• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting matches in Texas for 22s

nesikabay

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2006
Nocona Texas
I have a good place we can shoot. If someone wants to set up a match for shooting 22s. Its 1 1/2 hours north of Dallas. So if you want to set up a match ill help all i can. I could possibly get some prizes together if we get enough shooters. I would like to make it a Tact. style match. I can handle the land part and prize part. Im looking for someone to set it up

Re: Shooting matches in Texas for 22s

Come on people lets shoot a match. I got the prize table covered. With a 100% payout. Lets shoot some 22s

He is open to San Antonio. I was thinking the CTSA range near Dietz would be a good spot. THey have abunch of different ranges out to 300 meters.

I would be interested to see how many competitors we could get.

I'm interested; give us some more details (COF, round count, date, time, location, cost)

i wish i were closer.

i don't want to "steal" the topic, but if you get something organized - do tell the details. i have a bit of an idea i've been kickin around the last few months, don't know if it'll go over well or how many will be on board, but should work for how goofy it may sound. will put it out there in the future.

I'm in. If someone will take on setting it up I'll help in any way I can. I'm in East Texas, but don't mind traveling if we can get enough interest.

Never shot a rifle match of any kind, but would like to give it a try. Tactical/practical interest me.

I think we should shoot for some place central: Austin / San Antonio area. That is not just because I live in SA, but to make it accessible for both Houston and Dallas folks.

I think the Course of Fire should stretch from 50 to 200 yards. I would like to get some unknown distance targets, but don't know if I could find a range that would allow that. Most like to have targets against a berm to avoid ricocheting off the ground.

There are some targets on 6MMBR.com plus we have the 50 yard tactical target here on the Hide. I think we should definitely include:
1) A cold bore stage
2) A KYL stage
3) A hostage stage
4) A UKD stage (or at least a multiple range stage requiring elevation and windage adjustments)
5) A seated, standing, or an improvised position stage

Any other ideas?

I love how Nesikabay is providing a rifle for the winner table that he will get to take back home the next day;-)

This exercise is pretty cruel and unusual but even more challenging if you're shooting rimfire.
wink.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2696043&page=1

I do think that a stage with multiple positions (i.e. offhand, sitting/kneeling, unsupported prone, or even support side) would be a fantastic edition to a match. I only wish I lived in TX so I could participate
frown.gif

Im all for it if you can get a range down there. Your COF sounds good. If we cant get a range down there i have 2 up here so far. I will need as much notice as i can get on the dates we can get a range so i can get prizes together. AS for the gun ive got a 40xb action, Rock bbl. Jewell trigger is on the way with a MCM stock. I already have a Manners T-4. Just dont know which stock to use.

Next week ill be gone for a while shooting a match. Then i have a match the 1st week of December in Arizona. Any other dates are good.

you guys have pistols too?

how about a timed and points issued closest to center.

start prone with rifle. in front of you is a piece of plywood high enough to block your view, set up propped "lean to" on a furring strip. timer goes off, stand, engage close target (placed at same distance as everyone else but in a different location (left right or center while your vision is blocked) with pistol, kick plywood down, return to rifle prone, engage further target.

best time and points wins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nesikabay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Then i have a match the 1st week of December in Arizona.</div></div>
If you don't mind me asking, what match are you shooting?

Ahh, I know of another 'Hide member who will be making the trip down to AZ as well for the Palma match. Maybe I'll see you there.

With all the Texas shooters here, I expected more interest in this type 22 LR shooting format.

Come on guys, let's try to get this thing put together.

If anyone has different ideas about what type shoot they want or where it might be held please speak up. Personally, I would like to see us reach out to 300 yards if we had the facility to so. I also realize there probably needs to be a few different classes represented, as we all shoot different types of 22's with different types of sighting systems.

Just my 2 cents.

We have the ability to get to 300 here in Longivew. Kind of a long distance for you guys west of Dallas though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aquatic_Robotic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With all the Texas shooters here, I expected more interest in this type 22 LR shooting format.

Come on guys, let's try to get this thing put together.

If anyone has different ideas about what type shoot they want or where it might be held please speak up. Personally, I would like to see us reach out to 300 yards if we had the facility to so. I also realize there probably needs to be a few different classes represented, as we all shoot different types of 22's with different types of sighting systems.

Just my 2 cents. </div></div>

I agree i would like to see at least 30 to 40 shooters.

Im going to give this a few more days. So far im counting 12 to 15 people that MIGHT MAKE IT.

Definitely interested - just depends on date/location.

I would be in for a .22 tactical match.

What kind of help are you specifically looking for in getting this setup?

I think we need a poll to gauge interest. I know this board has a lot of lurkers who might never post but who would compete. I will try to set one up in a separate thread when I get the chance.

NB or CM,

Are one of you going to get a head count for this to see who will DEFINITELY participate? This year is rolling by and holidays or approaching.

Thanks

AR

Holler when something is set. Schedluing permitting I should be there.

~ Rico

Ive been in contact with Carter were trying to get a range down south. It looks like it will be after the hollidays. Me or Carter one will keep it updated. Were looking at 50 to 200 yards. Were not sure of COF yet. Neither one of us has ever done this before. were working on it

Nesikabay,

I will try to make it to wherever you guys put together a shoot.

While Nesikabay and Carter are working on a "formal" south Texas match after the holidays, anyone interested in trying to get together for a Saturday fun shoot, closer to the Metroplex maybe before the formal match in south Texas?

I have a place near Athens about 80 miles East of Dallas, where we can shoot out further than a 22LR can reach. It would ge a great place to get together for an informal 22 match. We could use it as kind of a precuser to the real deal in south Texas.

I've got 4 AR500 plates, 10", 12", MOA IPSC and full size IPSC + another 4 or 5 silouette steel cutouts from my old IPSC practice days. The cutouts were built for 45 ACP of 1/2" mild steel, but will do great for 22 LR.

If others have a few targets we could put together a fun shoot with maybe both rifles and pistols. Hey it could be a good time for some us that have never met to get together and just have a great time with the double dueces.

We have a farm house on the place so we have a place to get out of the cold if it happens to be that way. It is bascially just a pasture and I would need to get the cows out a few days ahead of time.

OK I talk too much. If I have enough interest, I'll make it happen. Let me here your thoughts.

BTW, I am not offering this to take the place of a formal shoot being put together. I for one, plan to go wherever NB and CM put on a 22 LR match. This is just a fun Saturday for some of us who never get a chance to get together and shoot 22's with a bunch of guys (gals).

AR

Hell, I say have it there! LOL! Sounds fun AR... I'd be up for that!

Guys I don't want to steal Nesikbays thread or hamper the match he & Carter Mayfield are going to put on.

I will put up a new thread about this "fun shoot" when I get home tonight. Please hold any more responses or comments for the new thread.

Thanks

AR