• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Shooting from seated pos.

Re: Shooting from seated pos.

tripod with Hog saddle. Not the cheapest options but by far the best I have found.

5B604973-0B1A-45C6-912A-AF8F9AE196CA-2093-00000223F2FF1806_zpsd688a367.jpg

I use a cheap pair of walmart hiking sticks that I fasioned into shooting sticks. I cut the plastic handles off and replaced them with foam. Tied the sticks together just below the handle. They have flips locks for fast height adjustments. Hit with some paint. They aren't bad for the $20 investment.

I'm a really big fan of the shooting tripods made by Precision Rifle Solutions. I have their SSP-1 rifle-rest head with a large tripod and I've been very happy with it. Works great for coyote hunting or taking standing shots while out hunting ground squirrels. Rather light and portable as well. Best $150 I've spent in a long time.
0083_zps311b8e8b.jpg

Wow , all good info.
I am looking to learn this at my range (back yard up too 1300 yards)
And use it for hunting situations

Moose ,ect.

A bipod would be better than a tripod for this kind of use
IMO

Kyle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Less is more....
theslingprecisiontactical2011004_zpsfcd05e8e.jpg
</div></div>

What would you know of these things....??

As already said, what are you shooting, where are you shooting,and what target size?

I am a fan of being able to shoot how ever the situation dictates. From unsupported, hasty sling, supported on terrain features, all the way to a tripod. Not saying that I have but if you master the position you can hold pretty good.

5 shots @ 100yds off tripod (I choaked on the last round):

2011-12-3009_32_08.jpg

2011-12-3009_37_09.jpg