• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

shooting matt

Re: shooting matt

That looks like a really nice one...If you pick one up I would love to know how you like cause I am in the market for a new mat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why does everyone want to shoot this Matt guy so badly?
</div></div>
haha thats exactly what i thought when i saw this thread

please don't shoot
after the search TAB seems a favourite but her in our frozen Canada lying on the ground is not a good experience on a TAB
and before you shoot Merry Xmas

The Tac Tailor <span style="font-weight: bold">Mat</span> is a great piece of work (own it and use it).

As to why you are shooting <span style="font-weight: bold">MATT</span> I will leave that to you and the authorities....

Its an excellent well made mat, doesn't roll but folds, pretty thick padding. Is it worth the extra coin, well if you do it for a living probably yes. I have a Midway mat that I got on sale, I think its an excellent product for the price. I also have a Grand River Tactical PRSM, I would say the padding is a little thinner than the Tact Tailor, but it serves two purposes. I think the Tact Tailor would serve you well in the frozen north.

I don't know about shooting at me but Chiller always tries the reach around hug when he sees me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know about shooting at me but Chiller always tries the reach around hug when he sees me. </div></div>

Matt.......that was our "private time"..........

I got the one on sale at Midway also . $29.99 plus tax and shipping. I don't know if it us nice or not. My wife wrapped it up and put it under the tree !!

I have one of the $29 Midway shooting mats, and really like it. For yhe money, you cant go wrong

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Csf45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why does everyone want to shoot this Matt guy so badly?
</div></div>
haha thats exactly what i thought when i saw this thread</div></div>

Seems like everyone has been walking all over him his whole life. Poor Matt....

RT

I have one, it is now used for my dog to lay down on. Not to say its not made well, but its bulky since it only folds. I'm using a TAB gear mat and havent looked back. A good inexpensive mat I also have is the midway mat. It is padded for you Canadians.

For a padded shooting mat, the Tactical Tailor one is a good choice. We have used them here in the desert for the last few years and they even hold up well to the abusive pounding of an M249's ejection. The padding is firm and performs well in thorny or rocky areas too.

Keep in mind that any padded mat doesn't pack all that well, and really isn't necessary if shooting on grass. For that I prefer my TAB.

So, this is to some extent a personal preference buy right?

I would not buy the one you listed as its roll up width is too wide at 30".

I like a mat that has room for the elbows but folds in and rolls up. For me, the mat is not a drag bag, or a rifle bag, but a....shooting mat.

Here is a link to a $65 mat that is solid, flares at the elbows and still rolls up to a 20" total width (extended it is actually 8" wider than yours at the elbows). That means I can strap it on the the sack and it is manageable. Check around for coupons for these guys as they are definately out there. THe last time I bought one, shipped it came in at $43.80.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=389653

OK I see MATT
I would like to see you guys write in English I might have some laugh to
but humour I like
by the way Matt I apologize for shooting you
thank you for the guidance in choosing a MAT
Tactical Tailer pro shooters mat it is
thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: canuck4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to see you guys write in English I might have some laugh to but humour I like...</div></div>J'utilise un HSRC; produit de Eagle. C'est aussi un "Mat". Vous pouvez le voire ici:

http://www.triadtactical.com/Hybrid-Sniper-Rifle-Case.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: canuck4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to see you guys write in English I might have some laugh to but humour I like...</div></div>J'utilise un HSRC; produit de Eagle. C'est aussi un "Mat". Vous pouvez le voire ici:

http://www.triadtactical.com/Hybrid-Sniper-Rifle-Case.html </div></div>
I am amase and with all punctuation oufffff
great

I love mine

http://www.crosstac.com/index.php?page=s...t&Itemid=53

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJm9TN8Iep4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJm9TN8Iep4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

one thing I have learned here in Canada... Wet, Cold, sometime muddy and forgot sunny place
is that when you roll up a mat from a wet ground you roll up the wet or mud on to the mat
so when you unroll it after changing place you have a wet and muddy mat
the folding type don't have this problem

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juice5610</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love mine

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJm9TN8Iep4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJm9TN8Iep4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

MMMM I like the moving from one place to another on this mat, exactly what we do at our range
will study this mat further
thanks.....

+1
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: canuck4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">one thing I have learned here in Canada... Wet, Cold, sometime muddy and forgot sunny place
is that when you roll up a mat from a wet ground you roll up the wet or mud on to the mat
so when you unroll it after changing place you have a wet and muddy mat
the folding type don't have this problem
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Probably the same reason everyone wants to fire at Will. </div></div>

makes me nervous every time

william

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juice5610</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love mine

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJm9TN8Iep4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJm9TN8Iep4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

I like it and at that price, they are "proud" of it.

Yup DEFINITELY overpriced but if I have to move from place to place during a match I don't have to sit there and fold it up I just grab the handles and go. And it has a good amount of padding on it. Plus my favorite feature of it the bipod rail.

Is this anything like "Uncle Travelling Matt?" (If you were a kid in the 80's you'll understand!)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeithR41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this anything like "Uncle Travelling Matt?" (If you were a kid in the 80's you'll understand!)

41 </div></div>

Wasn't that Mack? Or maybe the lame television producers over here felt that was a better name and changed it in the dubbing..
Or maybe you were joking and I'm just a bit more retarded than I thought :p

Also, my TAB mat rocks..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juice5610</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup DEFINITELY overpriced but if I have to move from place to place during a match I don't have to sit there and fold it up I just grab the handles and go. And it has a good amount of padding on it. Plus my favorite feature of it the bipod rail. </div></div>

Agree...Agree....and Agree......

just a WHOLE bunch of coin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whoMe?</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone have a coupon code for the cross tac mat? </div></div>

like a 50%.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razzle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeithR41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this anything like "Uncle Travelling Matt?" (If you were a kid in the 80's you'll understand!)

41 </div></div>

Wasn't that Mack? Or maybe the lame television producers over here felt that was a better name and changed it in the dubbing..
Or maybe you were joking and I'm just a bit more retarded than I thought :p

Also, my TAB mat rocks.. </div></div>

It Matt here.

Once again.... thanks guys. Have searched and found this and a few other threads/comments helping me on what you like and don't like. Have never used one but am about to pick up one of these and see how it works out. Not too pricey but seems like a decent one. Been looking at the Voodoo, NCStar and others.... think I will give Midway a chance.

New Pro Midway Mat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrClean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once again.... thanks guys. Have searched and found this and a few other threads/comments helping me on what you like and don't like. Have never used one but am about to pick up one of these and see how it works out. Not too pricey but seems like a decent one. Been looking at the Voodoo, NCStar and others.... think I will give Midway a chance.

New Pro Midway Mat </div></div>

I have this mat and love it. I especially like the straps that keep the bi-pod from sliding. It helps me with accuracy since I can put my weight against the rifle without it sliding...

Good luck.

Black elbow patches can get <span style="font-weight: bold">very</span> hot in the sun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrClean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once again.... thanks guys. Have searched and found this and a few other threads/comments helping me on what you like and don't like. Have never used one but am about to pick up one of these and see how it works out. Not too pricey but seems like a decent one. Been looking at the Voodoo, NCStar and others.... think I will give Midway a chance.

New Pro Midway Mat </div></div>

That mat looks like a great deal! Please post pics and let us know how you like it when it arrives.

Take a look at Midway's pro mat. I love mine. I have an Eagle mat that is pretty sweet, but midway's mat is more comfortable and was 1/3rd the price.

+1 on Midway's pro mat. It's also very comfortable aswell out in the field.

I love my pro mat from midway aswell, Got it super cheap on the black friday sale for $29. Use it all the time now and very comfortable, it also has a nice nylon strip for loading the bipod as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: canuck4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if anyone has this matt
would like you opinion before ordering
matt </div></div>

Who is Matt and why do you want to shoot him?
smile.gif

Ohhhh, you mean shooting mat?

sorry, there are times I can't spell either.