• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

shooting gloves.... for keeping the fingers from burning up with AR...

I started wearing gloves because I had pretty severe eczema on my right hand which was made worse by all the mag loading and gun manipulation that goes on in practice and in matches and I really like this shooting glove. It's comfortable, tactile feel is good and you can still use touchscreens with it.

Mechanix also makes a .5 mm glove that work great. They won't protect you like an oven mitt, but it will keep you from burning yourself during accidental handling

PIG Delta Gloves
$25 or $30 on Amazon
Just enough material for extended strings of rapid fire yet thin enough for full dexterity with any weapon system. No need to remove them to load mags, unass malfunctions, use a computer, dial turrets, or dig in your pockets/pack for sour patch kids umm I mean tools. They are also touch screen compatible.
Great gloves and cheap enough to burn through if you’re using them in the field a lot.

Pig gloves posted above are awesome. i have used them way beyond shooting. They fit well, are very comfortable and pretty durable. I did take a stray #6 shot pellet in the back of the hand and it punched through the leather. probably kept the lead from lodging in my skin.

They are worth every penny.

I’ve started shooting with Mechanix gloves recently.... simply to make things more difficult. The only place I have any issues is loading pistol mags.

I have a pair of Camelback gloves that were designed for desert type operations. Thin, lots of dexterity, very airy on the back of the palm to allow got a lot of airflow, while having enough protection on the palm for handling hot materials.

Apparently they don't make them anymore, which is a shame. Perhaps check out the SKD Tactical PIG FDT Delta Gloves.

I wear Mechanix too, I cut of the index finger at the first knuckle though.

Pig Alpha mostly. they hold up ok for me, but i am probably not as hard on gloves as some.
it doesn't get cold here, so i mostly wear them so i can function with them in an emergency situation.
everyone should make protecting their hands a priority in a real disaster, even if you don;t like wearing gloves.

I use the PIG and Oakley. The PIG gloves are super tight if you have big hands even a size larger but the do feel good. The Oakley tend to fit better but they have raised plastic letters that say Oakley right where u would wipe your nose thats pretty uncomfortable when u do it. LOL

Rogers Shooting Gloves
Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 12.27.12 PM.png

Mechanix makes like 100 different types of gloves. Which model of gloves are you guys referring to?

The surplus cold weather pilots gloves have nomex or kevlar and leather. They fit snug and feel a lot like shooting gloves. Light insulation. Worth looking at, especially if you need a pair good for cooler weather too.

But I use panel covers and if that's not good enough you oughta get a vertical grip if burning that many rounds down the barrel.

I use Fox full finger Mt biking gloves when it’s hot, not a lot of protection but they do have leather palms. Don’t have gloves for cold, I live in NC

I love Mechanix Gloves, but just a warning, I have had several pairs melt on me.

Grabbing a suppressor or getting too friendly with a kerosene heater will not work out well for the gloves. Thankfully they don’t seem to melt INTO the skin.

what are you all using? anything specific that is best?

Cheap ass deerskin gloves from the hardware store. Definitely not tactical as fuck but work really well against heat and sharp edges, yet provide tons of feel. Plus protect my hands from splinters and staples when tearing down stages

Last edited:
Aluminum handguards get hot as fuck during training, and sometimes during matches.

Thankya, sir!

Mine was a real question that was probably interpreted as trolling. I don't "do" that much rapid stuff other than pistol, so that makes sense to me.

Thankya, sir!

Mine was a real question that was probably interpreted as trolling. I don't "do" that much rapid stuff other than pistol, so that makes sense to me.

Totally a legit question.