• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Short Action Customs 260

Gray

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2011
Garner, NC
Mark just got done building this rifle for a buddy and I thought I would post it for him since it is badass! Mark does incredible work and this rifle is no exception. Everything on it is top notch. Now for the good stuff...

-Alpha 11 Short Action with LBC Mod
-26" Brux MTU 1-8" Twist with Snake Fluting and Surefire Brake chambered in 260 Match
-McMillan A-5 with Loggerhead in Molded Rhino Camo
-Schmidt and Bender PMII 12-50X56 DT P4F
-Surgeon DBM
-Jewell Trigger at 1lbs.
-Graphite Black Cerakote
-Nightforce 34mm 6 Screw Rings
-Atlas V8

Last edited:
A little known fact about Mark, he will take your final payment in the form of Dairy Queen gift cards :)

Very nice. I've had my Alpha 11 260 for about 2 months, now It is awesome.

I'll add how cool it is that functionally how a barreled action can be so similar, but the finished products can be personalized so much.

Last edited:
Wow! Amazing work done by an amazing craftsman. I can't wait for my build to be shipped out later this year. Mark is building me a .338 Lapua Magnum.
Good luck with her. Let us know how she shoots.

MDslammer

Guys, I finally got my hands on my rifle. The pictures do not do this masterpiece justice. Mark is a phenomenal guy to work with and I cannot say enough about his craftsmanship. The fluting by twisted barrels is AWESOME!!!!! I am getting to shoot it today so I will let you all know how it does.

So guys, after I got out to the range, I shot 10 rounds cleaning between each shot. The ten Remington core-lock (conserving hard to find components) all went within one inch of each other, and excluding a flier were about 3/4 MOA. It probably would have been even better had I not left my rear bag at home. I finished up my break-in session with 2-5 shot groups between 0.3-0.6 MOA range. I am looking forward to getting her a little fouled up and feed her some 5-star hand loads at long range. Mark truly builds a slick functioning stick!!!!

Maybe someday, when I grow up, I'll be able to afford a nice stick like that. A guy's gotta dream.

Shoalwater, I know it will. From the experience I have had and as passionate about handloading as I am, I do not think it will be difficult to handload for. From the very limited time I have spent with this rifle Mark has made, I do not doubt for a second that it will be a shooter. lash, I had to tuck some presidents away for a while. Don't give up on the dream, Mark has made mine come true.

Ok, since no one else asked, I will.

Why is there a gap between the barrel shoulder and the end of the brake??

A little known fact about Mark, he will take your final payment in the form of Dairy Queen gift cards :)
I will keep that in mind! Although i may have to visit a few locations to get that many... haha