• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Shooting-error chart

Tactical Rancher

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2008
Conifer, CO
www.rmsl.net
For all of you with formal marksmanship training, is this chart applicable for all practical firing positions, or for only one or two types?

I've noticed recently that I'm pulling about one shot in five 1-MOA to the left of POA. I'm firing supported-prone from a bipod, body straight back and toes out, non-firing hand under buttstock with an otherwise 1/2 MOA gun (when in a vise). This chart indicates too little trigger, but I could use some explanation of that. Any pointers?

correction_chart.gif

Re: Shooting-error chart

I'm pretty sure that target is made for handgun practice. I may be wrong, if so someone will chime in.

What part of your index finger is on the trigger when you shoot?

If you put too much of your finger through the trigger guard, you may be pulling the back end of the rifle toward your strong side when you fire, which would move the impact point the other direction. If you are shooting right handed, this would pull the impact point to the left.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerhawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What part of your index finger is on the trigger when you shoot?

If you put too much of your finger through the trigger guard, you may be pulling the back end of the rifle toward your strong side when you fire, which would move the impact point the other direction. If you are shooting right handed, this would pull the impact point to the left.</div></div>

I'm on the pad, a little closer to the joint than the tip, pressing slowly. Maybe my follow-through is messed up...

Lowlight or Jacob covered finger position in the online training, if you haven't subscribed yet I highly recommend it. Lots of good info!!