• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Shooting suppressed 100% of time

How many guys out there made the switch and shoot 100% suppressed? I'm still waiting on mine to get out of jail but that is my plan sell my muzzle brakes and just run the suppressor. Ever miss the brake?
I run a Gemtech full time on a Daniel Defense Mk18. Won't ever look back. Waiting on my tax stamp for a Rugged Suppressor Razor that I'll run on either a DD5V4 in 6.5 creedmoor or a Aero/Wilson Combat build in 6.5 Creedmoor. Will probably order another Rugged Suppressor that I'll run full time on an LWRC SPR in 5.56

Reactions: 07SGT4623
How many guys out there made the switch and shoot 100% suppressed? I'm still waiting on mine to get out of jail but that is my plan sell my muzzle brakes and just run the suppressor. Ever miss the brake?
I have shot suppressed 100% for 1.5 years.Just in the last few months did I put an EC Tuner Brake on one of my 6.5 PRC Rifles. Im trying to see how I like it and do I like it enough to use it all the time on that rifle. I really like shooting with a suppressor. I use a SilencerCo OMEGA with Quick Connect Brake on all AR15's & AR10's and a SilencerCo Hybrid .

Love shooting suppressed....and have them on the guns I shoot regular. My problem is when I want to practice then I shoot a fair amount and think they are getting too hot. Question... My benchrest 223...we shoot 30 rounds for score in 30 minutes...plus sighters and I think it gets too hot.
My PRS-22 Volquartsen rifle the POI get way off after 45 shots. I'm not sure if it damages the barrel?

Love shooting suppressed....and have them on the guns I shoot regular. My problem is when I want to practice then I shoot a fair amount and think they are getting too hot. Question... My benchrest 223...we shoot 30 rounds for score in 30 minutes...plus sighters and I think it gets too hot.
My PRS-22 Volquartsen rifle the POI get way off after 45 shots. I'm not sure if it damages the barrel?

a round a minute plus a few sighters isn’t nearly enough to damage a can unless that rate of fire is higher than recommended by the Mfr. What kind of can is it?

If you're worried, get one that's full auto rated.

I will dunk mine in the snow, run a cordless fan at the bench (Milwaukee M18 moves a surprising amount of air), pour water on it, etc. I've never worried about overheating, but the mirage will get to you quick. 99% of the time I'm at a bench I'm running the fan just to blow the mirage to the side and keep the scope image crystal clear.

Reactions: Missioncarpenter
If you're worried, get one that's full auto rated.

I will dunk mine in the snow, run a cordless fan at the bench (Milwaukee M18 moves a surprising amount of air), pour water on it, etc. I've never worried about overheating, but the mirage will get to you quick. 99% of the time I'm at a bench I'm running the fan just to blow the mirage to the side and keep the scope image crystal clear.
That's REALLY interesting about water and the fan. I'm In the deep South and hot as HELL in the summer. The mirage did bother me a lot the last time I shot and never thought about using a fan. I do have one for my body. Looks like I need two. Thanks

a round a minute plus a few sighters isn’t nearly enough to damage a can unless that rate of fire is higher than recommended by the Mfr. What kind of can is it?
It's a Texas Silencer Co Hunter model. It's was my first can. It's heavy but accurate enough even for benchrest. I live in the country and its nice to be able to practice and develop a load with out pausing off the few neighbors I have.

That's REALLY interesting about water and the fan. I'm In the deep South and hot as HELL in the summer. The mirage did bother me a lot the last time I shot and never thought about using a fan. I do have one for my body. Looks like I need two. Thanks
I’m in South Carolina. I’ve seen people using those chamber fans that blow air through the barrel and can. Not sure how much quicker they cool things off than just stand alone time in the shade

the first time I saw one in use I couldn’t figure out what the noise was that I was hearing and it was the little motor on this fan a few lanes away

Reactions: Missioncarpenter