JimmyT
You might find in your gas gun H4895 a better burn rate... not that imr 4064 won’t work but it will take a toll after a while..adjustable gas block might make a difference but that is above my pay grade...

I’m liking it really well with 175smk’s at Sierra’s recommended load length at Lovex recommended max load running 2580 in a Douglas 26” barrel with an unknown reamers spec. Very tight sd es... I ran it some slightly over max and was fairly good results but my barrel has always been a slower barrel.
I also have ran it behind Sierra 155 palmas at a little over published max with same tight sd and es at 2880ish..
Brien