• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting in the wind today

MarkCZ

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2018
I was shooting in changing winds, today 5 to 10 mph. The KYL has 5/8", 1/2", 3/8, 1/4" and a 3/16". All are AR500, but the 3/16" is AR400. At 50yds the first 3 are a chips shot , but the 1/4" and 3/16" are not. I was shooting both for wind practice with my Kidd Supergrade, with Wolf Match Target and CCI SV. I was hitting about 70% to 80% with one 10 round mag with 10 hits, on the 3/16"

Mark

1587321732795.jpeg

Last edited:
I love that design. I've been thinking about building one, but it was getting complicated. Simple always wins.

Great idea for the small KYL targets at a reasonable cost.

ima gonna hafta Maybe borrow that idea for our random occasional .22 long range matches. Thank you for the idea.

Reactions: Geno C.
I have a Full KYL but use this one most of the time. It has a steel Square tubing frame now. I have another one with 1/2" stacked of 1.5", 1" and 1/2" for long range.

Mark

Mark, I really like that target as well. I have a full size KYL but it an be a pain to transport. Where did you get the steel. I’ve thought about checking some welding shops and see if I can buy any scrap they have.

I have a few of the 1” x 1/4” ones I use for .22 now. Just never gave it any thought about using them sideways like that. I appreciate it. (y)

Hang Fast Targets has this KYL target in prototype. Designed for 22 RF. Fully armored w/ 1/4" AR500, base adjustable for hillsides and uneven ground to keep center post plumb.
Swinger plate sizes 4", 3", 2.5", 2" and 1" AR500 1/4"
Plates mount w/o tools. Use any plate size combination.
Pricing should be around $200.

OkuGNW3.jpg